PDA

View Full Version : If you recently ordered a GU Posada bat from Steiner, look here!

Crash1207
11-30-2010, 03:21 PM
If you recently ordered a blonde Mariucci Jorge Porsada bat from Steiner and haven't received it, I have it at my house.

I ordered a lineup card from the 10/2/2010 Cubs-Astros game from them since that was the day our second daughter was born and it was shipped last week. But when the Steiner box arrived at my door today, it was the Posada bat and not the lineup card. Looks like a case of labels being placed on the wrong boxes.

Obviously finding that lineup card means a lot to me so if you have a box from Steiner show up with that card in it, please let me know.

The guys at Steiner are trying to track down the lineup card and figure out who this bat belongs to but I thought I would put this post out here and try my luck here.

And before you ask, no there was no invoice in the box or on the box anywhere to give me a hint of where the bat belongs.

mbenga28
11-30-2010, 04:56 PM
thanks for posting this. never did understand Steiner's inconsistency with invoices, sometimes you get them sometimes you don't. same with the way they pack their items, I've heard people pay thousands for an item and come only with a sheet of bubble wrap, others purchase a 30$ item and it's packed like it's gold.

subway22
11-30-2010, 07:25 PM
Their site makes goofs all the time, they ship people the wrong items..etc etc..

They really need to sit their employees down and make sure everyone is on the same page and get someone in the IT department to fix their damn site. Hearing about their goofs once a week is quite annoying..

Texstros
11-30-2010, 08:01 PM
Crash -good luck on finding your lineup card.

I had a 400.00 batting helmet come today wrapped i'n plastic & shipped by ups. It made it but not sure how. They better get it together!

legaleagle92481
11-30-2010, 11:17 PM
you get points for honesty most people would not cop to such a valuable item being in the box by mistake especially since noone can prove it. i applaud you and really hope you get your lineup card.

Crash1207
12-01-2010, 07:49 AM
Quick update - a different UPS truck stopped at our house late yesterday afternoon with a second Steiner box and the lineup card was packed safely in there so that was a huge relief. Since it was for a specific special date for me, it was irreplacable so I'm glad it showed up.

But the bat is still sitting in the box in my house so if anyone has one come up missing, let me know. I know the folks at Steiner are trying to figure out where it should have been delivered.

Vintagedeputy
12-01-2010, 05:32 PM
Why, oh why can't a GU Posada bat show up at my house?

Masimen
12-01-2010, 07:22 PM
Why, oh why can't a GU Posada bat show up at my house?

I second that! Why have I been wasting my time buying all these Posada bats, when I can just wait by the door for UPS to deliver one?

BIGSTIG
12-01-2010, 07:47 PM
A couple years ago, I won a pair of Andre Dawson GU cleats in historic auctions. Well I opened the package from Historic, and I almost crapped my pants when I saw a pair of Michael Jordan game used signed shoes. That was the most impressive piece I had ever had in my house, and I didnt get to keep it :( I called Historic, and they didnt even know what I was talking about. They ended up getting back to the rightful owner (fellow forum member), and I got my Dawson cleats.