PDA

View Full Version : Thanks BMH...and a message for the sick emailer!

3arod13
12-01-2010, 02:06 PM
BMH, thanks for all your help. You are truly appreciated by many in this forum.

To the sick individual who sent me these emails, you need to get serious help. To send nasty and vulgar emails like these, with such hatred in them, just because I'm asking BMH for help, is truly sick and discusting.

eisenreich8
12-01-2010, 05:16 PM
Tony, Thanks for sharing that disturbing spew. The writer is most obviously a tormented cretin. I hope someone can provide a means to track the origin of these messages and we can all learn who we are dealing with.

I have known a few twisted individuals in my internet travels and this one is quite reminiscent. I don't know you Tony, but NO ONE except a loser of the magnitude of the emailer deserves to be treated this way under any circumstances.

Please try not to let it sit too long in your memory and try to move on. Only after we unmask this turd.

Please keep us posted. And keep asking questions. You are one of the good guys.

Joe

3arod13
12-01-2010, 05:35 PM
Tony, Thanks for sharing that disturbing spew. The writer is most obviously a tormented cretin. I hope someone can provide a means to track the origin of these messages and we can all learn who we are dealing with.

I have known a few twisted individuals in my internet travels and this one is quite reminiscent. I don't know you Tony, but NO ONE except a loser of the magnitude of the emailer deserves to be treated this way under any circumstances.

Please try not to let it sit too long in your memory and try to move on. Only after we unmask this turd.

Please keep us posted. And keep asking questions. You are one of the good guys.

Joe

Joe, well said and thank you so much for your comments. It was shocking to receive those emails.

What is so disturbing to me is, this isn't like I had an issue with someone and they snapped back at me.

This forum was created to help fellow collectors. I don't care how many times someone asks questions over and over, they have the right to do so. If I think it's too much, I just ignore it.

Just like rangersfan1214. He's asking BMH for help on a Josh Hamilton bat, and you have fellow members making comments to him like:

* SEARCH OLD THREADS!!! It says he received 4 for the All Star game. I realize you are excited and that is great, but you keep asking the same stuff over and over and posting the same stuff over and over and people grow impatient and less likely to help you.

* +1 really dude not to come off rude but leave your bat alone its a great item, move on to the next great one

Let the guy be excited about this bat. Who cares how much he posts about it. I think it's awesome how excited and passionate he is about the bat. If BMH thinks he's bugging him too much, the BMH will let him know.

Again, thanks for your words. For someone to show this kind of hatred towards someone they don't know, or someone who hasn't done anything to them, is insane to me.

subway22
12-01-2010, 06:12 PM
Pshh.... I know who that is. Thats an easy one..

camarokids
12-01-2010, 06:31 PM

It is pretty obvious as well who wrote the emails. I have read other profanity laced emails sent to other members (and former members)......

3arod13
12-01-2010, 06:32 PM

If you do, then you should report them to GUU. Don't need people like this in the forum.

3arod13
12-01-2010, 06:33 PM
No more comments about this from me. Enough said.

Masimen
12-02-2010, 12:59 AM
Well, if this is who we think it is, he is not a forum member anymore.

camarokids
12-02-2010, 10:50 AM
Well, if this is who we think it is, he is not a forum member anymore.

Bingo!!!

lakeerie92
12-02-2010, 09:49 PM
Just like rangersfan1214. He's asking BMH for help on a Josh Hamilton bat, and you have fellow members making comments to him like:

* SEARCH OLD THREADS!!! It says he received 4 for the All Star game. I realize you are excited and that is great, but you keep asking the same stuff over and over and posting the same stuff over and over and people grow impatient and less likely to help you.

* +1 really dude not to come off rude but leave your bat alone its a great item, move on to the next great one

Let the guy be excited about this bat. Who cares how much he posts about it. I think it's awesome how excited and passionate he is about the bat. If BMH thinks he's bugging him too much, the BMH will let him know.

Again, thanks for your words. For someone to show this kind of hatred towards someone they don't know, or someone who hasn't done anything to them, is insane to me.

The emails are more funny than anything because they are ridiculously over the top. I should be offended being in the Navy and all, but I am sure I can hold my own with whoever it is so I am ok with it.

It sucks you got these emails and I am sorry for that, but as far as your post about rangersfan you should really just mind your own business on that. I am sure a large amount of your sympathy comes from the similarities you you and him posting threads about the same bat over and over. The only difference is I can understand it from him because he is 13. What is your excuse.There is a difference in being excited about a bat and asking the same questions over and over. I included a link in my post to rangersfan where he asked and received an answer to the question already. It is great that he got lucky on a bat, but don't take from the forum without ever adding to it. Everybody has given him all of the answers and he has researched nothing himself.

As for abusing Mr. Hillerich you are right if people are bugging him too much he probably will let us know, unfortunately the best way to do that is by ignoring us. He provides us with a service that he doesn't have to and gets nothing in return and we are all grateful for him. Unfortunately people do abuse it and feel like it is just a service of the website and it isn't. I have a thousand questions for him but I don't ask most of them because there are other people on this forum too.

I am sorry if I came across as an ass but I don't appreciate my posts being an example of negative treatment of a member. I am trying to teach the kid to search for his own information instead of asking everyone to give it to him.
“Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish; and you have fed him for a lifetime”—Author unknown

3arod13
12-03-2010, 04:27 AM
I am sorry if I came across as an ass but I don't appreciate my posts being an example of negative treatment of a member.

You didn't come across that way at all. You didn't care for your post being used as an example, and that's understandable. Thanks for your commments.

3arod13
12-06-2010, 05:34 PM
I am going to make the following statement, and then ask that the moderators close this thread.

I have been a member of GUU for a while now. Never have I contacted anyone outside the fourm, other than Joel (a fellow Arod collector) and Andrew Lang (who helped me get Arod to sign something for me).

Never have I emailed anyone outside of the GUU forum. Never have I PM'd anyone. I never had battles or issues with anyone to the extent hatred and nasty words went back and forth.

It was mentioned by a few that they know who it was. I contacted that individual, and there's no question in my mind they didn't make the comments.

For whatever reason someone sent me those nasty and rude emails, I'm clueless. I've never done anything to hurt anyone in this forum.

Overall, just a bad situation!

yankees506
12-06-2010, 05:47 PM
The emails are more funny than anything because they are ridiculously over the top. I should be offended being in the Navy and all, but I am sure I can hold my own with whoever it is so I am ok with it.

It sucks you got these emails and I am sorry for that, but as far as your post about rangersfan you should really just mind your own business on that. The only difference is I can understand it from him because he is 13.
s

I posted that he should move on to the next bat, he had been asking questions about the same bat for five months. The forum came up with what it could. Let me ask you a question, how am i to know the age of posters? i don't go around asking people's ages. I feel kind of bad that i may have discouraged him, but i was just being honest. Just an fyi this is an open forum how can it exist if everyone "minded their own business"? really? wow