PDA

View Full Version : Ebay user 910USMC

perlman9
10-26-2010, 08:13 PM
Just had an unfortunate transaction with 910USMC on ebay who has some Cowboys game worn jerseys for sale. He had a great 1994 Double Star Matt Vanderbeek for a great price of $110. I purchased it about 11am Eastern yesterday. I asked him also about his Dixon Edwards as I collect MSU guys. By the time I got the answer on the Edwards and then paid for the Vanderbeek, I received an email from the seller saying ebay messed up and sold the Vanderbeek jersey twice and I was the later buyer so was not able to get the jersey.

I asked for a refund and got it but then he started getting upset with me saying I opened an ebay or paypal case against him (which I didn't). So because he got me riled up then I thought let me check what happened. It turns out, the item was relisted 8 hours after I purchased it and was rebought within 90 seconds of relisting. It was clearly shown in his completed items section. Seemed obvious to me that someone offered more for the jersey, so he relisted and resold it as I am sure he could have gotten more than the $110. In any case, all his remaining auctions are asking for money order and just wanted to give folks a heads up that although he did return the money, it was under some shady circumstances and I even plainly said, just be honest and tell me what happened and he still claims someone bought it before me even though I purchased within an hour of listing. Not saying to stay away, but I would be cautious and am a bit bummed as I would not have minded the Edwards but don't want to spend my money with someone who is not honest with their dealings.

The other sign for me was he then told me he sold the jersey for less than he did to me even though the jersey was bought for the same price. Just was not honest from the word go, and unfortunate because he does have a few nice older pieces...

kudu
10-26-2010, 11:02 PM
Sorry to hear this. I would give them negative feedback and report their other listings to Ebay because it is against Ebay policy to ask for money orders in auctions.

trsent
10-27-2010, 12:54 AM
It is true, it is against eBay rules to list an item without PayPal and it is against eBay rules to list an item offering to accept money orders.

A seller has the right to accept money orders if a buyer asks, but the seller is not allowed to mention this in their listing.

perlman9
10-27-2010, 06:19 AM
Thanks for the heads up! The auction I won didn't mention money ordres, all the others do however. I will pass it along to ebay! Normally I wouldn't care as people trying to avoid all the fees, etc and I know I should let it drop just frustrates me as I was excited to add this to the MSU collection and now am leary of getting his other MSU jersey...