PDA

View Full Version : Advice on removing double sided tape

UGA-1
12-08-2010, 09:06 PM
Hello all!
I just purchased a David Justice Cleveland Indians jersey that the owner had on display for several years. In that time frame the double sided tape used to mount the jersey has really bonded to the jersey. Has anyone in GUU land had any experience with removing stubborn tape??
Thanks in advance!
John

dcgreg25
12-08-2010, 09:45 PM
Goo Gone works pretty well. You can pick it up at Home Depot. Congrats on the pick-up, would love to see pics of the jersey as an Indians fan!

UGA-1
12-09-2010, 06:51 PM
Thanks for the advice! Did you use a Q-tip or something to apply it or just use a cloth rag ??

I will gladly post pics after I remove the tape!!!!!!!!

murfsteve25
12-13-2010, 09:30 PM
I'm just glad that tape is on the front and not the back!

dcgreg25
12-14-2010, 10:50 AM
You can start with a Q-tip but it takes a bit of the stuff to get the residue off a jersey. My experience was wtih a football jersey so you may want to be careful with the baseball jersey and test on a small area to make sure it will not damage the jersey.

UGA-1
12-28-2010, 11:51 PM
As promised, here are pics of the DJ jersey. I must give a "shout out" to Steve (murfsteve25) for putting me in contact with the seller. He is a class act! The jersey also has a letter from the Cleveland Indians.

dcgreg25
12-29-2010, 09:52 AM
Great looking Justice jersey- Congrats!

murfsteve25
12-29-2010, 01:55 PM
As promised, here are pics of the DJ jersey. I must give a "shout out" to Steve (murfsteve25) for putting me in contact with the seller. He is a class act! The jersey also has a letter from the Cleveland Indians.
glad i could help but i dont see the tape. where is it exactly?

UGA-1
12-29-2010, 03:40 PM
Its not visible in the pics because it is clear tape. It is still there though. I have not attempted to remove it yet. I thought for sure you would ask about the stain between the numbers. Seller thinks it might be mud, but it looks like tobacco juice to me. Think someone would have done that to a team mate??

murfsteve25
12-30-2010, 09:51 AM
Its not visible in the pics because it is clear tape. It is still there though. I have not attempted to remove it yet. I thought for sure you would ask about the stain between the numbers. Seller thinks it might be mud, but it looks like tobacco juice to me. Think someone would have done that to a team mate??
yea i asked the seller about that when i was interested in it. doubt it's mud cause that usually comes out and doesnt stain as bad as what your jersey is showing. i cant really see a teammate spitting bacco juice on another players back...but who knows.