PDA

View Full Version : NIKE will be NFL provider in 2012

jake33
11-23-2010, 05:17 PM
Reebok is done by the 2012 season. Nike will outfit the uniforms (released on 10.12.2010) and they have said they will be doing new style jerseys like what we see in college.

Wonder how big of a change it will be. The Buccanneers pirate ship on the sleeves got smaller from adidas to reebok. But I think there will be a large new look of construction of the jerseys. Not sure how I feel about that yet....

Only 5 year deal, not like the 10 year that Reebok had. Under Armour made a good bid too, but it goes to Nike.

Also, NEW ERA will be the offical sidle cap now. Wonder if we will be seeing polyester 5950's on the sidelines in the NFL in 2012....

--

JasonBanz
11-23-2010, 06:13 PM
I'm pretty excited. I think its going to bring a new look, which is well needed for several teams. Have you seen the prototype pictures yet?

UGA016
11-23-2010, 06:43 PM
Hey I can't stand Reeboks UNI's......they are so Generic!! NIKE will do a awesome job in 2012!! They are the leading designer in College footbal and the same will be in the NFL. Also heard they may try to Dip into the MLB market soon??

34swtns
11-23-2010, 06:47 PM
Individual teams would have to approve the Nike prototypes before the new designs could be implemented. I don't see that happening with teams like the Bears, Packers, Browns, etc., whose uni's have barely changed over time.
If it aint broke.......

JasonBanz
11-23-2010, 07:24 PM
The fake prototypes I saw for those teams were pretty much the same. Here's a link to the fake prototypes to all 32 teams. I must say they would look pretty awesome!

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/sns-nfl-fake-nike-jerseys-pg,0,5783765.photogallery

jhunt28
11-23-2010, 07:28 PM
I loved how Nike said that they had "no idea" how these artistic drawings got released? And that they have "no idea" where they came from? I really find it hard to believe that some amateur sat around and designed these on their own???? The cynic in me would most likely believe that Nike leaked these drawings to get a feel for what the public response would be. Obviously some are a little out there (ie. the leopard print on the Jags uni's)...but some I thought were done well.

JasonBanz
11-23-2010, 07:31 PM
As much as I would hate to say it, the Jets and Patriots had the best looking ones out of the group!

skier14
11-23-2010, 07:32 PM
Davidson from this forum made the template for those "prototypes" that you saw, however I have to say I wasnt really a fan of those concepts. Here is another person who did sets for teams as well, which are much better executed.

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=75824

cliffjmp33
11-23-2010, 07:54 PM
Even though I grew up with the Bills having a predominantly red helmet, I like the white ones in both cases. The first post on the Nike jerseys, not a fan, but wouldn't mind the second concept.

FanofGriffey3
11-24-2010, 09:08 AM
loving the first jets design. would be cool if they really ended up looking like that

perlman9
11-24-2010, 09:54 AM
I wonder if Nike will do the same that the do in college and use the design during "Rivalry Weeks" when the Cowboys play the Redskins, Giants Eagles, Vikes Packers, Jets Pats, etc. I think it will be a great idea for that and only do a few teams a year. I also better start saving now as I am assuming there will be a flood of Reeboks jerseys for sale after the 2011 season!!

otismalibu
11-24-2010, 03:57 PM
I also better start saving now as I am assuming there will be a flood of Reeboks jerseys for sale after the 2011 season!!

If the style doesn't change, the teams can keep using them. The Steelers just sewed Reebok logos over the Nike logo to keep using some jerseys after the last change. Maybe they're just cheap.

mlupo
11-26-2010, 10:51 PM
WOW call me old school, but these all look like crap, except for maybe the Browns. I used to love Nike jerseys because of the quality, but these all look very "arena league". I hate what they are doing in college, they love to mess with tradition just to sell some jerseys. Keep it classic, one color jersey body with some sleeve stripes and MAYBE a sleeve logo, and a helmet with a simple logo. As far as the Nike rival games, I hate what they are doing, expecially Michigan vs. OSU, those are the games when you should wear your classic uni's above all others. Just my take, sorry for ranting.

BU54CB
11-26-2010, 10:57 PM
Individual teams would have to approve the Nike prototypes before the new designs could be implemented. I don't see that happening with teams like the Bears, Packers, Browns, etc., whose uni's have barely changed over time.
If it aint broke.......

I completely agree, I don't see these teams or teams like the Steelers, Cowboys, and Raiders to name a few changing either. Some things are better left alone, and as 34swtns correctly said, if it ain't broke...