PDA

View Full Version : Milestone HR Ball

kellsox
08-10-2006, 01:54 PM
A co-worker of mine caught David Ortiz' 200th HR Ball. He was not approached by anyone from the Red Sox and went home with the ball after the game. I personally would have found someone from the Red Sox right after catching the ball and got some form of authentication/proof that it was the actual ball. Anyway, he has his ticket stub and video from the game. My question is what is this ball worth, and what would be a ballpark market value if it had better documentation. The ball is currently not for sale. Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Kelly

astros*bats
08-10-2006, 02:09 PM
I am not sure about the worth of the ball, but he might want to do what Ironmanfan suggested in the home run derby ball thread, and call the Red Sox PR office and let them know that he has the ball.

If he is not really interested in the ball, the Red Sox or Ortiz might be interested in the ball, and may trade him for some cool things.

Just a thought.

kellsox
08-10-2006, 02:12 PM
He has been playing phone tag with someone in the office for a few weeks now. In my opinion, they dont seem too anxious to get it from him- if they were they would have made a greater effort.

suave1477
08-10-2006, 02:16 PM
The only thing I can imagine that they might not be so anxious after is that even though it is a milestone for Ortiz, but as a baseball player it is not huge a good amount of baseball players reach 200 home runs.

Just a thought!!!