PDA

View Full Version : To Sign Jeter Or Not!!

jetersbatboy
11-17-2010, 10:36 PM
Let's take a poll of what Yankees fans think!

I say don't sign him, if it cost you 3 year at $21 million!

ESPN http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/columns/story?columnist=matthews_wallace&id=5818664

r_phelps
11-17-2010, 10:42 PM
If jeter was to leave NY, seeing him wear another uniform would be like Santa wearing a halloween costume.:eek:

jetersbatboy
11-17-2010, 10:46 PM
I'm a huge Jeter fan, but I'm a bigger Yankees fan!! Do what best for the team, take a stance! 3 years at most and no more then $17 million....

BULBUS
11-18-2010, 10:11 AM
The Yankee have the upper hand here. I think Jeter has to take whatever they are offering. What is another team going to give him???? Would another team give him more than say 7-10 mil for 2-3 years, I dont think so. Is there any other team that would want him as their short stop at this point?

He is going to reach 3,000 hits in 2011, does he want to do that in another uniform, especially when no other Yankees has done it before? Nope. I think Jeter should just take the offer and call it a career in 3 years. What else does he have to prove, how much more money does he need?

cjclong
11-18-2010, 10:21 AM
Hope they reach agreement. At the end of your career you can't expect to be paid as much as in the prime. Would other teams like Jeter as their shortstop? Yes. At his current salary, no. I hope Jeter is one of those players who spends all of his career with one team. Great that Ripken did, hope Jeter does too.

legaleagle92481
11-19-2010, 12:47 AM
he has made over 100 million in his career and countless more in endorsements. the yankees owe him nothing they have given him as much as he has given them if not more. he is clearly slipping and at his age once a guy slips he rarely bounces back. i would thank him, wish him well and invest his 20 million in carl crawford. they could use his relative youth, speed, defense and bat. this would allow them to sell high on swisher and maybe get some pitching for him as even if they get lee they still need middle of the rotation arms. Jeter would be a good fit on a team like the Orioles that is young and upcoming as he would fill the seats and bring attention to the team and he could mentor and set a positive example for the young players. The niners let Montana go, the Pack got rid of Farve, the Chargers got rid of LT so it is not unheard of for a team to let a longtime star go late in their careers.

trsent
11-19-2010, 01:31 AM
he has made over 100 million in his career and countless more in endorsements. the yankees owe him nothing they have given him as much as he has given them if not more. he is clearly slipping and at his age once a guy slips he rarely bounces back. i would thank him, wish him well and invest his 20 million in carl crawford. they could use his relative youth, speed, defense and bat. this would allow them to sell high on swisher and maybe get some pitching for him as even if they get lee they still need middle of the rotation arms. Jeter would be a good fit on a team like the Orioles that is young and upcoming as he would fill the seats and bring attention to the team and he could mentor and set a positive example for the young players. The niners let Montana go, the Pack got rid of Farve, the Chargers got rid of LT so it is not unheard of for a team to let a longtime star go late in their careers.

Jeter's legacy would not be the same if he left New York. Isn't he team captain? George would never let him leave. I hope he stays and retires in a similar class as a Robin Yount or George Brett.

George Steinbrenner said, "I have always been very, very careful about giving such a responsibility (Captain of the New York Yankees) to one of my players, but I can not think of a single player that I have ever had who is more deserving of this honor than Derek Jeter. He is a young man of great character and has shown great leadership qualities. He believes, as I do, what General (Douglas) MacArthur said, that 'there is no substitute for victory.' To him, and to me, it's second only to breathing."

xpress34
11-19-2010, 01:45 AM
Jeter needs to show he still has class and finish his career as a NYY.

Would he get picked up if he left - YES.

Would he get the money he may want - probably not.

Would hitting 3,000th hit in another uniform mean as much - NO.

He should make a deal with the Yankees where he takes less money on salary, but gets a % of ALL NYY merchandise with his image and such on it with the 3,000 Hit Club stuff that you know will be available the same day he hits that magic milestone.

Once he hits 3,000 as a Yankee, his stuff will make another leap in price. If he went to another team, his prices would probably drop and might spike to current levels when he hits 3,00 and then drop back off again.

Do the 'Hollywood' contract and take less $$$ and more % on sales / gross / licensing.

- Smitty

legaleagle92481
11-19-2010, 09:41 AM
Jeter's legacy would not be the same if he left New York. Isn't he team captain? George would never let him leave. I hope he stays and retires in a similar class as a Robin Yount or George Brett.

George Steinbrenner said, "I have always been very, very careful about giving such a responsibility (Captain of the New York Yankees) to one of my players, but I can not think of a single player that I have ever had who is more deserving of this honor than Derek Jeter. He is a young man of great character and has shown great leadership qualities. He believes, as I do, what General (Douglas) MacArthur said, that 'there is no substitute for victory.' To him, and to me, it's second only to breathing."

If Jordan, Montana, Farve, Boggs, Namath, Unitas, Bourque, Tomlinson, Ewing and countless others could do it why can't Jeter? Captains and leadership are overated in sports. Who is he leading a bunch of all star veterans? His legacy is enhanced beyond what it should be anyway. Baseball is a team sport for four of his five titles he had the most expensive, talented team around him. They only did what they were favored to do. Jeter was clutch and all but they could and would have done it without him. The only indepensible player they had was Mariano. Jeter when you strip it all down is Roberto Alomar. They are clones of each other stats wise, both won multiple rings, gold gloves, hit .300 playing a mid infield position with alot of hits. Alomar never was held in the regard Jeter is held in he could not get into the Hall on the first ballot and he changed teams almost as often as Elizabeth Taylor changed husbands back in the day. If Jeter wants to squeeze the Yanks they should dump him. George was a great owner but he made his share of personnel errors and if you follow that logic here it would just be making another in his name. Jeter will get the money, refuse to move down in the lineup and in a few years the left side of the infield will be the worst defensively in baseball with two near 40 year olds who refuse to DH over there. Jeter does not hit enough to DH anyway so I don't know where he plays in two years.

cjclong
11-19-2010, 09:43 AM
Saying the Yankees owe him nothing may be right in the short run, but not the long run. One of the things about the Yankee tradition is that a number of players like DiMaggio, Mantle, Ford, etc. played their whole career with NY. The Yankees could have let Mantle go after the 65 season and saved money. But you would have a different legacy and memory if they had. And some players simply ought to be remembered as playing all their career with one team, Ted Williams, Stan Musial, Cal Ripken, etc. Jeter is in that group. And the Yankees aren't going to be stopped from signing a Lee and/or a Crawford by keeping Jeter, unlike a lot other teams.

trsent
11-19-2010, 10:57 AM
Yes, what a silly argument to compare Jeter to Jordan or Montana.

Class is playing your entire career with one team. Jordan and Montana's legacy was ruined by the fact they changed teams at the end. Rice, Favre, list goes on.

Play for one team and you are the cream of the crop. The Yankees and Jeter have too much class. I hope the Captain stays and is the legend in the end.

legaleagle92481
11-19-2010, 01:28 PM
Saying the Yankees owe him nothing may be right in the short run, but not the long run. One of the things about the Yankee tradition is that a number of players like DiMaggio, Mantle, Ford, etc. played their whole career with NY. The Yankees could have let Mantle go after the 65 season and saved money. But you would have a different legacy and memory if they had. And some players simply ought to be remembered as playing all their career with one team, Ted Williams, Stan Musial, Cal Ripken, etc. Jeter is in that group. And the Yankees aren't going to be stopped from signing a Lee and/or a Crawford by keeping Jeter, unlike a lot other teams.

Would you really? Who is the greatest Yankee ever? Babe Ruth hands down. Started as a Sock ended up let go and playing in the NL when he could no longer produce. Who is the greatest living Yankee? Yogi Berra most would say. He was let go and spent part of a year with the Mets. Which former Yankee great is currently most involved with the team? Reggie Jackson is and he left them as a player and started elsewhere.

cjclong
11-19-2010, 03:05 PM
Obviously a player doesn't have to play with a team the whole time to be associated with the team or be considered a star player as Ruth and others attest. The Hall of Fame routinely has to make decisions of which uniform a player is to be inducted in. However the end of Ruth's career was sad and its not a happy chapter in the story of his life. The O's probably could have cut Ripken several years before he retired, but part of his legacy and theirs was that he played for the O's his entire career. Mantle would be regarded as a beloved superstar player if the Yankees had cut him when his numbers dropped after the 1965 season. But the fact he played with the Yankees his entire career makes the story better. I think it is good if a star player who has gained the affection of the fans can play his entire career with one team. This isn't always possible for various reasons, but when it is possibhle it makes a great story like Ripken, Musial, Williams, Banks, etc. Some people don't care if players who have played with a team their whole career and earned the affection of the fans are tossed off like dirty dishwater. Maybe that has to be the way sports works sometimes, but I think it is great if a player can play his whole career with a team and I suspect most fans feel that way. The Rangers made a huge mistake when they let Pudge Rodriguez go when he wanted to stay in Texas. He promptly took the Marlins to the World Series the next year and helped Detriot to the Series several years later. Pudge should have been a Ranger for life. When a player stays with one team his entire career it special. That's why I hope the Yankees and Jeter can work out something so he ends his career with them.

yankees506
11-19-2010, 03:16 PM
There is no way jeter is in any other uni for hit number 3000. Its not like the yankees are offering him a bag of chips, the are/will offer him more than any other team will. Point Blank

BULBUS
11-19-2010, 04:31 PM
The deal WILL get done. There's no way these 2 part. Jeter will be the first to reach 3,000 as a Yankee and he will be overpaid for his on-field performance. Jeter does have more to lose if he leaves though.

mbenga28
11-19-2010, 04:41 PM
Yankees are just doing this to prevent the Mets from making headlines in the backpage.

both sides probably already agreed to a new contract.

trsent
11-19-2010, 05:27 PM
The deal WILL get done. There's no way these 2 part. Jeter will be the first to reach 3,000 as a Yankee and he will be overpaid for his on-field performance. Jeter does have more to lose if he leaves though.

Finally, after many years you and I finally agree on something!

OaklandAsFan
11-19-2010, 10:47 PM
He is not worth the 3/45 they just offered him IMHO. His stats declined tremendously last season and he isn't getting younger. Lets see just how bad he wants to stay a Yankee.

xpress34
11-20-2010, 12:40 AM
If he squeezes the Yanks and they don't get a deal done, it would just add to the baseball mystique and lore of the most storied franchise still never having a 3,000 hit club member...

Although (and I have brought it up before) there is ONE player who was a member of the 3,000 hit club that did wear the Yankees pinstripes as a member of the 3,000 hit club. And I'm not talking about guys who passed through NY and THEN made the 3000 hit club (Winfield, Boggs, Henderson, etc)

Anyone want to make a guess?

- Smitty

allstarsplus
11-20-2010, 05:48 AM
He is not worth the 3/45 they just offered him IMHO. His stats declined tremendously last season and he isn't getting younger. Lets see just how bad he wants to stay a Yankee.

Yep, that is way overpaying him for what he can do on the field. If Jeter works the Yankees over for more, they should let him test Free Agency and get a dose of reality on his true value as a Free Agent.

Bravesfan
11-21-2010, 10:57 AM
If the Yankees can let Babe Ruth go, they can let anyone go. The game is bigger than one man.

trsent
11-21-2010, 11:26 AM
If the Yankees can let Babe Ruth go, they can let anyone go. The game is bigger than one man.

You can't compare Babe Ruth's situation and Derek Jeter's situation. Different world, different time, different rules of free agency, different ownership, different alcohol habits, different circumstances, different strokes.

Klattsy
11-21-2010, 09:35 PM
Just the thought of Jeter in another uniform makes me queezy! He will sign. No matter what the price he signs for, people are gonna call it too much. He's had a down year but nothing to say he won't bounce back next year. If even slightly.

Besides, who to play SS if he leaves? Nunez or Pena aren't ready. No decent free agents...

Fnazxc0114
11-21-2010, 10:22 PM
I hope they resign him, but i also think he would look good in a royals uniform. With him and arod on the same side of the infield bet theres a 100 ground balls that get through that a normal infield would be able to get.

Bravesfan
11-21-2010, 11:59 PM
You can't compare Babe Ruth's situation and Derek Jeter's situation. Different world, different time, different rules of free agency, different ownership, different alcohol habits, different circumstances, different strokes.
Two players who are the face of the franchise. Two players on their way down as far as their talent. Huge bucks to resign them or save for the future of the franchise instead. Fan favorites. Fans crying about how much they meant to the team in the past.
Yea, I can compare them.

trsent
11-22-2010, 01:55 AM
Two players who are the face of the franchise. Two players on their way down as far as their talent. Huge bucks to resign them or save for the future of the franchise instead. Fan favorites. Fans crying about how much they meant to the team in the past.
Yea, I can compare them.

One was a fat drunk, the other appears to be in fine shape.

You can compare whatever you want, in this debate there is no connection between the two.

Bravesfan
11-22-2010, 02:02 AM
There is comparision in my eyes and unless you are God then you have no right to tell me to think other wise.
Now if you want to debate then we can like civilized people.
If you want to just state that your opinion is absolute over and over again, as you keep doing, then you can talk to yourself.

BULBUS
11-22-2010, 10:41 AM
Finally, after many years you and I finally agree on something!

Have we had that many disagreements? There's been a few times when I couldnt keep my fingers off the keyboard, but I try my best not to get caught up in the arguments. Anyway, glad we agree on something :D I would really hate to see Jeter go.

-Chris

cjclong
11-22-2010, 11:22 AM
Obviously Braves fan has the right to his opinion. But if you look at the facts, Ruth was at the end of his career and did not even complete his last season. He was aging , and like many athletes of his era was never in the best of shape even at the height of his career. His last year he was in even worse condition. Jeter, on the contrary, is in excellent shape. While he has reached the point because of age where his career is in decline he would be a welcome addition for several teams if he were available to them. While its never possible to know for sure how quickly an athletes career will decline, where Jeter is now and Ruth was them do not appear to be comparable.

Bravesfan
11-22-2010, 12:22 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/tb/b79Kg
Derek Jeter plays the Babe Ruth card

Bravesfan
11-22-2010, 12:24 PM
Ironic that the above posted article just came out today.

legaleagle92481
11-22-2010, 03:11 PM
This debate is meaningless because regardless of what should happen from a baseball and financial perspective does anyone really think he will not be back? Who else would even pay him at almost 37 15-20 million a year for the next 3-4 years? If he goes to a noncontender looking to make a splash doesn't that sort of kill his whole legacy? Does anyone think he could turn around a team like the Royals, Indians or Nats by himself?

cjclong
11-23-2010, 11:01 AM
The reported offer of $15million a year for three years sounds more than fair. It is considerably higher than other younger shortstops are making. To put it in perspective, a person in a job making $100,000 a year, which is way above the average, would work 40 years to make $4million, which would still leave them $11million short of what Jeter would make in 1 year and $41million less than he would make in 3 years. To most of us his one year salary would be considered "winning the lottery." I am an advocate of the Yankees signing Jeter, but the offer that is said to be on the table does not seem in the least unfair.

xpress34
11-24-2010, 09:46 PM
The Yankees have encouraged Derek Jeter to test the market if he believes there is a better offer out there... (http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20101124&content_id=16198006&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb)

It will be interesting to see how this little experiment turns out...

Not that Rafael Palmiero is Derek Jeter, but I still remember clearly back in the '90s when Palmiero told the Rangers he didn't like their offer and he wanted to test the Free Agency waters...

The Rangers extended the same offer they gave Palmiero to Will Clark and Will the Thrill became a Texas Ranger. Palmiero became incensed and immediately went on the offensive claiming how poorly the Rangers had treated him 'stabbing him in the back' and leaving him 'hanging in the wind'... I'm sorry, who's choice was it to pursue the almighty dollar and test free agency?

I would like to think that Jeter is a better person than that (we all know what ultimately happened to Palmiero in the end - in fact I've never seen his name surface since his positive test - but that's another story).

I agree with Hank's stance and hope Jeter proves to be the Stand Up and Class Guy he has always been - and this is coming from a guy (me) who can't stand the Yankees!

My agreement with Hank comes from my belief that these guys need to realize how OVERPAID all of them are for playing a game - and yes, I am still a baseball fan - and they also need to realize the fans that many of them treat like 2nd class citizens are ultimately the ones who truly pay their salaries.

Steinbrenner and the rest of the owners aren't paying these guys out of the goodness of their hearts. They are paying them based on income which is created by who? US - the fans. We buy the tickets, the concessions, the gear, etc... hell, we even vote for the taxes on ourselves to build them the stadiums that they ultimately make all of the money from!

But I digress, I am getting off track here.

It will be interesting based on this article to see if The Captain actually dips his toes in the FA waters or if he just decides to get the deal done with the Yankees.

As much as has been made here about Ruth and Mantle and everyone else, this deal (or non deal) could ultimately underscore Jeter's legacy in NY. The WS are great, but Ruth and Mantle both did that too while winning MVP's, Batting Titles, HR Crowns, joing the 500 HR club, etc... but Jeter is on the precipice of doing what NO other Yankee has ever done - join the 3,000 hit club.

Yes, others that have donned the Pinstripes have joined the 3,00 hit club AFTER leaving NY (Boggs, Henderson, Winfield, etc) but NONE have done it as a Yankee. Only Lloyd Waner (1944-45) ever donned the pinstripes as a member of the 3,000 hit club. No other 3,000 hit club member besides Waner has ever even worn the uniform as a member of the 3,000 club.

Add to that the fact that A-Rod should join the 3,000 hit club as a Yankee, but Jeter should be 1st as he is a FRANCHISE guy - not another hired gun like A-Rod. He's gotten EVERY hit wearing pinstripes and 3,000 should be no different.

If Jeter gets a bigger offer and leaves, it WILL absolutely leave a tarnish on his NYY Legacy and will make A-Rod the 1st to do it in pinstripes. It would be a lot like 'kissing your sister' at that point and would not have near the poignancy of it being done by a lifetime Yankee player.

I actually like and respect Jeter - outside of the HBP act he put on this year, there has never been a bad word said about Jeter in his career. He is the epitome of what a Pro Athlete should be for our children to look up to. Play for love of the game and play with class and use every bit of your ability to make yourself as good of a player as you can possibly be.

That said, Jeter is NOT a top tier SS anymore. His range is lacking and he is not the HR/BA/RBI machine many of today's bigger more athletic SS (Tulowitzki, HanRam, etc) are becoming.

Again, Jeter has made his money and yes, he has made the Yankees and MLB money as well, but he needs to remember that without the company (MLB, Yankees, etc) he wouldn't be a millionaire from playing a game.

I honestly believe that everything his had made of himself up to this point hinges on which way this deal goes... NO other player that has left the Yankees - Ruth included - would incur more wrath and anger from NYY fans than Jeter if he takes another deal. Ruth was jettisoned by the Yanks as other players have been.

If Jeter leaves, it will be HIS choice and HIS choice alone. This fact alone separates the Jeter issue from Ruth, Mantle and any other Yankee you care to name.

I think that covers it for now. Thanks for readin my rant and I'll be interested to see your responses to it.

All the best -

Smitty

PS - Realize that many teams will be willing to top the Yankees current offer for one reason alone - marketing and sales. If they landed Jeter, they would make their money back on ticket and product sales alone.

Steinbrenner has said they will not overpay Jeter - regardless of what he has done for the team, so if he tests the market and gets a huge offer, we will see if the Yankees stick to their guns or bend and break under the pressure to keep The Captain and his Legacy in tact. Ironically, if Jeter does hold the Yanks for ransom and wins the battle, that will leave a bitter taste in many fans mouths as well as it will make Jeter look greedy and petty, so both sides are in a very sticky situation - possibly the single most contentious FA battle ever given the history and the legacy at stake.

xpress34
11-24-2010, 09:53 PM
After posting, I saw this article which in the 1st paragraph sums up most of what I stated here:

"There has been a considerable amount of gnashing of teeth because Derek Jeter and the New York Yankees are locked in contract discussions rather than in a warm embrace. For some admirers of both the organization and the shortstop, this bickering over mere money in a case as significant as this one is seen as boorish behavior."

The rest of the article can be read here:

With Millions at stake... (http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20101124&content_id=16202054&vkey=perspectives&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb)

- Smitty

jobathenut
11-25-2010, 02:38 AM
As a lifetime yankee fan (handed down by my dad).I am really ashamed the way the yankees front office is handling this thing with the captian.And i know my dad up in heaven is really upset seeing this.And i am sure my dad is trying to get to george to ask him what the heck his sons are thinking doing this to the captain.The captian deverves to be treated better than this.I know as other say his numbers are not what they used to be.But there should be some award for loyality.Or at least some respect for the loyality that the captain has shown the yankees.I know this is a buisness and blah,blah,blah.But at the end of the day at least keep all this junk in house and stop quoted to newspapers that "they dont owe anyone anything".That alone makes me sad to be a yankees fan today.

xpress34
11-25-2010, 03:09 AM
As a lifetime yankee fan (handed down by my dad).I am really ashamed the way the yankees front office is handling this thing with the captian.And i know my dad up in heaven is really upset seeing this.And i am sure my dad is trying to get to george to ask him what the heck his sons are thinking doing this to the captain.The captian deverves to be treated better than this.I know as other say his numbers are not what they used to be.But there should be some award for loyality.Or at least some respect for the loyality that the captain has shown the yankees.I know this is a buisness and blah,blah,blah.But at the end of the day at least keep all this junk in house and stop quoted to newspapers that "they dont owe anyone anything".That alone makes me sad to be a yankees fan today.

Butch -

As a lifelong Yankees fan, what are your thoughts on my argument that if Jeter squeezes for more $$ and does leave that it will tarnish his legacy?

Would love to hear your thoughts. As I said in my little diatribe, I am no fan of the Yankees, but I do like Jeter and obviously I am a huge baseball fan.

The more I thought about it and read the other comments comparing Ruth and Mantle, etc the more it n\made me realize how truly unique Jeter's situation is and what may hang in the balance for both him and the Yankees.

Not a good situation all around.

All the best -

Smitty

jobathenut
11-25-2010, 03:46 AM
XPRESS-Well i would have to agree with you.That if jeter tries to get more money and they say go and he does that it will for sure tarnish his YANKEES legacy.I say yankees as it might not do anything to his legacy as a player but proberly as a yankee, as far as the fans go.I mean you see alot of the time when a player leaves they boo him on return.And as much as i hate the thought of not seeing jeter in pinstipes.I certainly dont want to see the day when he is booed at yankee stadium.As most people think jeter is being greedy and should just take any offer and accept it.And i might be one of those people.As i think he needs to stay a yankee.But thats just the yankees fan in me.I guess it comes down to this.Who needs who more,do the yankees need jeter or does jeter need the yankees.And i just think the way the front office is dealoing with this in the public is terrible and low class and i expect better from my yankees as they are showing no class to what could be thier best ever player.And i know how you feel about the yankees my friend.You have made that perfectly clear on here-just kidding you-:)
Butch -

As a lifelong Yankees fan, what are your thoughts on my argument that if Jeter squeezes for more $$ and does leave that it will tarnish his legacy?

Would love to hear your thoughts. As I said in my little diatribe, I am no fan of the Yankees, but I do like Jeter and obviously I am a huge baseball fan.

The more I thought about it and read the other comments comparing Ruth and Mantle, etc the more it n\made me realize how truly unique Jeter's situation is and what may hang in the balance for both him and the Yankees.

Not a good situation all around.

All the best -

Smitty

vonbrandingo
11-25-2010, 04:26 AM
Been mostly a follower of posts but with all that's been posted, I feel disgraced and lied to since being a fan of Jeter's and the Yankees since the mid 90's. I'm relatively young but this situation is something I never hope to see again from a player I look up to. Just sad. He should take $1 salary for what the Yankees have done for him. To me his reputation will be tarnished regardless of whether he signs with the Yanks. I feel bad for anyone who's invested or collected his gu items.

mbenga28
11-25-2010, 06:45 AM
is anyone surprised at Jeter's greed? $500 for a game used sock?

the only part of Jeter's legacy I'm going to keep an eye on is just how long his marriage to Minky will last, that to me will show how real a man he is.

Bravesfan
11-25-2010, 08:29 AM
Jeter tarnished his reputation when he faked getting hit by a pitch. Very bush league in my opinion.
The Yankees have offered him nearly twice what he could get on the open market and he acts insulted.
I would retract the offer and send him packing.

xpress34
11-27-2010, 12:19 AM
Jeter seeking $25m per... (http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20101126&content_id=16214458&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb)

Manram
11-27-2010, 12:25 AM
Jeter seeking $25m per... (http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20101126&content_id=16214458&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb)

Thats just not even right. Ya pay him close to what pujols makes, the best player in baseball, no thanks. He did a lot of things for the franchise, but he isn't even worth the 15 million a year they offered him. After last year he is probably a 10 million a year player. just outrageous

cjclong
11-29-2010, 10:27 AM
Mbegna, you must not think there are a lot of "real men " out there since about half the population is divorced. Unless they make it public in some way people's personal lives fall under the heading of no body else's business.