PDA

View Full Version : How much value does a Broken In Half & Repaired Bat Lose?

camarokids
10-24-2010, 09:14 PM
I just received a bat yesterday (opened it today) and it was repaired. This was not mentioned in the auction. I am waiting for the seller to respond. I either want to return for a complete refund or partial.....

It is a Ben Zobrist 2009 bat signed.....Ben's bats sell for pretty good money when they come up for sale. Which is not too often.......

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320602064773&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

What are your thoughts on the loss of value due to the fact the bat was broke in half and glued back together?

stlbats
10-24-2010, 09:39 PM
In my opinion, they dont lose much value, IF the repair is very nice and professionally done, no pieces are missing, ect. I think as long as it goes back nicely, no problem.

I would guess that most people would knock some off the value for this though and I do think it should be disclosed by the seller when up for sale. Some people take value off for cracks too, which I prefer a bat to be cracked myself.

Thanks
Jason

camarokids
10-24-2010, 09:58 PM
Just to clarify. This is broken in half bat and glued back together! Not just a repaired crack.

There is a small piece missing and five or six black dot marks on one side by the repair.....

Part of the Schutt Sports Uniform Number Sticker is missing from the break.

yankees506
10-24-2010, 10:16 PM
IMO bats dont lose value unless they are missing wood, granted in your situation the break should have been disclosed, the price you paid is/was fair.

Fnazxc0114
10-24-2010, 10:29 PM
i dont know if it lose value but id pay a premium for a uncracked bat, and if it wasnt listed as such on ebay with crappy pictures as well, id ask for a refund. Especially if i paid more for it since i thought it was uncracked.

camarokids
10-24-2010, 10:34 PM
i dont know if it lose value but id pay a premium for a uncracked bat, and if it wasnt listed as such on ebay with crappy pictures as well, id ask for a refund. Especially if i paid more for it since i thought it was uncracked.

I paid good money for what I thought was a nice Ben Zobrist gamer.I knew it was cracked, which I am ok with a cracked bat.

It was not disclosed as being broke in two pieces and glued back together.

That I have a problem with.

LastingsMilledge85
10-24-2010, 10:42 PM
I paid good money for what I thought was a nice Ben Zobrist gamer.I knew it was cracked, which I am ok with a cracked bat.

It was not disclosed as being broke in two pieces and glued back together.

That I have a problem with.

If you look closely at the picture of the bat in the listing, you can slightly see that some things don't match up. Yeah, I had the aid of knowing before hand that it was glued back together, but it can be slightly seen.

camarokids
10-24-2010, 10:51 PM
If you look closely at the picture of the bat in the listing, you can slightly see that some things don't match up. Yeah, I had the aid of knowing before hand that it was glued back together, but it can be slightly seen.

Not knowing it was repaired and looking at the auction pictures. I just thought it was a minor crack.

What I would like to know is this. How much of as refund should I ask for?

LastingsMilledge85
10-24-2010, 11:02 PM
Not knowing it was repaired and looking at the auction pictures. I just thought it was a minor crack.

What I would like to know is this. How much of as refund should I ask for?

Well, since that the repair was not mentioned in the auction then you could ask for a full refund and see where the seller goes from there. Depending on the seller, you may not get all your money back, but you could get some. Worst case scenario, if they don't offer any money back then you could either just keep it or sell it and hope to make something back. It's still not a bad bat, but you were, in a sense, a victim of false advertisement.

cubbs1232
10-25-2010, 11:25 AM
the bat was mine and it was my fault for not seeing the clean break as you can see in the photos it was pretty well put back together. i have offered a full refund and/or trade. i dont want people thinking this was done on purpose.

eisenreich8
10-25-2010, 11:44 AM
the bat was mine and it was my fault for not seeing the clean break as you can see in the photos it was pretty well put back together. i have offered a full refund and/or trade. i dont want people thinking this was done on purpose.

A rare and honorable gesture on cubbs1232's part. Well done.

yankees506
10-25-2010, 12:05 PM
A rare and honorable gesture on cubbs1232's part. Well done.

+1

camarokids
10-25-2010, 12:19 PM

This is true, Korey is working with me to make things right.:)

camarokids
10-25-2010, 03:23 PM
Korey is going to send me another bat to keep on top of the Zobrist to make up for the difference.

Thanks Korey!

camarokids
11-01-2010, 06:38 PM
Korey did send me another bat to make things right. Which I appreciate.

However the bat he sent was repaired as well.

yankees506
11-01-2010, 07:02 PM
Your complaining?

camarokids
11-01-2010, 07:26 PM
Your complaining?

I was just updating the situation.

I avoid buying repaired bats cause most are not repaired very well. Plus it is not in the state the bat left the field in.

In a way I should be complaining. Cause I said I would take the bat he sent me if it was NOT repaired.

Which the question I asked the seller was never answered so I assumed it was not repaired.

After receiving the Shoppach bat, I never bothered to address the issue of it being repaired as well.

yankees506
11-01-2010, 07:30 PM
I just think when someone acts in a stand up manner he should be commended, you came off as if your still unhappy, two bats for the price of one is all that should matter. I'm not calling you out or anything but you could have returned the zobrist bat if it really made you that unhappy, to each his own, id say you got a great deal

camarokids
11-01-2010, 07:35 PM
I just think when someone acts in a stand up manner he should be commended, you came off as if your still unhappy, two bats for the price of one is all that should matter. I'm not calling you out or anything but you could have returned the zobrist bat if it really made you that unhappy, to each his own, id say you got a great deal

I am not unhappy. I did not want to return the Zobrist bat, cause then I would be out of the return postage fee.

I think the seller did a good thing by sending me another bat. So all is good.

cubbs1232
11-02-2010, 04:35 AM
Wow I just returned from vacation to see you're still complaing abou the bats I'm not sure how many people would've gone thru what I went thru to make it right. I offered you a FULL refund but you asked to see the shoppach bat. I sent over 10 pics of the crack. You got a hell. Of a deal on both of those bats so either send them back or quit complaining. I don't want to sound like dbag but I've gone far and beyond to make this right and I'm sure everyone else would agree.
Sorry for the rant
Korey

camarokids
11-02-2010, 10:25 PM
Wow I just returned from vacation to see you're still complaing abou the bats I'm not sure how many people would've gone thru what I went thru to make it right. I offered you a FULL refund but you asked to see the shoppach bat. I sent over 10 pics of the crack. You got a hell. Of a deal on both of those bats so either send them back or quit complaining. I don't want to sound like dbag but I've gone far and beyond to make this right and I'm sure everyone else would agree.
Sorry for the rant
Korey

What exactly did you go through? You sent another bat in the mail, that's all.

I got close to what I paid for, not a hell of a deal.

I am not complaining, just want to let the truth be known. For I am being made out by some to be a complainer.

It is very hard if not impossible to see the repair in a pic. I did ask if the Shoppach was repaired and did not get an answer.

I just wanted it to be known that the second bat sent was repaired as well. After you posted that the Zobrist being repaired was not done on purpose that's all. Well the Shoppach was repaired, was that NOT on purpose too.

Above you say you sent me 10 pics so I should have been able to see the repair? right?

Below, you say how it was your fault for not seeing a repair on a clean break of a bat you had in front of your person.

The whole point here is you sold two bats and did not disclose the fact that the bats are repaired.