PDA

View Full Version : Why are you a fan?

vdsporty25
10-29-2010, 10:22 AM
I had an interesting conversation with a customer while I was at work today and I thought I would ask this question to the forum. Why are you a fan of a particular team or player? Did you grow up liking them? Was it passed down by your parents? Was it because they were the only team on TV?

The guy I talked to was a die hard Brewers fan while he grew up in Ohio. He loved the brew crew with Yount and Molitor and that was his team even though he lived deep in Reds country which I found fascinating. I personally was always a fan of certain players that I got to see play during the saturday games of the week. Frank Thomas, Ken Griffey Jr, Derek Jeter, Mo Vaughn and on and on and on....but I was always fasinated with Fenway and the Sox. Mostly beacause I was tired of seeing the Yankees win the World Series which seemed like every year! This is what created my admiration for their rival! Once I was able to move out of my parents house and got the MLB Package I have been hooked to the Sox ever since even though I live in Michigan....which is mainly Tigers, Cubs and Whitesox country

Interested to hear some feed back...

legaleagle92481
10-30-2010, 10:35 AM
Entertainment. It is much more compelling than most concerts, movies, etc. and much cheaper also you can just turn on the TV and watch. Plus it gives us guys something to talk about.

Fnazxc0114
10-30-2010, 03:32 PM
As a kid growing up baseball was an affordable game to go and see. The cowboys were horrible during my childhood, so i never realy got interested in them. The rangers were bad as well but we were still able to go to a couple of games a year. Living within an hour of where the cowboys play i have never been to a game. I dont realy plan on going to one unless the tickets were free.