PDA

View Full Version : Need some help on explanation of this jersey

LastingsMilledge85
11-12-2010, 09:53 PM
I've been considering acquiring this jersey, but a few "red flags" come up. The jersey is signed by Lastings and the jersey comes from a legitimate source. This jersey style I can't find a match for, and the number is more intriguing. I found a game photo of Lastings and you can see that the second number on the jersey clearly isn't 27. So, anybody have an idea what this jersey can be? It's listed as a game-used autographed high school jersey. Thanks for any help.

http://www.lrmemo.com/v/vspfiles/photos/lmilledge-gu-jersey-hs2003-grn-2.jpghttp://www.lrmemo.com/v/vspfiles/photos/lmilledge-gu-jersey-hs2003-grn-6.jpg
http://www.findit.com/grass_roots_images/lastings.jpg

mdube16
11-12-2010, 10:18 PM
Just an idea.....if you use facebook, you can "like" or join a lakewood ranch highschool page, then request if anyone has the 2003 yearbook. With Milledge being a star athlete, i bet there are photos of him.

carct
11-12-2010, 11:29 PM
"High School" can be from grades 9-12. My son played freshman football this year. 1. The uniforms are different from freshman to jv to varsity because they get passed down as the varsity gets new uniforms. 2. Several kids wore different numbers on their home jerseys than their away ones. Jerseys get lost or are beyond repair and they don't always replace them. This is high school. 3. You are not guaranteed the same number throughout your high school career. I know you are talking about baseball but I hope this helps.

mdube16
11-12-2010, 11:57 PM
Milledge played only his senior season for the Mustangs.

LastingsMilledge85
11-14-2010, 03:48 PM
Milledge played only his senior season for the Mustangs.

Which makes this whole number thing more intriguing. I can't imagine Locker Room would have an illegitimate jersey.

WadeInBmore
11-14-2010, 04:06 PM
Perhaps this was a summer league jersey for a team that he played for during his high school years? I've seen JJ Hardy items as such. Also, another idea is, since he only played one year with the "mustangs" that this could've been a fall ball jersey which would explain the number change.

Lastings even signed it and inscribed it...so we can atleast rule out the obvious, which I think is happening with this post. I wonder if CordovaCollector ever had that issue when she was collecting Marty Cordova items.

Good luck dude. With the inscription thought AND lockerroom behind it, I would find it hard to believe that its not genuine.

wade

LastingsMilledge85
11-14-2010, 05:01 PM
Wade, thanks and you do make some good points. It definitely looks of a "lesser quality" than the jersey he is seen wearing so it could be a fall league jersey or something like that. It depends on what that high school's off-season program is. If that was the case though, do you think it would lessen the value of the jersey, sentimentally?

perlman9
11-14-2010, 05:31 PM
I have also seen where players sign jerseys from the year they played but not their jersey. Just a thought as I am sure others have seen players sign game worn helmets not theirs, so maybe this was a similar case where he signed a game worn jersey from that year, but not his game worn jersey? Just a thought

LastingsMilledge85
11-14-2010, 06:38 PM
I have also seen where players sign jerseys from the year they played but not their jersey. Just a thought as I am sure others have seen players sign game worn helmets not theirs, so maybe this was a similar case where he signed a game worn jersey from that year, but not his game worn jersey? Just a thought

That has been done with Milledge before, but with helmets. I don't know why he would inscribe #27 though if he didn't wear it and the description also reads that Lastings wore the jersey, not just game worn jersey. Locker room has a USA Milledge signed game used helmet, but it doesn't state that he wore it just that it was worn.

LWMM
11-14-2010, 07:16 PM
That has been done with Milledge before, but with helmets. I don't know why he would inscribe #27 though if he didn't wear it and the description also reads that Lastings wore the jersey, not just game worn jersey. Locker room has a USA Milledge signed game used helmet, but it doesn't state that he wore it just that it was worn.

Have you tried asking LRM? They might have an idea, or be able to get in contat with Milledge or his agent.

LastingsMilledge85
11-14-2010, 07:32 PM
Have you tried asking LRM? They might have an idea, or be able to get in contat with Milledge or his agent.

No, but LRM is impossible to contact unless you are inquiring about making a purchase.

LWMM
11-14-2010, 10:44 PM
No, but LRM is impossible to contact unless you are inquiring about making a purchase.

Well from this thread, it does sound as if you're inquiring about making a purchase, just that you need to know when the jersey was used before purchasing it; I assume that is how it would be read by LRM, too. The worst that can happen is that, after spending three minutes typing out an email, you don't get a reply back.

LastingsMilledge85
11-14-2010, 11:10 PM
Well from this thread, it does sound as if you're inquiring about making a purchase, just that you need to know when the jersey was used before purchasing it; I assume that is how it would be read by LRM, too. The worst that can happen is that, after spending three minutes typing out an email, you don't get a reply back.

I did end up asking about the jersey, so I will see what they say.

Vintagedeputy
11-15-2010, 12:44 PM
Milledge wore #27 for St. Lucie, so maybe 27 is an old number for him and he wore it for a time with the Mustangs.

http://www.thebaseballcube.com/images/cards/37670.jpg

LastingsMilledge85
11-15-2010, 01:20 PM
Locker Room told me that he gave them the jersey and that the jersey was used on the road. Still doesn't clarify the number varying issue, but still gives good points. Figure too that when Lastings was there, 2003, it still was a relatively new high school at the time so maybe the program was still in its early stages?

cliffjmp33
11-15-2010, 01:37 PM
Any chance it was a "blood jersey"? I know high school and colleges have to carry an alternate jersey in case someone's becomes so engulfed in blood it is deemed unwearable during a game.

Just a thought.