PDA

View Full Version : MLB Authentication Holograms

baseballfans
11-18-2010, 12:02 AM
If an MLB authenticated item was authenticated on Oct. 29 2007, does that mean it would have been used in the World Series? All the description says for those items are: TEAM ISSUED BATTING PRACTICE JERSEY or TEAM ISSUED PANTS or TEAM ISSUED UNDERSHIRT. There are numerous items that have the authentication date of 10/29/07 so would it be ok to assume these items were used in the World Series?

Manram
11-18-2010, 12:10 AM
Possibly or it could be the date or session that they just authenticated it.

LWMM
11-18-2010, 12:42 AM
Keep in mind that lots of teams authenticated all the random stuff lying around at the end of the season. Your best bet (if you haven't already done so) would be to check the numbers near the one on your holograms, and see what items were authenticated in the same session(s). If the batting practice jersey etc. are around items that seem to have been used in the World Series, you might be in luck.

mlupo
11-18-2010, 05:01 AM
If an MLB authenticated item was authenticated on Oct. 29 2007, does that mean it would have been used in the World Series? All the description says for those items are: TEAM ISSUED BATTING PRACTICE JERSEY or TEAM ISSUED PANTS or TEAM ISSUED UNDERSHIRT. There are numerous items that have the authentication date of 10/29/07 so would it be ok to assume these items were used in the World Series?

I could be wrong, but I have seen many MLB authenticated items and they GENERALLY do a good job of listing game used items as "game used" and game issued unused items as "team issued". Again, this is just my guess, but based on the information you gave I would assume the items in question were issued to the players, but never saw action(in the WS or any other game). Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

coxfan
11-18-2010, 07:19 AM
One way to get an idea is to check the numbering sequences all around the numbered item. For example, FJ 251249 through FJ 251310 are all from one game, while FJ 251248 down were from the preceding game, etc. This method doesn't always work, as number sequences can change unpredictably. But if your items are in a numbering sequence that includes definite WS items, you're probably o.k. to say they're WS.

I've been following MLB hologrammming as best I can for the last few years, and it seems they're getting much more precise. In the recent post-season, they seemed very meticulous and accurate in describing things. But in 2007, they were less careful and systematic, and were more ambiguous in descriptions. So there may be no way to be sure if you're items are WS.