PDA

View Full Version : Zenyatta 19-1-0

trsent
11-06-2010, 06:07 PM
Has everyone caught their breath, yet?

That was really amazing to watch.

As Pat Foley says after a Chicago Blackhawks loss: "We hope you enjoyed the game, despite the outcome".

Rob L
11-07-2010, 12:45 AM
She is still the best. A late attack was the difference. If you watch the finish line in slow motion, she passed Blame less than two strides later. Arguably the best horse ever but definitely the best mare ever!!

trsent
11-07-2010, 01:55 AM
She is still the best. A late attack was the difference. If you watch the finish line in slow motion, she passed Blame less than two strides later. Arguably the best horse ever but definitely the best mare ever!!

I know she was about the pass the horse, but just like in any sport, all that matters at the end of the day is she finished second. Very sad, as a win there would have put her in the immortal rankings.

kudu
11-07-2010, 04:22 AM
Heartbreak is an understatement. She is still one of the greatest, especially since she drinks Guinness :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_JheDOcgQI

Rob L
11-08-2010, 06:52 PM
Heartbreak is an understatement. She is still one of the greatest, especially since she drinks Guinness :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_JheDOcgQI

The 60 Minute piece was great. With the idiotic statements from Seth Hancock, the co-owner of Blame, following the victory, many are saying that Zenyatta's legend may be bigger due to this loss by a nose. Interesting.

kudu
11-09-2010, 12:42 AM
I heard her "actual" distance was about two lengths further than Blame's. Plus, Churchill is Blame's home track, so I think Zenyatta was the best horse in that race, even though the results showed different.

trsent
11-09-2010, 03:11 AM
I heard her "actual" distance was about two lengths further than Blame's. Plus, Churchill is Blame's home track, so I think Zenyatta was the best horse in that race, even though the results showed different.

I'm a big fan of Zenyatta's, but I have also bet horses for 25 years now. No one remembers anything but the results. You don't get paid for a "Win" tickets because the horse had a disadvantage of post or because one horse ran on it's home track.

Sorry, it finished 2nd, and they aren't going to pay those with losing winning tickets on Zenyatta because there are flaws in the system. It is luck of the draw and the owner's decisions. Get over it, please.

"Place" is what happened. Just the end of a great story.

kudu
11-09-2010, 03:40 AM
I'm a big fan of Zenyatta's, but I have also bet horses for 25 years now. No one remembers anything but the results. You don't get paid for a "Win" tickets because the horse had a disadvantage of post or because one horse ran on it's home track.

Sorry, it finished 2nd, and they aren't going to pay those with losing winning tickets on Zenyatta because there are flaws in the system. It is luck of the draw and the owner's decisions. Get over it, please.

"Place" is what happened. Just the end of a great story.

OK let me try this again,....IN MY OPINION... Zenyatta was the best horse in the race. I realize she was not the winner, I am not a moron.

Lets say Pujols wins the MVP this year. He may have won, but IN MY OPINION, Votto was the best player.

And the story is not over yet, because she has not officially retired.

trsent
11-09-2010, 06:39 AM
OK let me try this again,....IN MY OPINION... Zenyatta was the best horse in the race. I realize she was not the winner, I am not a moron.

Lets say Pujols wins the MVP this year. He may have won, but IN MY OPINION, Votto was the best player.

And the story is not over yet, because she has not officially retired.

I know, I know. But in a few years, you'll forget about her and move on.

I'm personally very upset, because to have retired 20-0 would have been an amazing record.

I'll never forget Personal Ensign, who had a couple of great battles with Kentucky Derby winner Winning Colors. Retired with a perfect 13 win record in 13 races. Put down earlier this year, that was quite the horse that made quite the impact. Zenyatta is in the same class, just too bad she won't finish absolutely perfect.

Rob L
11-09-2010, 09:36 PM

I'm personally very upset, because to have retired 20-0 would have been an amazing record.

I'll never forget Personal Ensign, who had a couple of great battles with Kentucky Derby winner Winning Colors. Retired with a perfect 13 win record in 13 races. Put down earlier this year, that was quite the horse that made quite the impact. Zenyatta is in the same class, just too bad she won't finish absolutely perfect.

No, she will not be forgotten. To think so is ignorant. And the 19-0 is a record (Peppers Pride was never a Grade I racer). But I agree, 20-0 does have a nice ring to it!

kudu
11-09-2010, 10:04 PM

I love horse racing, so I dont think I will forget Zenyatta, ever. Not sure why your being so condescending.

LOL, Zenyatta and Personal Ensign in the same class? Far from it. Zenyatta's impact is light years ahead of Personal Ensign, both on and off the track.

trsent
11-10-2010, 01:27 AM
No, she will not be forgotten. To think so is ignorant. And the 19-0 is a record (Peppers Pride was never a Grade I racer). But I agree, 20-0 does have a nice ring to it!

Ok, in 30-40 years look this thread up and see if there is a movie made about her.

Ignorant? That is a silly word.