PDA

View Full Version : The HARDEST way to get a GU Bat

Redsman20
11-14-2010, 09:48 PM
Ouch

lakeerie92
11-14-2010, 09:52 PM
Even the little girl in the photo has enough sense to put her hands up.

OaklandAsFan
11-15-2010, 01:01 AM
I remember back in the 2000 ALDS I was sitting behind the A's dugout when Jeter let a bat fly. I was in the back row and all I saw was people ducking out of the way, unfortunately it didn't make it up to me but I remember thinking hell f'ng no I would not be ducking out of the way of a Jeter bat. I would stand my ground and proudly display it in my house with my blood stains and all :)

r_phelps
11-15-2010, 08:03 AM
Notice the LITTLE baby sitting a couple seats over. :confused: Why in the world would you sit in those seats with a child that small? It kills me to see people get crushed because they sit right in the "hot zone" for balls and bats and they don't pay attention. I mean how stupid can you be to put your family in harms way. Get behind the net. This guys jaw looks like it just snapped.

sox83cubs84
11-15-2010, 04:29 PM
It's amazing how many fans are totally self-absorbed while on-field action is taking place. It's even worse in batting practice. Off the top of my head I can recall at least four occasions in which my catching (or once, deflecting) a line drive kept someone totaly oblivious to what was going on from having their faces rearranged by a line drive. I also once witnessed a clueless woman In Wrigley Field's old family section within a couple seconds of getting smashed in the face by a Shawon Dunston line drive BP homer when she leaned down to set her drink on the ground. The ball smacked the back of her seat and rolled down underneath her arse...she STILL wasn't sure what was going on. I had to tell her that she was sitting on a baseball!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Dave Miedema

OaklandAsFan
11-15-2010, 10:52 PM
Chase field this season sitting in the TGI Fridays. During BP the guy sitting at the table next to us not paying any attention whatsoever was fixing up his burger with Matt Holliday at bat. few seconds later SMASH burger, fries, plate, lettuce, ketchup, tomatos EVERYWHERE and the guy just sitting there holidng his napkin with a dumbfounded look on his face.

This after I yelled HEADS UP as the ball was on its way.

r_phelps
11-16-2010, 09:32 AM
Geeze I hope he at least got to keep the ball. I saw a lady get hit so hard in the head with a foul ball that she started throwing up everywhere once she got back to her feet and then collapsed again before medical assistance took her off.

slambam
11-16-2010, 03:38 PM
Chase field this season sitting in the TGI Fridays. During BP the guy sitting at the table next to us not paying any attention whatsoever was fixing up his burger with Matt Holliday at bat. few seconds later SMASH burger, fries, plate, lettuce, ketchup, tomatos EVERYWHERE and the guy just sitting there holidng his napkin with a dumbfounded look on his face.

This after I yelled HEADS UP as the ball was on its way.

That one is pretty comical. I can only imagine what he was thinking.

I remember a game at the old Busch Stadium, it was probably probably 04 or 05. I was sitting in the upper level 3rd base side. About the 3rd-4th inning a crushed line drive into the stands nails a woman sitting in about row 10 in the shoulder/neck area. She gets taken away by somebody to get checked out. We were sitting pretty much right about her, and about the 7th or 8th inning noticed that she had comes back out and taken her seat. Then in the top of the 9th, an absolute rocket finds the same woman and hit her right in the noggin this time. You could see the players were worried about her as Pujols and the 2nd baseman (I think Womack, but I'm not positive) kept looking over towards her. I'm sorry, if getting hit once doesn't get you to pay attention, you really need to go somewhere else.

stlbats
11-16-2010, 04:26 PM
I was in Chicago in 2001 at Comisky Park and during BP a woman was walking down the field box steps when a foul ball drilled her in the side of the head. She just collapsed into the nearest isle seat and sat there. She was probably 20 or so rows off the field and the ball bounced all the way back onto the field in the air off of her head. Jerry Hairston Jr of the Orioles saw it happen, picked up the ball, walked over to the seats and told someone to take it to her.

Jason

Tedw9
11-16-2010, 05:42 PM
I'm not sure how many of you saw this when it happened, but this guy is a tool for not paying attention to the GAME instead of yacking on the phone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdQyU9eHGVE