PDA

View Full Version : The Best Thing About This Forum is......

B1SON
11-21-2010, 01:22 AM
the posters! You guys are awsome! I have been away for about a year now but that hasn't stopped 3 guys from sending me personal emails letting me know about NDSU graduates game memorabilia that they wanted to make sure I saw. Did they have to take time out of their lives to do it? No! The fact that they even remembered who I collect and bothered to look me up and send me an email is remarkable. I miss you guys..I really do. This is the only non-sports team message board I am on and I guess the intent is to educate, help, and brag a little about your finds. Sports teams message boards often times have a ton of rival team fans arguing and even fans of the same team arguing. This board is a bunch of geeks :D who collect shirts worn by other men and I guess we have to take care of each other! So, I'll be back, I promise (been way too busy) and rest assured I am on the look out for your wishlists as well! Thanks guys! I hope that all didn't sound cheesy! lol

B1SON
11-21-2010, 01:26 AM
Ok, I have to brag up my boy Joe here. You will watch this once, then when it's done, go "Ok wait a minute! How'd that happen again and who hit him?". Watch it, I promise you have never seen this kind of impact before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mr-ELKhmWj8

Dach0sen0ne
11-21-2010, 09:30 AM
Nice hit!! I agree with you about the great people on this forum. I think its awesome that people take the time to email me about Austin Jackson stuff that pops up. Its great because I know they share my collecting passion.

+1 for the great people on this fourm. :D

tigerdale
11-21-2010, 11:46 AM
I enjoy the forum & people who I have met thru here. This past year has been the most challenging of my life & there have been many days this forum has served as my escape too. I hope I can be as good to people as they have been to me.

Klattsy
11-21-2010, 09:27 PM
I've only been here a month or two but so many people have been helpful, not only on the board but through emails too. I used to visit 2-3 baseball card forums but now all my time is spent here! It's good to be on a forum where people aren't always attacking one thing or another.

So much knowledge here. It's great having such a resource when there is next to no one in my country to talk about GU memorabilia (Owen withstanding!). I probably never would have taken up GU items if it wasn't for this forum, and I don't know where i'd be without it now!

Thanks all!
Mark.

Preston
11-23-2010, 02:39 AM
Honestly, everything is awesome about this forum, but among the things I've noticed I really like are:

1. The knowledge, first and foremost. It's amazing how many people are extremely savvy in this regard.

2. Willingness to help people out...whenever I've had a question I've had multiple people chime in and help me out on many occasions.

3. PASSION! You'll be surprised but my wife just doesn't get as excited as I do when talking about the cool new jersey I picked up or glove I caught after a Titans game. Some of my buddies do but this is the place where if I'm pumped about something, I can share with other people who also enjoy it.

4. NO jealousy on this board - Sure, there's a LOT of cool stuff that I (and many others) would love to have, but to me it's awesome to be able to admire all the cool stuff that has made it to a collection.

spartanservitto
11-23-2010, 10:15 AM
Besides the people on here who are amazing, critical, educated, and friendly...

My favorite part is realizing how uneducated and naive I had been in purchasing game used bats. I have completely revamped how I look at items for sale, my research, and how sensitive the market actually is for legit items, and how even the "trustworthy" companies can be just as guilty.

However, the people are great... I would have never gotten my Ajax bat, or my Albert bat if it wouldnt have been for this forum.
:D
-Tony

sox83cubs84
11-23-2010, 04:06 PM
Creative, LOL photo-shopped images:p

Dave Miedema

B1SON
11-23-2010, 10:49 PM
3. PASSION! You'll be surprised but my wife just doesn't get as excited as I do when talking about the cool new jersey I picked up or glove I caught after a Titans game.

See if you can get Nick Schommer to cough up the gloves after a game! Tell him I sent ya! He is one of my favorite former students. How about his big punt block returned for a TD a couple weeks ago huh?