PDA

View Full Version : Spring Training/Batting Practice jersey's

Klattsy
11-21-2010, 10:17 PM
Hi All,

Just want to confirm 2 things:

1. The jersey's used in 2010 (for example) Spring Training, are the same as the batting practice jersey's used during the 2010 regular season.

Is there such a thing as a Spring Training Batting Jersey (i.e. would be different to the ST game jersey's)?

2. If you bought a jersey with the description "2010 Batting Practice Jersey" there is a chance it could have been worn in Spring Training. And if you bought a jersey that had the description of "20010 Spring Training Jersey" it could have been worn at BP during the season...???

Hope that makes sense...

Mark.

LastingsMilledge85
11-21-2010, 11:19 PM
Some team use regular jerseys during ST like the Mets for both road and home games. Some teams like the Orioles wear their normal jerseys just at home and BP jerseys on the road. The Nationals, for example, wear BP tops, but some players choose not to wear the BP caps and instead wear the regular caps. The Yankees and Nationals only wear their regular home jerseys on photo day. Basically, teams all vary their methods of uniform for ST.

allstarsplus
11-21-2010, 11:31 PM
The Yankees and Nationals only wear their regular home jerseys on photo day.

I think the Yankees wear their home uni's on the 1st game of Spring Training.

The Nats do something similar but wore their home unis for other games.

Here is some photos of Strasburg from Spring Training:

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/articles/2010/03/09/sports/pro/doc4b96f536bf027565259700.txt

LastingsMilledge85
11-21-2010, 11:36 PM
I think the Yankees wear their home uni's on the 1st game of Spring Training.

The Nats do something similar but wore their home unis for other games.

Here is some photos of Strasburg from Spring Training:

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/articles/2010/03/09/sports/pro/doc4b96f536bf027565259700.txt

Yeah I knew they wore them that day because it was nationally televised (probably why they wore the home tops), thought photo day was on the same day as that game, but it wasn't. Yankees first ST game, I think falls on photo day, but I'm not certain.

Klattsy
11-22-2010, 02:45 AM
Thanks guys, the basic question I guess I am asking is Is there a separate batting practice jersey for spring training? In regards to the Phillies.

LastingsMilledge85
11-22-2010, 11:00 AM
The Phillies wear two different BP tops for ST (blue and red) and both are the same as their BP tops for the regular season.

Klattsy
11-22-2010, 06:30 PM
The Phillies wear two different BP tops for ST (blue and red) and both are the same as their BP tops for the regular season.

Thanks mate, thats what i'm chasing.

Cheers.
Mark.

LastingsMilledge85
11-22-2010, 07:34 PM
Thanks mate, thats what i'm chasing.

Cheers.
Mark.

Are you looking for Drew Naylor by any chance?

Klattsy
11-23-2010, 01:28 AM
Are you looking for Drew Naylor by any chance?

I am indeed. Also Brad Harman. Only after team LOA/MLB Cert items though.

If you can help feel free to email my below addy. Bit short on funds atm though but please LMK!

Mark.

LastingsMilledge85
11-23-2010, 11:09 AM
No, sorry I don't collect Phillies, but I did know that Naylor is an Aussie so I just assumed. You may want to try to contact someone that is going to Phillies winter fest as they may have the guys you are looking for. It seems like they have jerseys from the lower name guys, Naylor still is prospect, but I think Harmon is gone.

Klattsy
11-24-2010, 02:05 AM
No, sorry I don't collect Phillies, but I did know that Naylor is an Aussie so I just assumed. You may want to try to contact someone that is going to Phillies winter fest as they may have the guys you are looking for. It seems like they have jerseys from the lower name guys, Naylor still is prospect, but I think Harmon is gone.

Thanks buddy. Naylor is still there, he is playing for my local city atm here in Brisbane. Big fan of him. Harmon made some bad decisions and had been suspended from baseball for 14 months (due back May '11). Can only hope he comes back bigger and better!

LastingsMilledge85
11-24-2010, 02:30 AM
Thanks buddy. Naylor is still there, he is playing for my local city atm here in Brisbane. Big fan of him. Harmon made some bad decisions and had been suspended from baseball for 14 months (due back May '11). Can only hope he comes back bigger and better!

Yeah I read up on that about Harman, but time may be running out for him when or if he comes back. I do like Trent Oeltjen though and was looking for his jerseys. If you are looking for him or any other Aussie players from the WBC contact Jim Bowley as he has a surplus of Australia WBC jerseys.

Klattsy
11-24-2010, 03:14 AM
Harman will only be 27 when he comes back???

Yeah Jim was really friendly but out of my price range unfortunately :( Will be saving some pennies though! I have an Oeltjen minor league jersey coming in from his River Cat days with team loa. There was a D-Backs jersey a rare Los DBacks one that went for $154 on the bay with MLB cert, he didn't play in the game though. Am hoping that the Dodgers have some available soon...

Klattsy
02-03-2011, 01:08 AM

Hi Again, sorry to dredge up an old thread, how many versions of each top would a player get for ST? One red and one blue? Or would there be multiple copies of each jersey made???

Thanks!

Mark.