PDA

View Full Version : Picture help needed

DJaeger22
12-06-2010, 07:58 PM
I have been looking and failing to find photos from the yankees red sox game on july 1st 2004. any help with pictures would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
danny

marinersbaseballfan21
12-06-2010, 11:29 PM
There are a bunch on AP images.

DJaeger22
12-07-2010, 04:29 PM
how do you find pictures on AP images

LWMM
12-07-2010, 04:42 PM
I counted 27 photos. You will have to register to see them, but doing so is free.

http://www.apimages.com/Search.aspx?st=k&remem=x&cfas=__p&kw=Yankees&kwstyle=and&intv=&sh=10&dteaf=07%2F01%2F2004&dtebf=07%2F01%2F2004&PERSON_FEATURED_NAME=&TITLE=&SOURCE=&sort=relevance&PHOTOGRAPHER_NAME=&rids=&city=&state%3Astatename=&phototype=&country%3Acountryname=&colorspace=&cfas=-1

DJaeger22
12-07-2010, 05:15 PM
ok cool thanks man

godwulf
12-07-2010, 05:52 PM
There's actually another discussion going on elsewhere on the board right now, regarding Getty images, that sort of dovetails with this one.

I just came from "ap images" - found exactly the photo I've been looking for, to photomatch a bat broken in Pittsburgh by Micah Owings of the Diamondbacks, on 9/27/07...it shows Owings at the plate, holding the handle end of the bat, and it's absolutely perfect...except that they want $195 for a download of it.

Well, technically, they want $195 to let me download a copy of it to use in a "museum display" - apparently, they cannot license for download, for "personal use", sports photos other than NFL or NCAA.

Am I missing something here, or am I really going to have to pay almost two hundred bucks if I want a copy of this photo?

Bravesfan
12-07-2010, 06:54 PM
Save the page.

Page > Save as

godwulf
12-07-2010, 08:44 PM
Save the page.

Page > Save as

When I right-click on the photo - or, for that matter, anywhere on the page - I don't get "Save as" as an option. I get "Save background as"...but that gets me nothing.

LWMM
12-07-2010, 10:23 PM
If you want the image as displayed, then you can just hit the "PrtSc" button on your keyboard, open up Paint or a similar program and click "paste". From there you can cut out everything else (as the PrtSc button takes an entire screenshot) so that you only have the photo.

However, if you're looking for the uncompressed image file, which would be a lot larger and without the watermark, then your path is more complicated. You could suck it up and pay $200 (ugh), or try to get in contact with the actual photographer, who may be willing to sell the file, or a print, for less. The unethical way would be to find someone with AP Images access, which is easier said than done; I am as uninformed there as you are.

godwulf
12-07-2010, 11:00 PM
Thanks, I'll see what I can come up with. Now that I think about it, I know a media guy who very well may have access.

Bravesfan
12-08-2010, 01:27 AM
When I right-click on the photo - or, for that matter, anywhere on the page - I don't get "Save as" as an option. I get "Save background as"...but that gets me nothing.
The page button on the top of your screen on your menu bar.
Click on it and then click on save as.
This will save the screen just like a screen shot.