PDA

View Full Version : Where has all the good football stuff gone?

legaleagle92481
11-15-2010, 11:43 AM
I have been noticing in the last few months that there has been a dearth of good football stuff to hit the secondary market. I am talking about stuff the stuff that goes for the 100s up to say 10k. In the past auctions (like a year ago) were teeming with it now you don't see as much anymore. I was reviewing the Grey Flannel catalog for the winter auction and was shocked about how bad the football selection is which is quite the departure from last year. And Ebay has practically nothing. In contrast last year I was able to pick up some great stuff from both sources. Now other than the direct sources i.e. JO, team shops and NFL Auctions I have seen very little for sale. Does anyone know why this is happening? Are people holding their stuff for some reason? Or is their somewhere else that it is being sold?

Mulligans
11-15-2010, 05:33 PM
New Jerseys are still being posted posted on GF because they missed the catalog deadline......

solarlottry
11-15-2010, 07:36 PM
I noticed the same thing that it appears that there is a dearth of good, quality football out there and on this website. Except for a few posters, people do not post many football gamers. I do my best to post 49ers stuff to keep the football posts going but baseball rules GUU (which is ok but football is America's #1 sport). The latest GF auction has junk as compared to other years. I have found a fair amount of 49ers GU shirts for sale but it has mainly been thru networking and being lucky. AMI had a good run of football in their last 3 auctions too. I think the shirts are out there but it takes effort to find them and add them to your collection.

Mulligans
11-15-2010, 08:09 PM
Paul....I absolutely agree with you!

Why are we overrun with BaseBall?

The only reason I can think of is that Baseball is more affordable for some of the new collectors. Bats, Balls, and Hats are a bit cheaper then some of the Helmets, Jerseys and Balls in Football. It seems like even the Jerseys in Baseball trade for a bit less. (Not always, but in general)

Granted...I love it all, but If I see one more photomatched bat I'm going to lose my mind!

Don't shoot the messanger....just one man's humble opinion.

Fnazxc0114
11-15-2010, 09:33 PM
I think you hit the mark on affordability mulligans. Even the lowend football stuff seems high. The amount i pay for my favorite baseball players isnt too much more than low end football gamers.

legaleagle92481
11-15-2010, 09:41 PM
Paul....I absolutely agree with you!

Why are we overrun with BaseBall?

The only reason I can think of is that Baseball is more affordable for some of the new collectors. Bats, Balls, and Hats are a bit cheaper then some of the Helmets, Jerseys and Balls in Football. It seems like even the Jerseys in Baseball trade for a bit less. (Not always, but in general)

Granted...I love it all, but If I see one more photomatched bat I'm going to lose my mind!

Don't shoot the messanger....just one man's humble opinion.

Your defintely right. Bats are under a grand and jerseys under two grand for all but the biggest stars, top Yanks and Phils in baseball typically. And that stuff is typically worn in multiple games. While NFL stuff rountiely goes for much more than that even if it is worn in only one game or part of a game.