PDA

View Full Version : GU Hockey Gloves

AM
12-06-2010, 01:55 PM
I'm generally a baseball glove collector but I've recently took a liking to GU hockey gloves - both position players and goalie

Anyone collect these?
Any thoughts on pricing, rarity, tagging info etc. to distinguish from non-GU/retail items?

I assume like other sports the better/more popular players carry a premium

thanks

Lokee
12-06-2010, 02:13 PM
I'm generally a baseball glove collector but I've recently took a liking to GU hockey gloves - both position players and goalie

Anyone collect these?
Any thoughts on pricing, rarity, tagging info etc. to distinguish from non-GU/retail items?

I assume like other sports the better/more popular players carry a premium

thanks

I have a small collection 3 or 4 complete Glove and Blocker sets from former and current Canadiens goalies (Theodore, Racicot, Garon and Price). I have a few pairs of non goalie gloves as well.

I notice that most have the players name OR number stitched on them especially the goalie ones. Also it is quite easy to photomatch them to specific years and games through the puck marks and style.

As of all sports the better the player the more you will pay. I also have noticed that is the palms are shot on the gloves you can get them for less as compared to the palms being intact if that makes any sense.

As far as tagging goes I have yet to pin-point that. If I am interested in anything for me the best way is a photomatch.

AM
12-06-2010, 02:56 PM
Thanks Lokee for the info

are you selling any of the gloves you have?

there are a couple of sellers on eBay with some gloves that look real nice but I have no way of gauging price, condition without some reference

BarryMeisel
12-06-2010, 03:41 PM
Hi AM,

Lokee's comments were right on ... but I'd like to add that a good set of game-used gloves will be fairly easy to photo-match. That's because players don't change gloves that often, and they get nicked up and worn pretty extensively.

If you can't photo-match a pair of gloves, I would be very careful to ensure that the provenance is fool-proof.

Hope this helps,
Barry Meisel, MeiGray

AM
12-06-2010, 05:14 PM
Thanks much
any good resources to research and potentially buy gloves (except for this forum of course)?

BarryMeisel
12-06-2010, 05:20 PM
Through our team partnerships, we will be getting gloves from the Philadelphia Flyers. We also might be able to access gloves from the Washington Capitals.

LMK, Thanks, Barry

AM
12-06-2010, 05:37 PM
What's the timetable?
Would they be current player gloves or even former players?

I will e-mail you

Thanks

Jules9
12-06-2010, 05:47 PM
You can also check out some of the posts on gameworn.net. and gamewornjerseys.com. for people selling gloves.

Also go to the auction houses and do a search for gloves and you can see what they sold for so you can get an idea for pricing.... Classic Auction, Gamewornauctions, Lelands

I may be selling a pair of Scott Niedermayer Devils gloves, purchased from Meigray, if your interested.

AM
12-06-2010, 05:51 PM
Thanks for the info
I will pass on the Niedermayer
Thanks for asking though

Lokee
12-06-2010, 06:36 PM
Thanks Lokee for the info

are you selling any of the gloves you have?

there are a couple of sellers on eBay with some gloves that look real nice but I have no way of gauging price, condition without some reference

Not at this time. Thanks

NYRangers
12-06-2010, 08:52 PM
Hockey gloves are probably my favorite collectible.
Here's mine:
- Nick Fotiu NYR
- Adam Graves NYR
- Doug Sulliman NYR (also used by Gord Smith New Haven Nighthawks)
- Matt Barnaby NYR
- Sandy McCarthy NYR
- Todd Harvey NYR
- Kris King NYR
- Vic Hadfield NYR (from former trainer)
- Colton Orr NYR
- Sean Avery NYR
- PJ Stock NYR/Hartford Wolfpack
- PJ Stock Philadelphia Phantoms
I'd love to get ahold of a bunch of other Rangers enforcers and agitators.
dmzeverg@ptd.net

mlupo
12-07-2010, 04:12 AM
Thanks much
any good resources to research and potentially buy gloves (except for this forum of course)?

If you are interested in Red Wings players, the team sells them direct both at Joe Louis arena and at their retail store in the metro Detroit area called Hockeytown Authentics. You can't order from them online, but the phone number is (248)680-0965

Mulligans
12-07-2010, 02:48 PM
I only have one pair of Gloves. I picked up Marco Sturm's Gloves from the game winning OT Goal at the Winter Classic at Fenway last winter. I went to the game and also had Marco sign them which was cool!