PDA

View Full Version : Jones-Drew helmet at Grey Flannel

perlman9
11-12-2010, 03:35 PM
I was looking at the Maurice Jones-Drew helmet at Grey Flannel and it appears to have the snap chin strap on the sides where his helmets appear to have the strap screwed in. I have another players' helmet from that year with the chin strap still screwed in. Is that something that the team would swap to a snap or a legitimate concern about the helmet? Thanks!

Texans
11-12-2010, 08:30 PM
Would that helmet be the one he wore in the first game of the season because of the Gene Upshaw sticker?

Jojo

jhunt28
11-12-2010, 08:42 PM
Actually teams didn't wear the "GU" helmet decal until week 2 of the 2008 season. The patches on the jersey were replaced by decals on the helmet (except for the Raiders, who wore the jersey patch all year). That Jones-Drew helmet has a very distinctively shaped warning decal on the rear of the helmet which is unique to the Jags. Not saying it's good or bad, but might be something to help you match it.

perlman9
11-12-2010, 10:07 PM
Yea, I thought it looked like a good Jags helmet, but the high snap versus the screw that he wears is what has me thinking twice, but maybe upon remooval of the screw they just popped a snap in its place?