PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever have money and can't find something to buy?

lakeerie92
12-06-2010, 08:42 PM
I dedicated myself this past year to focusing my collection on two items. Game used bats and authenticated game used commemorative baseballs. I have most of the later that I can find or have access to so my bat collection has grown tremendously. I always lose patience in the off season and that is when my collection focuses strayed in the past. Well recently I have sold a few items and a car to accumulate some money to keep my interests through the off season and low and behold I am striking out on everything I am attempting. First was a 2010 Josh Hamilton B45 MLB authenticated. Some of you saw it in emails that went around and despite the seller offering it to me at $850 I told him I would give him $800( I thought a lot of money for the bat). No luck. Then came the 2008 Pink Joey Votto bat on ebay. The seller said he wanted $800 for the Best Offer so when it was no longer on eBay I offered him $750 shipped which is about where he would be at since there were no ebay fees. He stopped responding to my emails. Then came the Braves sale where as soon as my clock hit 10am I sent my order and every bat I had on it was already gone. This has become frustrating. I feel I am offering good money on these bats. Am I wrong? Is anybody else like this with collecting? I am finally financially stable enough to make a big time purchase and all of my interests are not working out. Hopefully soon something comes along because it has been a month since my last purchase and the mailman is asking me if I am ok, because he hasn't dropped off a package recently.

ncbadges
12-06-2010, 08:46 PM
I am with you Bro. That's the story of my collecting life. The MINUTE i spend my nest egg...everything I've ever wanted shows up!! :eek:

ncb

Fnazxc0114
12-06-2010, 09:00 PM
Dang i didnt even get the hamilton email.

Fnazxc0114
12-06-2010, 09:00 PM
also a heads up the rangers sell hamilton g/u bats with holo for 400 all day.

AutographAddiction
12-06-2010, 09:13 PM
Russel,

What did you want from the Braves list?

Email me, I may be able to help you out.

lakeerie92
12-06-2010, 09:17 PM
You didn't miss anything on the emai. The guy wanted crazy prices. $1000-$1200. Most of them can be found on eBay now. They are the overpriced ones with wood missing. I have had a few from the Rangers and I was looking to get a 2010 or 2007 so that is why I went for the one. The Rangers the past few times I called weren't selling any that they had I guess in anticipation for their sale in January.

RRexpressfan94
12-06-2010, 09:49 PM
Story of my life right there, I look around for a few days for stuff that interests me, and usually end up small things like 5 dollar autoed cards here and there and then boom, perfect deal shows up.

Fnazxc0114
12-06-2010, 10:22 PM
is he the same guy that has the cleats for 2500? I own two pair of hamilton cleats and didnt pay half that amount for them. If you want lakeerie i can pick one up for you at the winter sale.

lakeerie92
12-06-2010, 10:37 PM
Same guy. I will let you know on the winter sale, it is in January isn't it?

legaleagle92481
12-07-2010, 09:32 AM
is he the same guy that has the cleats for 2500? I own two pair of hamilton cleats and didnt pay half that amount for them. If you want lakeerie i can pick one up for you at the winter sale.

Alot of people do that they buy from teams and sell it for much more than they paid hoping to find the sucker who doesn't realize that anyone can buy from the team and apparently there are quite a few such suckers out there.