PDA

View Full Version : Morneau jersey on ebay...

justinbittner220
11-07-2010, 12:10 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Justin-Morneau-Minnesota-Twins-Signed-GAME-USED-Jersey-/220693325924?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item336258e864

I've contacted the seller pertaining to a team loa and I've received the answer, "This jersey is direct from a team upper level executive. It was hanging in his office."

What opinions do you guys have on this jersey?

trsent
11-07-2010, 01:35 PM
eBay offers free pictures, why would the seller just put one picture with this listing? I would post at least five pictures, including close ups of the autograph and any tags.

justinbittner220
11-07-2010, 02:22 PM
I know. This is the third of fourth time that it has been listed too. If there was any sort of provenance, I'd buy it now, but I'm skeptical.

Lokee
11-07-2010, 02:32 PM
agreed about the picture thing. You would "pimp" this jersey with pictures and what not.

mbrieve
11-07-2010, 09:13 PM
I'm pretty sure that the seller is a member on this board. I think I remember this jersey originally being offered by someone on the Pat Neshek collecting community forum. I hope this helps.

justinbittner220
11-08-2010, 03:38 PM
I, personally, haven't seen this jersey for sale on here. I'd just like some insight on tags, size, etc. That way I could ask the guu community for their honest opinion on the jersey and auto.

mbrieve
11-08-2010, 07:14 PM
I, personally, haven't seen this jersey for sale on here. I'd just like some insight on tags, size, etc. That way I could ask the guu community for their honest opinion on the jersey and auto.
I've never seen the jersey for sale on here, but the Cabrera and Ordonez bats he is currently selling on eBay were previously offered in the Collector to Collector section.

Again, I know nothing about the jersey other than I believe the seller originally purchased it from someone on Pat Neshek's board.

nomarmauerfan
11-08-2010, 07:20 PM
This jersey has been discussed on here. I own the road jersey from Justin's year at QC. The problem I had with this jersey (and I was offered it before the seller purchased/traded for it), was that it's missing a patch from the sleeve. The home jerseys had a patch on the sleeve (visible from photos on Justin's baseball card from that year). I did a TON of research on mine and Justin confirmed that the road jersey is legit. However, I could not find photo evidence of a home jersey without the patch. I hope this helps.

Mike

justinbittner220
11-11-2010, 06:53 PM
nomarmauerfan,
Ya, it does help. I honestly don't have any interest anymore just going by the responses that the seller has given me and no one has said anything good about this one.

Do you think that the sleeve patch has something to do with the jersey being worn by more than one player for more than a year or two?

sox83cubs84
11-11-2010, 07:10 PM
That's a distinct possibility, as it may have been a commemorative or memoriam patch. A slimmer (but extant) possibility is that the patches were removed by the team to be added to a new style of jerseys. That's what happened with the Winston-Salem Warthogs. The jerseys they wore from 1997-2000 had a logo patch on the left sleeves that the team removed and added to the new style that was introduced in 2001.

Dave Miedema

nomarmauerfan
11-12-2010, 12:47 PM
Great question. I wondered the same thing. So, I asked the original seller if there were any signs of a patch being on. The answer was "no". He also sent an up-close pic showing such. Also, if I remember correctly, QC used a different brand of jerseys the next year (although I am not 100 percent certain of that).

thestork7
11-13-2010, 06:54 PM
Hey guys,

I'm the seller with the Morneau listing. It has been discussed on here a couple times...but we're weren't able to come to a decision as to whether or not it was the real deal. The mystery still revolves around that patch. The story I was told was that they had several jerseys displayed in the front office (Mauer, Santana, Morneau) from their times in Quad Cities. I purchased it when the team was changing affiliations and understandably, twins jerseys would no longer be suitable in their office. So I'm not real sure about it either, to be honest. I still thought it was a cool piece, and bought it...just don't have room for it anymore since I'm in college (which is why I'm moving a lot of my bats, as well).

Hope this helps,
-Jeff

thestork7
11-13-2010, 06:57 PM
Oh, and regarding the pictures. I upload through photobucket to ebay...and it hasn't been giving me options to add more than one. I can add several if I do it directly off my computer to ebay..but it always has issues uploading for me. Not sure why. If anyone's interested in other pictures of it, I have several. They are probably posted on the board somewhere.. or you can just email me: baseballnuta17@aol.com

-J