PDA

View Full Version : Game used Joey Votto bat

lakeerie92
11-17-2010, 08:46 PM
I have been searching for a Votto bat as some of you may have seen and I purchased one. The only problem is the one I purchased is signed and I prefer unsigned bats. I am offering this bat for sale for $500 but really I am looking to trade the bat for a MLB authenticated unsigned Votto bat. The bat I have is MLB authenticated and the signature comes with a James Spence COA. The bat is missing no wood and is hologram # LH 707625. I have included pictures, if there are any more questions or photos needed let me know. Please email me with any inquiries on this bat.

camarokids
11-18-2010, 08:15 PM
I have an easy solution for you.

Just use a No. 2 pencil eraser and some Olive Oil and the signature will come off without any problems.

lakeerie92
11-18-2010, 09:09 PM
I have an easy solution for you.

Just use a No. 2 pencil eraser and some Olive Oil and the signature will come off without any problems.

I know I can get the signature off, but I figured before I removed a signature from a bat I would offer to trade it to someone that has one without a signature. Hopefully I can find someone interested and we can both walk away happy.

stlbats
11-18-2010, 09:17 PM
Not to change up this thread, but will the olive oil not soak into the wood or perhaps take the finish off the bat?

Jason
stlbats@bellsouth.net

camarokids
11-18-2010, 10:25 PM
Not to change up this thread, but will the olive oil not soak into the wood or perhaps take the finish off the bat?

Jason
stlbats@bellsouth.net

No, it will be safe for the bat. I have used this method to take a smeared signature off of a black LS bat before.

Now on a vintage bat, it could possible change the color (or add) some on a natural bat.

camarokids
11-18-2010, 10:28 PM
http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=6581&page=3&highlight=olive+oil