PDA

View Full Version : Jay Bruce Bat on Ebay

rdeversole
12-11-2010, 10:11 PM
This Jay Bruce bat on ebay has clearly been used by Orlando Cabrera and in fact, the MLB holo information states it cracked on a single in the 4th and Cabrera batted in the 4th not Bruce. Just a heads up!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jay-Bruce-Reds-Signed-Game-Used-MLB-Baseball-Bat-/230562091145?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35ae925089#ht_578wt_1141

rdeversole
12-31-2010, 02:39 PM
Wow. So tjsports blocked me from bidding because I informed him that his Jay Bruce used bat was actually used by Orlando Cabrera.

The bat absolutely has Cabrera characteristics and is MLB holo'd to Cabreras at bat. He was still saying Bruce used it after I pointed all of that out and referred him to the Box Score of the game that it's holo'd to.

I took it one step further and photomatched it and sent him the photos of Cabrera using it and he still wouldn't give in to the facts. I understand him wanting to get his moneys worth on an investment (since, he is a "dealer" and all) but blocking me and trying to blame the MLB database for the non-error is bogus.

I thought his gaffe was unintentional, but blocking me after I was just trying to help him and the GU community out seems a little suspicious to me. You'd think he would appreciate someone trying to help out because honest and detailed listings on ebay are the ones that generally do well.

Tim+Jeff
01-01-2011, 08:43 AM
The bat was removed by me. You were blocked because you are telling different stories. I was definately confused based on your reply: "Because it is game used. Notice the description doesn't say that Jay Bruce broke it, it just says "JAY BRUCE'S LOUISVILLE SLUGGER MODEL 356" and if you check the play by play of that game, it was Cabrera who batted in the 4th not Bruce. The characteristics are perfect for a Cabrera bat, with the pine tar, tape, and weighted sleeve marks. I have no doubts, but Jay could've used it before he game it to Cabrera." Your last sentence stated it could've been used by Bruce - I took this as no one knows who used the bat and when. Which leads me to my question, how do you sell a bat that may have been broken by Cabrera and used by Bruce. The MLB database does not tell the story. Ethier way - Have a Happy New Year! TJSports...

Jags Fan Dan
01-01-2011, 10:47 AM
But why block him from bidding? It's not like he called the bat fake or something. Seems like he's being punished for providing information.

Tim+Jeff
01-01-2011, 11:44 AM
Actually I used the information he provided in the updated listing - and in hindsight should have not blocked him; however, at the time I felt the 12-12-10 post was not 100% accurate because it did not state what he had sent me in previous messages. Also, he never expressed any interest in buying the bat. As mentioned before, I ended the listing and will work with MLB to update their database. Hopefully everyone has a good New Year.

Tim+Jeff
01-01-2011, 11:47 AM
Why does this website still show 2010 as the date of the post?

Jags Fan Dan
01-01-2011, 03:17 PM
Actually I used the information he provided in the updated listing - and in hindsight should have not blocked him; however, at the time I felt the 12-12-10 post was not 100% accurate because it did not state what he had sent me in previous messages. Also, he never expressed any interest in buying the bat. As mentioned before, I ended the listing and will work with MLB to update their database. Hopefully everyone has a good New Year.
Fair enough. I commend you for acknowledging all of this.

rdeversole
01-02-2011, 04:51 PM
I still don't understand why I was blocked. I provided factual information in both instances and I still stand by what the box score, hologram, characteristics, and video all point towards.

It does seem to me that you are punishing me for giving you information.

I was actually interested in purchasing that bat (I'm a huge Reds collector) until I looked into it and saw that Bruce didn't use it last or even during that game. He used an M9 maple Louisville Slugger.

Conflicting stories or not, I think you're just mad because I let you know something you would of rather not known. I'm sorry that it might have hurt your bottom line, but I'm just looking out for fellow Reds and game used collectors.

Tim+Jeff
01-02-2011, 06:45 PM
Actually if I am mad as you say, it would be a the Reds for selling the bat as "Jay Bruce" game used or MLB for not entering accurate data.

I do not harbor any grudges and used the information provided. I did unblock you from providing future feedback. However, it is your prerogative if you do not. Hopefully this has ended the the Jay Bruce bat conspiracy as this horse has been beat to death.

I have another Bruce bat if you are interested, just got it certified by JSA. Let me know and I will send pictures.

On a side note, what do you think a Laynce Nix game used bat is worth? Not sure if he will resign with the Reds so I am reluctant to take it.

AWA85
01-03-2011, 06:41 AM
What year is your other Jay Bruce bat from? I would be interested in seeing pictures of it AWA85@live.com

Thanks

rdeversole
01-03-2011, 09:31 AM
Hey - I would like pictures. My email is rdeversole@gmail.com

As far as a Nix bat, I'm not sure. They were readily available and overpriced by the Reds all season (for a guy that barely saw playing time, they had a TON of his bats). Although, I've noticed it's harder to get a good example of his bat because they seem to fall apart when he breaks them. Most of the ones I've seen have been just trashed and splintered.