PDA

View Full Version : how many items in your collection have you been able to photo-match?

pungent
10-26-2010, 10:01 AM
for the rest that you haven't been able to photo-match, do you ever feel uncomfortable that the item might not possibly be legitimate even though they have Letters of Authencity, Letters of Opinion, etc.?

indyred
10-26-2010, 01:03 PM
you should talk to salmon!

A lot of stuff is very tough to photomatch. Why a photomatch is so sweet when you find one.

CampWest
10-26-2010, 01:26 PM
for the rest that you haven't been able to photo-match, do you ever feel uncomfortable that the item might not possibly be legitimate even though they have Letters of Authencity, Letters of Opinion, etc.?

Just a handful of photomatched items. I don't have an MLBTV account and I dont have enough time to sift through thousands of images.

Photo matching is difficult and odds are against finding one, especially for older stuff that is tougher to find material to look through, much less high enough quality or resolution. MLB Authenticated bats help because you can narrow down a bat's usage to just a couple of days to search for matches - even then there is no guarantee that there is distinguishing marks or photo evidence of such marks.

I only buy items I'm comfortable with matching player records, usage characteristics, or as a used by an unknown player (teammate borrowed bat). Its always great to know that a bat definitely was used in a game and not relegated solely to BP or spring or whatever. Photomatching is a bonus, I'm not worried about bats that I cannot photomatch definitively to a specific at bat.

I do steer away from high dollar items that cannot be style matched to a player's personal traits. I want a George Brett bat, but for $1500-2000, it better meet his traits or I will stay away, but I know that photomatching a Brett gamer is a one in a thousand proposition. I'm still going to get one eventually - knowing full well I'll not be able to photomatch it.

yankees506
10-26-2010, 02:30 PM
About 7, photo matching without mlb holos helping you out is a picasso-esque art

zookerman182
10-26-2010, 02:36 PM
I only have 1 photomatched item in my collection and its a Braun game used bat from about a month ago.

However i have been able to photomatch other bats that i then sold.

Looking back now i wish i had held on to those bats.

Photomatching really is tough. Dont let all the matches on here fool you. And dont feel bad if you get a bat and cant find a match. If the bat has all of the player traits then you have nothing to worry about.

Dach0sen0ne
10-26-2010, 04:25 PM
I have a few photo matched items, but I've help photomatch a bunch for other collectors. It's sometimes time consuming, but the reward is well worth it.

Fnazxc0114
10-26-2010, 04:30 PM
i dont realy worry about photomatching. I look for use characteristics on the bats. I have a few items ive been able to match, but i havent put much time into it.