PDA

View Full Version : 1996 Favre Game Worn Jersey

fredgarvin
11-21-2010, 07:32 AM
What do you all think. Looks good to me. A championship year gamer worn by a legend.Sould be a 10K jersey easy...

http://cgi.ebay.com/1996-BRETT-FAVRE-GREEN-BAY-PACKERS-AUTOGRAPHED-JERSEY-/150522171200?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item230bd20f40

capitalssticks
11-21-2010, 08:27 AM
a size 52? sounds a bit large to me

ivo610
11-21-2010, 10:24 AM
Ill wait until our resident packers expert chimes in but as far as the size Brett has worn a size 52 before. I saw a 07 this week actually that was a size 52.

gwh11
11-21-2010, 11:42 AM
Ryan, you saw more than one that was a size 52, remember?
Anyway, the size and tagging are fine on this. However, I would need better pictures to render an opinion about this. Is it "game used" or "game issued"? I can't tell judging from the photos. It's interesting that it isn't referred to as a "game used" or "game worn" jersey in the description or category.
-Guy

fredgarvin
11-21-2010, 12:57 PM
Size is correct. Just curious why it isn't getting more $$$'s.

ivo610
11-21-2010, 02:27 PM
Anyway, the size and tagging are fine on this. However, I would need better pictures to render an opinion about this. Is it "game used" or "game issued"? I can't tell judging from the photos. It's interesting that it isn't referred to as a "game used" or "game worn" jersey in the description or category.
-Guy

Yeah I just couldnt remember how many, I know the Vikings one was a 48.

trsent
11-21-2010, 02:28 PM
-Guy

The descrption mentions plenty of terms that it is worn/used:

"It is a size 52 Starter jersey worn by Favre during the great 1996 season that culminated with the Packers winning Super Bowl XXXI that year."

"You can tell the jersey has seen some battle scars as it shows several signs of game use. A few small stains are visible on the front and back torso "4". There are scrapes on the left arm sleeve striping (both front and back) and very evident dirt stains on the right shoulder "4"."

trsent
11-21-2010, 02:31 PM
Size is correct. Just curious why it isn't getting more $$$'s.

eBay sucks right now. Many good items are ignored.

As for this item, there is a hidden reserve, which often means people don't bid as bidders hate hidden reserves on eBay. The seller should just list the item at an opening bid they want for the item, or expect people like you to question why the price is so low.

I see $1000.00 items that get listed at auction go for $600.00. eBay is no longer an auction site. Sellers have to protect themselves due to higher new fees from eBay but also because the public is often not paying for items like they used to.

gwh11
11-21-2010, 06:28 PM
Sorry--that's right; the description makes a claim for being game used, just not the category or title.

Ebay often isn't the greatest forum in which to sell pricey items, I agree. However, a healthy skepticism regarding Favre items makes it incumbent upon the seller to really go out of their way to demonstrate that they are offering something legit, and soley relying on a COA from an auction house these days just might not cut it.

If no photo or video match is offered, this means there is work to be done on the part of any interested buyer.

If you believe the shirt truly accompanies the COA offered with it, which is dated 11/13/96, then you have to obtain better photos from the seller to compare to photos/video of the games to that point where the home green jerseys were worn. That's the starting point for any prospective buyer.

-Guy

trsent
11-21-2010, 07:38 PM
Sorry--that's right; the description makes a claim for being game used, just not the category or title.

Ebay often isn't the greatest forum in which to sell pricey items, I agree. However, a healthy skepticism regarding Favre items makes it incumbent upon the seller to really go out of their way to demonstrate that they are offering something legit, and soley relying on a COA from an auction house these days just might not cut it.

If no photo or video match is offered, this means there is work to be done on the part of any interested buyer.

If you believe the shirt truly accompanies the COA offered with it, which is dated 11/13/96, then you have to obtain better photos from the seller to compare to photos/video of the games to that point where the home green jerseys were worn. That's the starting point for any prospective buyer.

-Guy

You are right, better pictures are needed, but the average Joe, who doesn't read this forum may feel a letter from Grey Flannel is enough and never even think twice about the authenticity of their item.