PDA

View Full Version : San Fran World Champions

Fnazxc0114
11-01-2010, 09:34 PM
Man those guys played their butts off, and showed the world that being better on paper doesnt mean crap in a best of 7 series.

AthleticsFan
11-01-2010, 09:38 PM
Congratulations to the 2010 Wolrd Series Champion San Francisco Giants...from an Oakland A's fan! The Giants played like a team and really deserved this championship. ;)

yankees506
11-01-2010, 09:45 PM
I was a young boy when the yanks lost in 01 and still cannot watch game 7, congrats Giants and my sympathy to the Ranger fans

LastingsMilledge85
11-01-2010, 09:48 PM
I was a young boy when the yanks lost in 01 and still cannot watch game 7, congrats Giants and my sympathy to the Ranger fans

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t48brs4QRjY

yankees506
11-01-2010, 09:50 PM
no tears here, cheers! :D

LastingsMilledge85
11-01-2010, 09:56 PM
no tears here, cheers! :D

Hopefully ;) some guys here though built the Rangers up so much it became nauseating. Anyway, Mets predicted to be in the WS next year again :D. Best part about being a Mets fan, we are the WS champs on paper before every season.

dirtyla2000
11-01-2010, 09:57 PM
Man those guys played their butts off, and showed the world that being better on paper doesnt mean crap in a best of 7 series.
The Rangers never had a chance with Bush cheering them on!

AthleticsFan
11-01-2010, 09:58 PM

Let's keep the politics out of this.

LastingsMilledge85
11-01-2010, 09:59 PM

I think Nolan Ryan concurs
http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2010/10/17/alg_bush_ryan_yankees.jpg

schubert1970
11-01-2010, 10:04 PM

Sour grapes again......better on paper???? Bullshit. The Giants pitching is better on paper and pitching wins.

Dewey2007
11-01-2010, 10:10 PM
The Giants pitching is better on paper and pitching wins.

Exactly. The old axiom held true. Good pitching always beats good hitting.

As an A's fan I'm glad the Giants finally joined the World Series party ;)

First major championship in the Bay Area in a long time so way to go Giants!

sox83cubs84
11-01-2010, 10:32 PM

I guess that means you're not going to be in a good mood come Wednesday morning.

Dave Miedema

cliffjmp33
11-01-2010, 10:37 PM
Congrats to all the Giants fans on here. Was weird to watch today and ask my father (just a general fan) what it was like to watch the Giants last win a World Series....when he was 9!

Fnazxc0114
11-01-2010, 10:49 PM
Normally there would be no point in commenting on this type of crap. It was a pretty proud moment watching two former presidents throw out the first pitch. It was also pretty cool to see that many military members holding the huge flag out in center field. During god bless america they showed the former first families sitting in the owners box and it brought one of the loudest cheers of the night. Of course our team was busy stinking it up. Honostly im even surprised that Nancy Pelosi lets them even sing that song in San Fran.

Fnazxc0114
11-01-2010, 10:58 PM
Theres no sour grapes at all shubert im proud of my team getting to the WS. For a team that couldnt add payroll from the beginning of the season to the ownership issues etc they made me proud. They beat good rotations throught the playoffs just like the giants did. The rangers hitters just choked, and the giants hitters hit better than they ever will again. Either way the giants proved they are the best team in baseball, and like i said in my first post they proved throughout the entire playoffs that the game is played on the field and not on paper.

Sour grapes again......better on paper???? Bullshit. The Giants pitching is better on paper and pitching wins.

legaleagle92481
11-01-2010, 11:36 PM
Wow. Edgar Renteria as a rookie scores series winning run in 97 Series for the Marlins. Now in his pobable last game he hits series winning homer. What a way to bookend an underrated career.

Fnazxc0114
11-01-2010, 11:45 PM
He also hit a homer earlier in the series. Not bad for a guy who only had 3 all year.

dirtyla2000
11-02-2010, 12:19 AM
Normally there would be no point in commenting on this type of crap. It was a pretty proud moment watching two former presidents throw out the first pitch. It was also pretty cool to see that many military members holding the huge flag out in center field. During god bless america they showed the former first families sitting in the owners box and it brought one of the loudest cheers of the night. Of course our team was busy stinking it up. Honostly im even surprised that Nancy Pelosi lets them even sing that song in San Fran.
You are right! How could they win with 2 Bushs rooting them on!:D

Fnazxc0114
11-02-2010, 01:29 AM
They got a standing ovation. I wonder why the current president didnt throw out the first pitch? He probably didnt want to get booed off the field.

sox83cubs84
11-02-2010, 03:14 AM
They got a standing ovation. I wonder why the current president didnt throw out the first pitch? He probably didnt want to get booed off the field.

Amen to that!

Dave Miedema

coxfan
11-02-2010, 07:32 AM
Although I'm a Rangers' fan ( family in the area) and I went to Game three, I congratulate Giants' fans. Baseball has a lot to learn about the concept of parity among teams and the value of spreading the joy around various cities. Long-term dynasties are not good in any sport. The Giants hadn't won since 1954, so their fans deserve this.

It was also great to see the tremendous baseball enthusiasm, with new baseball fans being formed in Dallas-Fort Worth, an area that previously only loved the Cowboys. When my daughter first moved there in 2006. the largest mall had only Cowboys and Longhorns stuff; I couldn't find a single Rangers' item. This year, the same mall was filled with Rangers' stuff, and people were wearing Rangers' jerseys and caps all over town. That's good for baseball.

Bondsgloves
11-02-2010, 10:03 AM
Theres no sour grapes at all shubert im proud of my team getting to the WS. For a team that couldnt add payroll from the beginning of the season to the ownership issues etc they made me proud. They beat good rotations throught the playoffs just like the giants did. The rangers hitters just choked, and the giants hitters hit better than they ever will again. Either way the giants proved they are the best team in baseball, and like i said in my first post they proved throughout the entire playoffs that the game is played on the field and not on paper.

The rangers hitters did not choke! The giants pitchers dominated them and were that much better. Same B.S. was said with the Phillies. The Braves, Phillies, and rangers were dominated by good pitching.. Lincecum beat Lee twice, give him a little credit please.. The giants were a much better TEAM!

LastingsMilledge85
11-02-2010, 11:17 AM
The rangers hitters did not choke! The giants pitchers dominated them and were that much better. Same B.S. was said with the Phillies. The Braves, Phillies, and rangers were dominated by good pitching.. Lincecum beat Lee twice, give him a little credit please.. The giants were a much better TEAM!

Only weak link was Sanchez who is not a big game pitcher other than that they really just executed, got to give a lot of credit to Bumgarner along with the rest of the pitching staff.

schubert1970
11-02-2010, 01:35 PM

AMEN! How could all three teams be slumping at the same time. I spoke Harold Reynolds after game one and he still wasn't convinced the Giants had good enough pitching. It shows the ignorance of the nation media. By the way Harold is a cool cat!