PDA

View Full Version : Texas Rangers Game Used Jersey Sale

dwolfe12345
12-01-2010, 10:39 AM
Does anyone know when the Rangers are doing their annual Winter Sale of their game used items? I am looking to get a Francoeur jersey and a lineup card from the day my son was born.

Fnazxc0114
12-01-2010, 10:41 AM
the last couple of years theyve done ti on the same day as the houston tristar show. This year they are doing it at the convention center so not sure how good that will be for g/u

dwolfe12345
12-01-2010, 11:04 AM
Yeah that doesnt sound to promising. Do you have a link or anything?

Jayworld
12-01-2010, 05:26 PM
Dates are January 22-23 (Saturday/Sunday). Tickets are $15 per day for adults, $5 for children, and 2-day tickets are $25/$10.
Here's the link:
http://www.arlington.org/sports-recreation/rangers-baseball/article-details?id=472

dcgreg25
12-09-2010, 12:57 PM
If anyone is going and is able to get a Cliff Lee GU jersey I would happily pay a finders fee to them on top of the cost.

Fnazxc0114
12-09-2010, 07:48 PM
The rangers have idiots running the g/u program. The only guy worth a darn there left. Its full of retirees and HS kids. I went in there during an off day this year to buy a Hamilton jersey and they almost didnt let me go into the store to buy it. They kept it in a diff't section. Good luck finding a Lee jersey.

RRexpressfan94
12-09-2010, 11:46 PM
yea its horrible up there, i went to a game and their store as a section that says game used items, and the only things in there were a pair of warm up shoes with no name saying whose they were, and a bunch of authentic jerseys not GU at all.

sox83cubs84
12-10-2010, 12:54 PM
The rangers have idiots running the g/u program. The only guy worth a darn there left. Its full of retirees and HS kids. I went in there during an off day this year to buy a Hamilton jersey and they almost didnt let me go into the store to buy it. They kept it in a diff't section. Good luck finding a Lee jersey.

That sounds like the usher realities at both Chicago baseball parks. At the cell, younger ushers spend more time socializing with each other than checking tickets and seating fans. At Wrigley, nearly all the ushers are retirees, and many tend to act like the stereotypical crabby old farts.

I feel for you, amigo.

Dave Miedema

AutographAddiction
12-10-2010, 06:09 PM
How much do you think a Franceour jersey will go for?

Fnazxc0114
12-11-2010, 10:14 PM
250-400 they are high on all of their prices for jerseys.

coxfan
12-11-2010, 10:35 PM
If we're talking about the Texas Rangers, I find these criticisms strange. I go to games when I'm visiting family in that area, and I've consistently found the Rangers to have by far the best game-used selection I've seen by a team. The Grand Slam Store gets three g-u balls from each game, and the other store and booths also have some items including g-u bases and bats. All are MLB-authenticated. On the last three games I've attended there, including WS game 3, I've come away with five g-u balls, all MLB-authenticated.

I don't buy jerseys, and I know nothing of sales outside the stadium store. When I've gone on days other than home games, you couldn't get to the g-u items; the inside stores weren't open except on game days.

lakeerie92
12-11-2010, 10:57 PM
I have never been there, but I know every time I call I can't get a person on the phone who knows what they are doing. It took 3 phone calls to buy one bat. Not to mention they only have one phone line to the store so it is like winning the lottery just to get through.