PDA

View Full Version : Asking for a favor

SkubeBats
12-06-2010, 10:02 PM
For some reason I'm not able to get anything to come up on MLB authentication for this item I have. I was wondering if someone could try the number and tell me what it says about my item. Here's the MLB authentication number FJ 151715. Thanks for your help.

platinum1
12-06-2010, 10:07 PM
For some reason I'm not able to get anything to come up on MLB authentication for this item I have. I was wondering if someone could try the number and tell me what it says about my item. Here's the MLB authentication number FJ 151715. Thanks for your help.
Hologram number FJ151715 was located in the MLB Authentication Database under TEAM ISSUED BATTING HELMET.
Session Product Description:

Session Name: MILWAUKEE BREWERS AUTHENTICATION
Session Date: November 02, 2010
Autographer:
Authenticator: AUTHENTICATORS, INC.
Additional Information: DARK BLUE RAWLINGS BATTING HELMET WITH THE M LOGO ; MAT GAMEL

The MLB Authentication Program was created to protect our fans by eliminating Certificates of Authenticity that can be easily forged and/or copied. This print out is only for display purposes and not considered authentication for your item. To fully verify the authenticity of your item, please visit http://www.mlb.com/mlb/authentication/index.jsp. When you enter the uniquely numbered hologram into the system, you can view the details of the independent authentication of your autographed or game-used memorabilia.

cigarman44
12-06-2010, 10:09 PM
here..

SkubeBats
12-06-2010, 10:19 PM
Thanks for the fast response. You guys are the best.....

BaseballGM
12-06-2010, 10:42 PM
What does the FJ designation stand for and can someone find FJ 213037?

cigarman44
12-06-2010, 10:45 PM
What does the FJ designation stand for and can someone find FJ 213037?

Says ID not found. Im not sure what the different prefixes mean

coxfan
12-07-2010, 04:41 PM
In my experience, it is not unusual for a hologram number to be weeks or months late getting into the database, though this can vary greatly. Typically, all the game-used items for a given game will be in the same numeric sequence: eg fj 250-310 for a post-season game. Thus, for that game, bases, lineup cards, and balls will all be under the "fj" designation if used in that particular game. The sequence may continue for several games in a row, but may also break off suddenly for no clear reason. I've seen game-used sequences suddenly turn into autograph-signings or champagne bottles, usually near the date of the games, without changing the prefix.

In short, I've never disdcerned a pattern to prefixes or numbers, other than what the authenticator happens to have handy.

coxfan
12-07-2010, 04:45 PM
Sorry, I meant to give fj 251250-fj 251310 as the example of a game-used sequence of items from an important game.