PDA

View Full Version : NFL Playoff Predictions

legaleagle92481
12-09-2010, 10:00 PM
Which teams do you think will make the NFL playoffs and how the playoffs will play out.

Here are my predictions in seed order:

NFC

1-Saints
2-Giants
3-Packers
4-Rams
5-Falcons
6-Eagles

AFC

1-Pats
2-Steelers
3-Colts
4-Chiefs
5-Jets
6-Ravens

Wild Card Round:

Packers over Eagles, Falcons over Rams, Jets over Chiefs and Ravens over Colts.

Divisional Round:

Saints over Falcons, Packers over Giants, Pats over Ravens, Steelers over Jets.

League Championship Games:

Packers over Saints, Pats over Steelers.

Super Bowl:

Packers over Pats.

sox83cubs84
12-09-2010, 10:49 PM
9-3, first place, and STILL nobody respects the Bears. Too bad, because they will still be playing in January!

Dave Miedema

legaleagle92481
12-10-2010, 10:29 AM
9-3, first place, and STILL nobody respects the Bears. Too bad, because they will still be playing in January!

Dave Miedema

I don't think they will make it because of their schedule. They are a game up on Green Bay but they have to play the Pats, Vikings, Jets and the Pack in Green Bay. The Pack have the Lions, Pats, Giants and Bears.
I predict the Bears beat the Vikes and lose to the Pats and Jets (I can't see them scoring much against the Jets defense) and the Pack beat the Lions (a gimme) and Giants (they will torch them like the Cowboys did) while also losing to the Pats. Then in the last game I think the Pack wins on their own field because they are the more talented overall team. I am not taking anything away from the Bears this year a 10 win team will miss the NFC playoffs though and I see them as the most likely candidate. The Giants are far from a great team but they have the Vikes and a rematch with the Skins plus a home game with the Eagles (which they will be extremely motivated to win because they hate each other) so I see them getting 11 wins and even if they get 10 and don't win their division and the Bears get 10 also the Giants are in on the tiebreaker because they won the head to head matchup.

DaBears54
12-10-2010, 12:32 PM
If the Bears loose to the Pats this Sunday, they will be higly motivated to win at home against the Jets. The Bears will not loose at home to the Jets.

DaBears54
12-10-2010, 12:34 PM
If the Bears loose to the Pats this Sunday, they will be higly motivated to win at home against the Jets. The Bears will not loose at home to the Jets.

I forgot to mention why they won't loose to the Jets. It's because I'll be at the game! They can't loose the only game I go to this year! :D

legaleagle92481
12-10-2010, 01:42 PM

I am not saying it is impossible the Ravens and Pack beat the Jets with very little scoring. They very well may. It will be a good game have a blast at it.

Neely8
12-10-2010, 05:51 PM
Rams in the playoffs?? Woooohooo!!!!

sox83cubs84
12-10-2010, 07:45 PM
Just reported on Fox Sports: Patriots LB Brandon Spikes has been suspended for the rest of the regular season for taking a banned substance. He is unlikley to appeal and, unless he does, will begin the suspension for Sunday's game against the Bears. He will be eligible to return for the Pats' first playoff game.

Dave Miedema

kellsox
12-13-2010, 04:51 PM

Dave Miedema

After yesterday it's tough to even consider respecting the bears. Good teams don't lose by 30 on their home field. That was bad 9-3 team

Vintagedeputy
12-13-2010, 05:09 PM
Which teams do you think will make the NFL playoffs and how the playoffs will play out.

Here are my predictions in seed order:
Packers over Giants

Packers over the Giants?

Really?

sox83cubs84
12-13-2010, 06:50 PM
After yesterday it's tough to even consider respecting the bears. Good teams don't lose by 30 on their home field. That was bad 9-3 team

As weird as it sounds, the Bears are actually in better shape after that dreadful performance than they were before:

1) Packers lost to Detroit 7-3, still a game behind Da Bears.

2) All the Bears have to do is to beat the homeless Vikings next Monday night, and they win the division. Even if the Packers beat Chicago to end the season, the head-to-head tiebreaker would be even, and the next level (division record), given a Bears win over the Vikes, would leave the Bears with no worse than a 5-1 division record, while the Pack, at best, would be 4-2 (losses already to Bears and Lions)

3) Packers go to Foxboro for a Sunday Night clash (surrender?) with the Patriots. I don't think they'll fare any better than the Bears, especially with Aaron Rodgers sitting out.

sox83cubs84
12-13-2010, 06:52 PM

As weird as it sounds, the Bears are actually in better shape after that dreadful performance than they were before:

1) Packers lost to Detroit 7-3, still a game behind Da Bears.

2) All the Bears have to do is to beat the homeless Vikings next Monday night, and they win the division. Even if the Packers beat Chicago to end the season, the head-to-head tiebreaker would be even, and the next level (division record), given a Bears win over the Vikes, would leave the Bears with no worse than a 5-1 division record, while the Pack, at best, would be 4-2 (losses already to Bears and Lions)

The Bears are still on top in the NFC North...and I believe they're gonna stay there.

Dave Miedema

3) Packers go to Foxboro for a Sunday Night clash (surrender?) with the Patriots. I don't think they'll fare any better than the Bears, especially with Aaron Rodgers sitting out.

legaleagle92481
12-13-2010, 08:03 PM
Packers over the Giants?

Really?

as long as they have a healthy aaron rodgers cant see the giants beating them.

legaleagle92481
12-13-2010, 08:05 PM
Packers over the Giants?

Really?

but after yesterday i dont think theyll get the chance as they shot themselves in the foot royally with that loss to Detriot as Dave correctly points out despite the Bears bad loss with the Packers loss they pretty much wrapped up the division.

Vintagedeputy
12-13-2010, 11:38 PM
Giants made Minny look stupid tonight. Giants D was tough!

legaleagle92481
12-14-2010, 02:17 AM
Giants made Minny look stupid tonight. Giants D was tough!

you got to put it in perspective jackson has not started a game in years and probably was shocked he was getting the chance today. the d is awesome though but they tend to get shellacked by teams with multiple big play deep threats like the cowboys, colts and eagles and saints (remember last years game?) and eli has to stop turning the ball over, even in a massacre like tonight he threw two picks. they can do some damage in the playoffs if they cure those two problems if not they wont last long.

jake33
12-15-2010, 12:26 PM
I think it is laughable that my Bucs should get in the playoffs and the packers won't. Tampa has no business being in the playoffs, but will be a glad site for me as a fan.

I hate the 4 divisions in each conference. It is mathmatically possible some year that a 5-11 team could host a 13-3 team in the first round.

camarokids
12-15-2010, 02:02 PM
I predict the Lions beat the Bills in the Super Bowl.....

legaleagle92481
12-15-2010, 02:11 PM
I think it is laughable that my Bucs should get in the playoffs and the packers won't. Tampa has no business being in the playoffs, but will be a glad site for me as a fan.

I hate the 4 divisions in each conference. It is mathmatically possible some year that a 5-11 team could host a 13-3 team in the first round.

Well the Pack had chance to win their division and apparently won't do it so its their hard luck. If you eliminate division winners from playoff eligibility what is the point of having divisions? The Bucs also are unlikely to get in: the loser of the NFC East among Giants and Eagles and NFC South among Falcons and Saints will likely get in and if season ended today thats what would happen.

jake33
12-16-2010, 07:53 AM
The saints are in as a wild card.

Either the giants or philly will be below tampa after this weekend, since they play each other.

Tampa has these games left - vs. det, vs. sea @ NO

They should be able to win the next two and the last game shouldn't matter, hopefully.

Green Bay will be 8-6 and they play the giants next week, so one of those teams will probably be out then too.

jake33
12-16-2010, 07:56 AM
I would say get rid of ALL the divisions, get rid of the 4 out of conference games, and play each team in the conference 1 time, with 2 games against a rival which would switch from season to season. Take the top teams and then give out the playoff seeds. Not a perfect plan, but better than what is in place, with a high chance of one unserving division champion, year after year

legaleagle92481
12-16-2010, 09:57 AM
The saints are in as a wild card.

Either the giants or philly will be below tampa after this weekend, since they play each other.

Tampa has these games left - vs. det, vs. sea @ NO

They should be able to win the next two and the last game shouldn't matter, hopefully.

Green Bay will be 8-6 and they play the giants next week, so one of those teams will probably be out then too.

Tampa Bay has five losses, Giants and Eagles have only four each. The tie breker is first head to head and neither NFC East team has played the Bucs. The next one is conference record. The Giants are 7-2 and the Bucs and Eagles each are 6-3. If Eagles and Bucs both win this week it creates 3 way tie. The Eagles would win NFC East by virtue of sweeping Giants head to head. Then the final two games would determine who wins the last Wild Card.

jake33
12-16-2010, 12:44 PM
I still think tampa will slip in as a wildcard and probably be 1 and done if they get in. But I was hoping for 6-10 this year, great suprise for me as a fan.

Need an eagles to win this weekend though to knock down giants. The giants finish with 2 road games, and eagles will have 2 winable games

Someone has to win each division, so that is over for me as a bucs fan and irrelevant, i just need to loser of giants vs. eagles to continue to lose, who ever it is and I think the giants have the best chance to lose.

I am merely looking at the #6 seed, nothing else

Jags Fan Dan
12-16-2010, 12:46 PM
Jags are in a "win and in" situation at Indy this week! Go Jags!