PDA

View Full Version : Larry Bird Indiana St.Jersey on grey flannel???

33bird
08-10-2006, 05:26 PM
Isn't this the same jersey that was on ebay for a buy it now price of 2995.00 a few months back?? The seller was selling it as a game issued jersey on ebay-not a game used, as grey flannel is doing, in their auction that just opened. If anybody else remembers this too, please add your input. Thanks.

Eric
08-11-2006, 02:24 PM
Folks-

It is very important that if you call something into question, you provide the factual information to back it up.

I have received email from a knowledgeable source who says there is a difference in the size and boldness of the autograph and the tagging is different. If anyone has the factual information on the game cut, please post it here- otherwise it is irresponsible to continue this thread the way it was going.

Thank you
Eric

Eric
08-11-2006, 05:15 PM
It's a different jersey-

Here's the one from ebay

Eric
08-11-2006, 05:16 PM
Here's the one in Grey Flannel

33bird
08-11-2006, 08:17 PM
Eric-I only asked if it was the same one-I didn't know for sure. My only problem with the 89-90 Bird jersey on GF is that the spacing between the numerals on the front of the jersey are spaced too far apart. I've searched pictures on gettys, corbis, and yahoo. The numbers are always right together in the pictures. Other than that one difference, it looks good, but that one difference will keep me from bidding on it.
Greg

Eric
08-11-2006, 08:31 PM
Eric-I only asked if it was the same one-I didn't know for sure.
Greg
Greg-
The problem here is that you took bad information containing no factual evidence, and made a negative statement about Grey Flannel. Remember, what you say here can have an effect on their business. It's not something to be taken lightly.
There's nothing wrong with ansking the questions, but in this case norristrophy needed to get the facts straight before posting.
Eric

ISUbirdjersey
08-16-2006, 12:38 AM
I know I was banned but as I remember you said it would be a few months and I have waited that amount of time. The COA is signed by Dr. King, a fishing buddy of a Hulman family member. Bird fished often at the Hulman Family Lake. Here is the COA. It has a great story behind it. It may have been used as a temporary jersey because of a problem with another one. They never thought to ask Bird if it was game worn. Maybe he will remember the jersey based on the Gem auto he gave it. At least it's Vintage.