PDA

View Full Version : Boomer ESIASON ROOKIE JERSEY

sungod661
11-12-2010, 12:04 AM
HI guys , i need some help i bought this http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/Auction_Item.asp?Auction_ID=59417 from American Memorabilia. When i received the jersey i noticed there was little use on the numbers (washings) The other thing i dont get is how they relate this to his rookie season?

should i return this what are your thought obviously the jersey is bengals jersey from the era but it is very difficult to pin it down.

any opinions

CollectGU
11-12-2010, 09:42 AM
I think the jersey looks good, size is right, the Russell tag is an 84-88 (bengals changed to Champion in 89 and 90 I think), and the koch sporting label is there. Not sure how you relate it to his rookie season as opposed to circa 84-88, perhaps someone else can. If you can't prove it's a rookie season jersey, I think it diminshes the value. Are you a Boomer Esiason or a Bengals collector?

Dave

sungod661
11-12-2010, 01:55 PM
i mostly collect hockey jerseys but i have been a big fan of the bengals since 84 so i have amassed some ncie bengals GW jerseys munoz, montoya, brooks, esisason and some more recent players. what got me a little nervous on the esiason was the reference to his rookie jersey which i cant in any way nail down.