PDA

View Full Version : Georgia Black Jerseys

perlman9
12-02-2010, 04:38 PM
I contacted the Georgia University store about their game worn black helmets, but received a response all helmets were sold out but they have a lot of black game worn jerseys for sale. Anyone interested I can forward the email with the excel spreadsheet with numbers available. I think they will even check for wear if you want. Their response was quick and I believe they are $150 each.

AutographAddiction
12-02-2010, 04:48 PM
I contacted the Georgia University store about their game worn black helmets, but received a response all helmets were sold out but they have a lot of black game worn jerseys for sale. Anyone interested I can forward the email with the excel spreadsheet with numbers available. I think they will even check for wear if you want. Their response was quick and I believe they are $150 each.
tsharp94@gmail.com Thanks

Preston
12-02-2010, 05:53 PM

Hey Jason,

Forward one to me as well please if you don't mind. I'd love to see what they have.

LastingsMilledge85
12-02-2010, 06:13 PM
If you can please forward me the email. Thanks

UGA016
12-02-2010, 06:34 PM
I was able to get some jerseys early in the season. Most of the low numbers are gone. I was able to get A. Murray ,Troupe, Aj Green and others.

bama0037
12-02-2010, 09:03 PM
Just curious if the AJ Green jersey had the nameplate on the back?? I would love to get one of those myself. I see there is a Murray on ebay but it doesn't look to have much game use. That is the only thing, I want a Green with quite a bit of game use. Thanks John

lehmsbobby
12-02-2010, 09:36 PM
would love the list as well.

UGA016
12-03-2010, 07:51 AM
Yeah I posted the Murray on Ebay. I have the Green as well. The Murray doesn't show any Game use due to the fact that He didnt wear in a Game. It does show wear though. The Green I have shows wear and Game use rubs on thee shoulders. I mis posted the Murray as Game Used when I should have posted as Game issued. My Fault. I believe I should hold on to both being they are wearing them next year. Gooo Dawgss!!

UGA016
12-03-2010, 08:24 PM
Here is the murray i will post the Green in a bit

UGA016
12-03-2010, 08:36 PM
Here are some of the others I have obtained through my sources.GGOOO DAWWGSS!!

UGA016
12-04-2010, 12:18 PM
The only problem finding a Green Black jersey is that they only made 2 jerseys per player of these. being they have only wore them twice in the last 3yrs. The skill players jerseys( Qb's Wr Db's etc) tend to not have much game use shown. You will have the average being they arent worn as much as the red and whites.

bama0037
12-04-2010, 06:04 PM
Here are some of the others I have obtained through my sources.GGOOO DAWWGSS!!

Whoa Brother, love that AJ Jersey. If you ever want to sell it or ever come across a Red AJ Green Jersey I would love to get one. I also love your Bowl Rings. I just picked up the entire Boxed Set of the Alabama 2009 Championship Player Rings (BCS, NCAA, and SEC Championship Rings). I will have to show my Bama Jerseys one day when I take some pics. John

UGA016
12-04-2010, 09:00 PM
Damn Bama 0037 if u have the Whole set of Bama rings!! WOW!! Good for u!! Yeah i am Missing 1 ring which is the 2002 sec ring. Hard to find. I am trying to get a red home AJ jersey. If I do I will consider!! Hopefully we can meet in the SEC championship next Year !!! GOOO DAWGGSSS!!!

bama0037
12-04-2010, 09:51 PM
Damn Bama 0037 if u have the Whole set of Bama rings!! WOW!! Good for u!! Yeah i am Missing 1 ring which is the 2002 sec ring. Hard to find. I am trying to get a red home AJ jersey. If I do I will consider!! Hopefully we can meet in the SEC championship next Year !!! GOOO DAWGGSSS!!!

Yep, it belonged to one of the players who transferred before the start of the season. I will take some pics and post up when I get a chance. Not sure if you have seen any of the pics online but they went overboard on the set. It is housed in a beautiful wooden box with a glass top that has all the scores of the games engraved in it. Then of course you have the 3 rings inside the box. Cost me quite a bit but I love it. I would love to see Bama vs GA in Atlanta next year, I just hope Cam goes pro, lol.

UGA016
12-04-2010, 09:59 PM
Yeah I am actually friends with Kirby Smart. He coached at VSU when I was there. He was my best friends roomie at UGA. Those rings are sweet!!! Teah CAM is gone after this year depending on the lockout!!

bama0037
12-04-2010, 10:05 PM
had a few old pics in my photobucket of some of my stuff.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/bama0037/026-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/bama0037/DSC01447.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/bama0037/032.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/bama0037/026.jpg

bama0037
12-04-2010, 10:08 PM
The Helmets are the Game Used Helmets from the 2008 season of Rolando McClain, Javier Arenas, and Kareem Jackson. The University of Alabama auctions off a lot of the stuff and now Steiner has a deal with Alabama so they get most of the game used jerseys and helmets directly from the University. I like Kirby and thought surely he would bolt back to Ga but we gave him quite a big raise. I still think his heart is in Ga and would not be shocked if he didn't end up the head coach there in a few years once Richt is gone. John

UGA-1
12-05-2010, 01:00 AM
Hello to all,
I personally went through the available black jerseys and "game used" helmets at the unversity a few months ago. Honestly, unless you just want a black jersey, then it is not worth the $150. I looked through about 40 jerseys and NONE showed any game usage. They also had no evidence of a nameplate having been applied and then removed as required by the NCAA. They did remove the SEC patch which is easy to see since they are applied with glue and a single stitch. Besides that, they were basically clean and never saw the equipment room.
I also consider the black "game used" Halloween helmets they have for $300 a waste also. the process UGA uses to sell these is to completely strip the helmet of decals(that were used in the game) and put new decals on. They then apply new decals and leave off the numbers and award decals. Most of the RED gamers they have look old and have been out of service for awhile. There are better replicas on sale at Ebay for half what these cost.

Arron Murray was not a member of the Bulldogs the last time UGA used black jerseys. UGA has not placed an order for black jerseys since Sept. 2008 which were used vs. Bama. Remarcus Brown wore #11 that season. Not possible for AM to be issued a black jersey while in high school.

AJ Greene did play in that 08 Bama game but the black jersey in this post has a 2010 SEC patch. Not possible on a jersey used in 2008. The 2010 SEC patch has a much larger "SEC" lettering as opposed to what was used until 09. Getty images clearly show AJ's jersey with the smaller patch lettering.

UGA016
12-05-2010, 07:37 AM
Hey Uga-1. You Are Right Remarcus Did Wear #11 That Last Year We Wore The Black Jerseys. The Only Thing Is Remarcus If You Notice Wore The Tight Sleeves In Which Murray Wears The Longer Sleeves. Actually Georgia Did Order Another Set Of Black Jerseys For The 2010 Season. In Which The Murray Jersey Was Obtained. The Jerseys That Were Wore In The 2008 Season Were Stripped Of The Old Patches And The New Larger Sec Patch Was Applied. Once Coach Richt Decided To Scratch The Jerseys For The Tech Game This Year They Were Put On Sale. The Green I Have Does Show More Wear Than The Obvious Murray I Have Shows None. Also The Helmets They Had For Sale In The Bookstore Are Way Overpriced And I Agree They R Not Worth It. The Jerseys On The Other Hand Are Really Nice. I Also Grabbed 2 Pair Of The Black Pants Which Are Pretty Sweat Also.

UGA016
12-05-2010, 07:55 AM
These are the same jerseys from the Bama blackout game. the only thing thats different is the larger SEC patch. Notice the sleeves on the Remarcus Brown versus the Murray. This jersey was issued to Murray to wear this year I was told. Th Green I can't verify but it appears to have more wear than a crisp out of the locker room jersey. It does show signs of sewing marks left behind from the smaller sec patch of 2008.

UGA016
12-05-2010, 08:00 AM
Sweet room Bama. I will say UGA-1 when it comes to Georgia stuff is a great source of knowledge. Yeah I think Kirby will ride the Saban train as long as he can. As for him returning to UGA. I can see that being his wife is from Georgia also. it all depends on Richt next year.

UGA016
12-05-2010, 03:22 PM
Just found out today that Georgia placed a partial order of Black jerseys on August of 2010. Mostly for players that wanted a different style sleeve. Mostly players like Orson Charles, A. Murray, Boykin ETC.

bama0037
12-07-2010, 10:14 PM
a few pics of my National Champ Set.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/bama0037/b018a738.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/bama0037/2966cfcb.jpg

UGA016
12-08-2010, 05:55 PM
WOW!!! Great set Bama!! I think Bama did great on those rings!! U are one lucky BAma Collector!! I would never ever part with those. If Georgia is ever lucky enough to grab another Nat. Championship....thats first on my list!! Congrats!!

Preston
12-09-2010, 01:50 AM
Any sign of a Rennie Curran jersey?

UGA016
12-09-2010, 06:56 PM
I had a Rennie Curran jersey a few months back. But i traded it and a couple more for a Moreno helmet. also just picked up this Stafford a couple weeks back.