PDA

View Full Version : Heading to Cleveland for the weekend...

Copa
11-10-2010, 10:54 AM
I'm heading to Cleveland for the weekend to catch the Browns/Jets game...probably going to arrive earlier in the day on Saturday...I know the Lake Erie Monsters are playing at 1 p.m., but besides that, what else is there to do around town? What bars should I check out that night? My hotel is right downtown, and I'd prefer to not drive too far (unless there is a live sporting event or something going on within driving distance)...I appreciate any tips given! Thanks!

earlywynnfan
11-10-2010, 06:13 PM
If you're in a bar kind of mood, the winking lizard is right downtown and pretty nice (it's like a block from where the Cavs and Tribe play). If you are looking a little more upscale, I really recommend Pickwick and Frolic. It has a very nice restaurant, a world-class martini bar, and full-blown comedy club. Across the street is the House of Blues, plus there are other cool places on that tiny street.

The trendy 20-something bars are on the near west side, little niche indie places. I'm too old for those, so I can't be of much help.

If you haven't seen the Rock HOF, it's definitely worth it once. It and the science museum are right in a row with the Browns stadium. For a quick cab ride, there is University Circle, which has any typical museum: art, history, and even a cool antique car museum (my fave place in Cleveland.)

earlywynnfan
11-10-2010, 06:15 PM
Also, make sure you dress warm for the Browns, it's right on the lake and usually very windy.

Ken
earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

sox83cubs84
11-10-2010, 08:31 PM
Tower City (downtown) has all sorts of shopping and a movie multiplex to check out. The last movie I paid to see (don't ask me why unless you want conservative political commentary as a response) was shown there...the first Fantastic Four movie.

Dave Miedema

legaleagle92481
11-10-2010, 10:32 PM
The Pro Football HOF is not that far of a drive and there is a big amusement park in Sandusky which also is not that far. I don't know exact distances.

earlywynnfan
11-11-2010, 07:59 AM
The Pro Football HOF is not that far of a drive and there is a big amusement park in Sandusky which also is not that far. I don't know exact distances.

each of those is a good hour fifteen/hour and a half away. I don't think the amusement park (Cedar Point) is open now, you'd have to look.

Ken

Copa
11-11-2010, 11:26 AM
Thanks for the ideas! Keep them coming!!

I've been to the Winking Lizard (hottest wings I've ever eaten!) and plan on hitting that up while we're there...we aren't really clubbers, but any spots that the ladies tend to hang out at?? Also, the last time I was in Cleveland, it seemed like the city shut down around 8...granted, it was a week day and the Tribe was out of town, but I'm wondering if it's like that all the time. Again, thanks for the info!