PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye for now.......

JasonBanz
10-25-2010, 04:17 PM
Hey guys,
Just wanted to let you guys know I had to come to a very hard decision. I am selling my items to help pay off some debt. It's a tough thing to do, but I got to do what is right for my family. I will be placing my items in the classified section for only a short period of time, as I need to sell immediately. Thanks for everyone's help and I will be back in the game shortly!

Jason

LastingsMilledge85
10-25-2010, 06:00 PM
Hey guys,
Just wanted to let you guys know I had to come to a very hard decision. I am selling my items to help pay off some debt. It's a tough thing to do, but I got to do what is right for my family. I will be placing my items in the classified section for only a short period of time, as I need to sell immediately. Thanks for everyone's help and I will be back in the game shortly!

Jason

Best of luck to you Jason, your family and the Dolphins. ;)

JasonBanz
10-25-2010, 06:54 PM
Thank you! I will continue to visit this site. I will still be a part of it also. Just will not be as active as I have been in the past.

jobathenut
10-25-2010, 11:22 PM
Jason -I am so sorry to hear this.As i know it's tough to part with your collection you have been putting for years and have taken so much pride in it.But as you said you have to do what you have to for family.I wish you the best of luck in selling your items.And i wish you the best of luck in getting things back to a better situation for you and your family.

Rob L
10-25-2010, 11:43 PM
Jason, sorry to hear this, I know you took alot of pride in your collection. I can't wait too see how you return!!

JasonBanz
10-26-2010, 10:19 AM
Joba, Rob,
Thank you for the kind words. I cannot wait until I return. I have kept one item, which was a gift from my dad so I guess I am still in the hobby. Just not active. My wife nearly cried when I told her my decision and told me that once we get settled she wants me to dive right back into it(she's a great woman! :) ).

tigerdale
10-26-2010, 10:43 AM
Jason,
I wish you well, what a hard thing to do. I know thats a decision we all fear some day we may have to make. I hope its short term & you're back in no time. You made the right decision, we all have to provide & take care of our family first, or we couldn't enjoy this hobby any other way.

JasonBanz
10-26-2010, 11:42 AM
Thank you Dale! You are right. I know I can get a good amount for my jerseys. I truly didn't enjoy seeing them, knowing that I could use that money to better my family!

ChrisCavalier
10-26-2010, 11:55 AM
Jason,
I wish you well, what a hard thing to do. I know thats a decision we all fear some day we may have to make. I hope its short term & you're back in no time. You made the right decision, we all have to provide & take care of our family first, or we couldn't enjoy this hobby any other way.
I agree with Dale. I know that must be a difficult thing to do but I respect you for putting your family first.

I wish you well.

Sincerely,
Chris

JasonBanz
10-26-2010, 12:21 PM
Thank you Chris!

sox83cubs84
10-26-2010, 12:28 PM
Jason:

You may be saddened by having to sell your collection, but there are two plusses here...not just being a man and putting the family first, but also having an understanding spouse who wants you to get back into the hobby once your current difficulties have passed. I wish MY wife was that supportive of my collecting.

Dave Miedema

JasonBanz
10-26-2010, 12:57 PM
Thank Dave for pointing that out. My wife has always been supportive and never has said anything bad about the hobby. Infact she finds it pretty interesting!

jobathenut
10-27-2010, 11:22 PM
Thats great to hear that you kept the gloves.I was wodnering that.And even though i am also selling my collection for the same reason you are.If i saw you selling those gloves i was going to buy them and give them back to you.And i am not just saying that.As you know i lost my dad as me and you even have our onw thread about dads.And its very important to hang onto those gloves.Like i said even though for the right price i would sell anything of my collection.There are some items that my dad gave me that have no price on them.So good for you for keeping them.My prayers are with you my friend....
Joba, Rob,
Thank you for the kind words. I cannot wait until I return. I have kept one item, which was a gift from my dad so I guess I am still in the hobby. Just not active. My wife nearly cried when I told her my decision and told me that once we get settled she wants me to dive right back into it(she's a great woman! :) ).

JasonBanz
10-28-2010, 10:31 AM
Joba,
Thank you very much. That has got to be one of the kindest things anyone has ever said to me. I knew I could not get rid of those, as I would kick myself if I ever considered it. Good luck to you also in selling your items. My prayers go out to you as well my friend!

jobathenut
10-28-2010, 10:45 PM
JASON-No need to thank me as its been my pleasure to get to know you on this forum.I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone.I am right there with you and i am here for you my friend.Hang in there....
Joba,
Thank you very much. That has got to be one of the kindest things anyone has ever said to me. I knew I could not get rid of those, as I would kick myself if I ever considered it. Good luck to you also in selling your items. My prayers go out to you as well my friend!

JasonBanz
10-29-2010, 09:49 PM
Joba,
It has been great to get to know you on this forum as well! I appreciate your support! I am here for you as well my friend! Take care!