PDA

View Full Version : Dan Uggla to the Braves

lakeerie92
11-16-2010, 06:13 PM
As a Braves fan I hate to see Omar go, but I love to see someone with power in the line up. I am really excited to not have to face Uggla anymore. Now I need to ramp up my search for a nice Uggla bat.

DJaeger22
11-16-2010, 06:35 PM
https://www.digitalfm.com/gameusedbats/itemDetail.cfm?sku=4685
found this, its not a bat and its pricey but its pretty cool
-danny

kylehess10
11-16-2010, 07:02 PM
I couldn't agree with you more!

I don't mind seeing Uggla in a Braves uni, but to give up Omar, I would've rejected it if I was Frank Wren.

lakeerie92
11-16-2010, 07:07 PM
I don't mind Omar leaving too much because when they kept Gonzalez that pretty much made Omar a bench player again. I like the idea of placing Uggla in left field, that will keep Prado in at second.

Neal
11-16-2010, 07:21 PM
https://www.digitalfm.com/gameusedbats/itemDetail.cfm?sku=4685
found this, its not a bat and its pricey but its pretty cool
-danny

I am not a glove collector or pricing expert, but that seems somewhat reasonable to me.

legaleagle92481
11-16-2010, 11:16 PM
It was a great trade for you guys. They sold high on Omar no way he repeated last year and Uggla can rack something the Braves desperately need. So is this it for Chipper? Prado at 3rd Uggla at 2nd?

lakeerie92
11-16-2010, 11:22 PM
It was a great trade for you guys. They sold high on Omar no way he repeated last year and Uggla can rack something the Braves desperately need. So is this it for Chipper? Prado at 3rd Uggla at 2nd?

The first I heard was Uggla to left, but Frank Wren came out and said that Uggla will be at second. He also said that Prado normally plays left in winter ball so they are looking at that. I think they are planning for that scenario, but also using this as an insurance policy if Chipper doesn't come back. I think he will though.

legaleagle92481
11-17-2010, 09:50 AM
The first I heard was Uggla to left, but Frank Wren came out and said that Uggla will be at second. He also said that Prado normally plays left in winter ball so they are looking at that. I think they are planning for that scenario, but also using this as an insurance policy if Chipper doesn't come back. I think he will though.

I was wondering if maybe they were trying to nudge him into retirement. With Prado in left which I read also they are the worst defensive team in baseball. Uggla is a butcher at 2nd, McClouth is a terriable centerfielder, Chipper was a bad third baseman when he was young at 39 coming off an injury he will be scary, Freeman is inexperienced and Prado is wasted in left where teams traditionally hide their worst fielder (Manny and Adam Dunn have spent good portions of their careers out there for example).