PDA

View Full Version : Pete Sampras trophies stolen

baines3
12-08-2010, 01:06 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/tennis/news/story?id=5898060

WadeInBmore
12-08-2010, 10:39 PM
hahaha...I read this earlier in the day on yahoo.com . I just love the fact that they were stolen out of a storage unit LOL. :)

Dewey2007
12-09-2010, 02:12 AM
What's particularly funny about them being stolen out of a storage unit?

hahaha...I read this earlier in the day on yahoo.com . I just love the fact that they were stolen out of a storage unit LOL. :)

both-teams-played-hard
12-09-2010, 02:57 AM
What's particularly funny about them being stolen out of a storage unit?
Yea, I was puzzled with this comment also. But many folks are not amused by my sense of humor either.

On a related note: anyone seen that cool, new show, "Storage Wars"?

Jags Fan Dan
12-09-2010, 08:24 AM
I think it is odd to have items of that value stashed in a storage unit. Those places are known for break-ins/thefts. Definitely not where you want to store irreplaceable items. But he said they were there because he had moved a few times recently and just hadn't gotten them out of storage yet.

Manram
12-09-2010, 09:02 AM
Yea, I was puzzled with this comment also. But many folks are not amused by my sense of humor either.

On a related note: anyone seen that cool, new show, "Storage Wars"?

I love that show :p haha.

WadeInBmore
12-09-2010, 09:13 PM
The facts amused me on many levels. I mean, I would think that Pete would have a trophy room or Tennis room in his house kind of similar to that found in Bruce Jenners house for his running career...but nope, those items are in a box, in a storage unit, to be forgotten about UNTIL it gets broken into and robbed!

I mean I have items out for display from my job along with pictures and even awards...and I am by no means a 7 time Wimbledon champ. The last place I would've imagine these items lived would be in a storage facility. I also found the fact that he had a storage unit amusing as well. I kinda figured that he would have enough room in his house.

wade

Dewey2007
12-09-2010, 09:27 PM
"The theft happened three weeks ago. Sampras, who had stored the items as he and his family moved between housing arrangements"

Maybe his new house was going to have a place for him to display all of his trophies. It doesn't sound like he had them in storage for a long time. I think it was an inside job by someone who worked there or they tipped off a buddy who broke into the unit.

The facts amused me on many levels. I mean, I would think that Pete would have a trophy room or Tennis room in his house kind of similar to that found in Bruce Jenners house for his running career...but nope, those items are in a box, in a storage unit, to be forgotten about UNTIL it gets broken into and robbed!

I mean I have items out for display from my job along with pictures and even awards...and I am by no means a 7 time Wimbledon champ. The last place I would've imagine these items lived would be in a storage facility. I also found the fact that he had a storage unit amusing as well. I kinda figured that he would have enough room in his house.

wade