PDA

View Full Version : Game used????ESM again

jon_8_us
08-08-2006, 03:36 PM
I have complained in the past about the very loose description of Elite Sports Marketing(ESM) of game used when it comes to a lot of there items.I even wrote them an email questioning there standards of game used and got a non response of something along the lines of 'we deal with players and players friends or agents and get all our game used from them'.Basically ignored my question of what they consider game used.I'm writing this in response to another Manny Ramirez "Game used" bat the have on ebay right now
http://cgi.ebay.com/Manny-Ramirez-Signed-Game-Used-2005-Red-Sox-Bat-ESM_W0QQitemZ290017212237QQihZ019QQcategoryZ60596Q QrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I own many Manny game used bats including a M9 here are some pics below.Manny absolutely coats his bats in pine tar before he even swings them.I know ESM has posted here before.I would love to hear there response on this forum.Compare my pictures to there auction pictures.And my M9 isn't even heavily used by Manny standards.And some of there Manny bats with no use have been going for like 700$+.I paid about 2/3 of that. jon

kylehess10
08-08-2006, 04:32 PM
I really like the game used ESM has but I do have to admit they do have some suspicious stuff sometimes. I once saw them selling Miguel Tejada's game worn WBC batting gloves and I looked on getty images and saw a major difference. The gloves he was wearing in the WBC had "MIGGI" on the wrist part and the gloves he was selling in the auction didn't say that. I asked them about it and they told me the same thing they told you, that they got it from his agent or something.

bigtime59
08-08-2006, 07:30 PM
I really like the game used ESM has but I do have to admit they do have some suspicious stuff sometimes. I once saw them selling Miguel Tejada's game worn WBC batting gloves and I looked on getty images and saw a major difference. The gloves he was wearing in the WBC had "MIGGI" on the wrist part and the gloves he was selling in the auction didn't say that. I asked them about it and they told me the same thing they told you, that they got it from his agent or something.

Or the Tejada "game used" alternate jersey at the Cleveland National that had incorrect "1"s on it...

jon_8_us
08-09-2006, 03:36 PM
My question to you then Kylehess is how can you trust a company that i will admit does have some good stuff but has so much questionable stuff as well.Unless you a seasoned game used guru(like many on this site)it's seems like a dice roll which shouldn't be in this hobby!I got to assume that thre people shelling out 700$+ for these "game used" Manny bats don't incquire as much as most of you all do.Thats a shame on both sides.........
jon

jon_8_us
08-10-2006, 10:02 AM
I have sent an email to the gentleman from ESM that has posted on this forum in the past asking for an explanation and not a run around.We will see if we get one.I think it is very important to hold these companys accountable....
jon