PDA

View Full Version : Jersey Help (Pro-code)

xmartyx
10-26-2010, 04:46 PM
Had a question about a jersey that I'm thinking about purchasing, so I figured I'd see if anyone with more knowledge could help. The seller states:
"Sewn inside the left seam, the washing tag with the all-important pro-code 0062 (retail jerseys feature 6200)."
Is this correct? Also, the jersey is not the right size (says that the team ordered the wrong size so this jersey was never worn). This is fine with me, just wanted to know also, if this happens a lot? Thanks for any help.

skier14
10-26-2010, 05:09 PM
Do you have more information?

I am a little bit suspicious.

xmartyx
10-26-2010, 05:14 PM
TAGGING: Sewn on the front left outer tail, the large Majestic tag with the small size 44 tag sewn below. Sewn inside the left seam, the washing tag with the all-important pro-code 0062 (retail jerseys feature 6200).
This jersey is being sold as unworn/team issued and is in the exact same 100% original condition as ordered by the Marlins and intended for Cabrera to wear for this TBTC game (it's our understanding that Cabrera required a larger size jersey and thus, the reason for this particular jersey not being worn).

sox83cubs84
10-26-2010, 05:48 PM
Had a question about a jersey that I'm thinking about purchasing, so I figured I'd see if anyone with more knowledge could help. The seller states:
"Sewn inside the left seam, the washing tag with the all-important pro-code 0062 (retail jerseys feature 6200)."
Is this correct? Also, the jersey is not the right size (says that the team ordered the wrong size so this jersey was never worn). This is fine with me, just wanted to know also, if this happens a lot? Thanks for any help.

Undersized jerseys ordered by the team do happen, although it is very unusual. I recall a legitimate dealer of the era that had a size 42 1993 Cubs home jersey of Sam-Me Sosa, including Sosa's number (21) in the collar strip tag. The jersey had no wear, and the sizing was, indeed, too small, as Sammy took 44/46 by then. The jersey, of course, had no wear, though the tagging was proper.

Dave Miedema

mbrieve
10-26-2010, 07:27 PM
I am familiar with the seller and jersey. I wouldn't be surprised if they ordered/prepared two different sizes for him as it was a vest style and they possibly didn't know if he would possibly need a smaller size due to the style/cut. I'm guessing it is just as described, issued/not used.