PDA

View Full Version : Rangers are World Series Bound!

camarokids
10-22-2010, 10:14 PM
Yeah!!!

3arod13
10-22-2010, 10:24 PM
Congrats to the Rangers! I'm a long time, die hard Yankee fan, and the Rnagers out played the Yankees the entire series!

Well done! Now represent the American League and win it all!

FastLane80
10-22-2010, 10:37 PM
Fun team to watch and they played with heart all through the series. Good job and good luck!! I'm not too fond of the Giants or the Phillies so go Texas!! :D

Fnazxc0114
10-22-2010, 10:48 PM
nolan says thank you to everybody
http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss223/tx308hunter/33le4p3.gif

camarokids
10-22-2010, 10:56 PM
Congrats to the Rangers! I'm a long time, die hard Yankee fan, and the Rnagers out played the Yankees the entire series!

Well done! Now represent the American League and win it all!

What a classy comment Tony!

xpress34
10-22-2010, 10:57 PM
Congrats Rangers!!! MANY Monkeys off your backs:

1st Post Season Series WIN

1st Post Season win at Home

1st Post Season Series Victory over The Yankees

1st Trip to the World Series!!!

And (not trying to start any fires here) - just like the Rockies in 2007 Won the NL Crown with FORMER Rockie Eric Byrnes making the last out, The Rangers win the 2010 AL Crown with FORMER Ranger A-Rod making the last out!

Now go beat the Phillies / Giants!

- Smitty

vdsporty25
10-22-2010, 11:05 PM
American League all the way!!! The Rangers played with grit and determination and I LOVE IT!!! From a Red Sox fan I am proud to have this group represent the AL!!! GO RANGERS!!!!:D

ferro39
10-22-2010, 11:25 PM
well deserved.

now, anyone but philly!

Fnazxc0114
10-22-2010, 11:27 PM
I think im going to have to start taking BP meds after this run so far. Im glad ill get to put my ws tickets to use. Go Rangers.

Sincityson
10-23-2010, 01:32 AM
Rangers are a great team riding a tidal wive, which will probably win them the world series if they play the Giants.. That's what I'm thinkin..

Great team to watch!

Jags Fan Dan
10-23-2010, 07:21 AM
That was a fun series to watch. The Rangers ran the bases so aggressively and really played to win.

coxfan
10-23-2010, 09:38 AM
My wife and Dallas-based daughter are adamant about getting me to the World Series despite the cost, so I'll be Texas-bound for game 3! And I'll get to visit my new grandson, born August 25 in the Dallas area. My wife and I will both go to see him around Christmas, as we did after his birth.

By the way, I spoke to Landon Powell, who caught Braden's perfect game, by coincidence here in Columbia, SC. He's a former SC Gamecock, and was visiting at the USC stadium as I was leaving from watching a scrimmage. Powell also caught Braden's win at Texas's stadium on 8-28.

legaleagle92481
10-23-2010, 09:56 AM
They deserved it, the Yanks played like such garbage except for Game 5 they should be ashamed of themselves and I think Lee will stay in Texas after this. If they play the Giants they will win easily but the Phillies likely would take them as Halladay cancels out Lee and Oswalt and Hamels are notches above anyone else on Texas' staff and they have bats that can do serious damage.

Fnazxc0114
10-23-2010, 01:14 PM
hey legal take a look at how the rangers have hit halladay and oswalt in the past. He has been tough but the team has beaten both guys. Legal also take a look at how many hits the rangers got off of Sabathia, and hughes. If anything the NLDS has shown how vulnerable Roy Halladay and Roy Oswalt are to getting hit. The team doing the hits does not have the caliber of hitters the Rangers do. Either way Giants hold a 3-2 lead and todays game should be a good one. Funny thing on mlb tv last night the announcers said 0 about a giants-rangers matchup. They already think the phillies are going to win.

sox83cubs84
10-23-2010, 02:34 PM
A World Series without the Yankees is like a week's vacation in Hawaii!

Dave Miedema

LastingsMilledge85
10-23-2010, 02:46 PM
All I would love to see if a Halladay, Lee match-up as much as I can't stand the Phillies. Two guys that are at the top of their game, and could of potentially been teammates for this season just really intrigues me about a potential match-up.

xpress34
10-23-2010, 04:54 PM

Dave Miedema

+1 :D

Fnazxc0114
10-23-2010, 05:05 PM
Id rather see a lee lincecum matchup. Ive seen oswalt and halladay pitch. Never seen the freak pitch, and since Id rather get stabbed in the eye ball than go to california, it would be one of my few chances to watch him pitch. Could of seen him in st. louis this summer but the game we went to didnt match up.

All I would love to see if a Halladay, Lee match-up as much as I can't stand the Phillies. Two guys that are at the top of their game, and could of potentially been teammates for this season just really intrigues me about a potential match-up.

dcrules01
10-23-2010, 10:53 PM
And looks like Giants vs Rangers. Hoping it's a great series very happy with the matchup. I'm gonna give the edge to Texas they impressed the hell out of me during the Yankees series.

BULBUS
10-24-2010, 06:48 AM

Dave Miedema

-1 :D

I'm picking the Rangers. The way they took apart the Yankees and Rays, the 2 best teams in the majors all year, they look unstoppable!

-Chris

3arod13
10-24-2010, 09:57 AM

I'm picking the Rangers. The way they took apart the Yankees and Rays, the 2 best teams in the majors all year, they look unstoppable!

-Chris

+1 :)

I agree. Rangers played consistent in both series. I think it's cool to Texas and San Francisco are playing in the world series! I especially think it's cool that the Rangers not only won their first playoff series ever, but in that same year, they're playing in the World Series.

What amazed me about watching the Rangers is, they never look rattled. They are a bunch of confident players, that know they should be here.

Shold be a good series. I'm for the Rangers to win it all!

LastingsMilledge85
10-24-2010, 01:17 PM

-Chris

Weren't the Phillies the best team this year?

sox83cubs84
10-24-2010, 02:38 PM
Although there were other teams I was cheering for initially, in retrospect, I couldn't have asked for a better matchup. Either a franchise (Rangers) will experience their first MLB World Championship, or a city (San Francisco) will (the Giants last Series victory came in 1954, when they were still based in New York). Either way, a group of fans gets an unprecedented (for them) reward.:D

Dave Miedema

BULBUS
10-24-2010, 08:09 PM
Weren't the Phillies the best team this year?

Not even close. They dealt with injuries all year. They played in one of the worst divisions in baseball. Worth was almost traded. They did get a boost from Oswalt and seemed to be the hottest team heading into the playoffs, but they definitely werent anywhere near as good as they were in 2008.

LastingsMilledge85
10-24-2010, 08:27 PM
Not even close. They dealt with injuries all year. They played in one of the worst divisions in baseball. Worth was almost traded. They did get a boost from Oswalt and seemed to be the hottest team heading into the playoffs, but they definitely werent anywhere near as good as they were in 2008.

So their record of 97-65 with a major league high .599 win percentage doesn't count? Not to mention that when they fielded their reserves because of injuries and continued to win and battle on the field doesn't somehow make them better than anyone else? The Phillies this year where the best in baseball. The record speaks for itself.

gingi79
10-24-2010, 08:33 PM
WooHoo, the AL Atlanta Braves made the WS! Bobby Cox says you are welcome for the contributions of:

Jeff Francouer
Jarrod Saltalamacchia
Elvis Andrus

How is that Mark Texieria trade treating you today, Ranger Fans? ;)
I cursed that trade when Elvis left and obviously I was right.

cliffjmp33
10-24-2010, 08:45 PM
Congrats to the Rangers fans on here. Should be interesting series and can't wait to watch.

LastingsMilledge85
10-24-2010, 09:07 PM
WooHoo, the AL Atlanta Braves made the WS! Bobby Cox says you are welcome for the contributions of:

Jeff Francouer
Jarrod Saltalamacchia
Elvis Andrus

How is that Mark Texieria trade treating you today, Ranger Fans? ;)
I cursed that trade when Elvis left and obviously I was right.

Salty is long gone, but Tex did get a ring last year ;) At least Texas now has their chance to prove their return in the trade. Don't forget about Feliz either, he has been a key part in the Rangers winning of the pennant.

Fnazxc0114
10-24-2010, 09:34 PM
The best in baseball that will have a tee time tomorrow. The best team in baseball will be determined over the next couple of weeks.

So their record of 97-65 with a major league high .599 win percentage doesn't count? Not to mention that when they fielded their reserves because of injuries and continued to win and battle on the field doesn't somehow make them better than anyone else? The Phillies this year where the best in baseball. The record speaks for itself.

LastingsMilledge85
10-24-2010, 10:44 PM
The best in baseball that will have a tee time tomorrow. The best team in baseball will be determined over the next couple of weeks.

Fair, but through the course of the season and many people like to go by the record because let's face it that determines the best team up until the postseason. Postseason determines which teams can best prepare themselves for each series and up until this point both San Francisco and Texas are the best at that.

BULBUS
10-25-2010, 08:03 AM

Just because they had the best record, they were the best team???? They got to play the Mets, Marlins, and Nationals. The Yanks and Rays had to play the Red Sox, Blue Jays and Orioles (who had a pretty decent second half of the Year after Buck took over). And they still had 95 and 96 wins. Just go and look at the numbers (Runs, BA, ERA, ect.), NOT even close!

LastingsMilledge85
10-25-2010, 09:51 AM
Just because they had the best record, they were the best team???? They got to play the Mets, Marlins, and Nationals. The Yanks and Rays had to play the Red Sox, Blue Jays and Orioles (who had a pretty decent second half of the Year after Buck took over). And they still had 95 and 96 wins. Just go and look at the numbers (Runs, BA, ERA, ect.), NOT even close!

Yeah I guess your right record doesn't matter on judging a teams skill, the Pittsburgh Pirates really where the best team in baseball this year despite their record. Sounds crazy, but they just had some tough breaks and tough match-ups. How they didn't deserve to be in the playoffs is beyond me...

schubert1970
10-28-2010, 10:00 PM
New Ranger theme song.
Walk this way!!!!!!

Was at game 1 one last night and I think the Rangers are weak.

What a joke !!!!

SWEEP!!!!

schubert1970
10-28-2010, 10:01 PM
Which team has the better bats? Josh Hamilton MIA!

Fnazxc0114
10-29-2010, 01:19 AM
The rangers waited until the first two games of the WS to play their worst two games of the year. It sucks watching them choke. Hamilton isnt the only one mia. Try the top half of the order and cliff lee as well. The bullpen is playing poor as well. The team is still young and i doubt this will be the first run they make. No matter the outcome nobody gave either team the chance to be where they are at now. Shupert were you first in line across the street last night, after Uribe's homer?

legaleagle92481
10-29-2010, 09:34 AM
The rangers waited until the first two games of the WS to play their worst two games of the year. It sucks watching them choke. Hamilton isnt the only one mia. Try the top half of the order and cliff lee as well. The bullpen is playing poor as well. The team is still young and i doubt this will be the first run they make. No matter the outcome nobody gave either team the chance to be where they are at now. Shupert were you first in line across the street last night, after Uribe's homer?

They really are not young. Vlad will be 36, Young 34, Lee (even if he resigns) will be 33, Cruz will be 31, Lewis will be 31, Hamilton 30, Wilson 30, Kinsler 29, Murphy 29. Except for Elvis and Feliz all the key guys are over 30 or very close thereto. On the other hand all of the Giants key guys are 28 and younger (some several years so) except for Huff. So of the two I would say the Giants are the young team here.

cjclong
10-29-2010, 10:26 AM
Since when is 30 old in sports now. A position player who is 30 can reasonably be expected to have have at least 5 good years left baring injury. And with few exceptions most teams have a lot of turnover at the end of 5 years. The Giants, to their credit, have played excellent ball in the playoffs and thus far in the World Series. And while their pitching is outstanding (well it wasn't really in WS game one, the Rangers just pitched worse) they have several players who are on a hot streak right now that can't be expected to last into next season. While they have a lineup that is producing for this post season it will be interesting to see how they do next year.

Bondsgloves
10-29-2010, 10:35 AM
The Giants will be just fine next year... They are returning the entire starting rotation (probably the best in baseball) and Brian Wilson (1 of the top closers in the game) the closer. The strength of the team is pitching... They can dump the entire lineup except Posey and still be a contending team next year. With the rotation back and more experienced as well as Posey, they will be tuff to beat..

cjclong
10-29-2010, 12:05 PM
Of course any team that relies almost entirely on pitching runs a risk if one of their top pitchers gets injured and pitchers are unfortunately more likely to have a serious injury than the position players.

LastingsMilledge85
10-29-2010, 12:24 PM
The Rockies next year will be an interesting team, as they will be a team mixed with youth, age, talent, and experience. I think Jhoulys Chacin is going to be a huge part of that team next year as he should get a spot in that rotation next season. They seem to always make a late run, but I wouldn't be surprised if they have a firm grasp on first place throughout the majority of the season. With these teams like Texas and San Francisco you really don't know next year, whether if this was "their year" or if they are building something. San Francisco has a great rotation, but that's really what kept them hanging around this year. They never had a lead in the division like San Diego, but they managed to hang around and win games when needed down the stretch. The offense is a big question, and will Posey carry over his success or be a victim of the "sophomore slump?"

Fnazxc0114
10-29-2010, 03:55 PM
Other than posey are any of the giants key guys fielders? Every pitcher is one pitch away from missing 1.5-2 years for tommy john. Recent history has shown us what the career path is for young pitchers.

They really are not young. Vlad will be 36, Young 34, Lee (even if he resigns) will be 33, Cruz will be 31, Lewis will be 31, Hamilton 30, Wilson 30, Kinsler 29, Murphy 29. Except for Elvis and Feliz all the key guys are over 30 or very close thereto. On the other hand all of the Giants key guys are 28 and younger (some several years so) except for Huff. So of the two I would say the Giants are the young team here.

schubert1970
10-31-2010, 10:37 PM
Nice costumes by the Rangers tonight, they dressed up as luzers!
Lol!!!!!!!

Fnazxc0114
11-01-2010, 01:28 AM
Nice one shubert, i would hate to see what those in San Fran would have worn. I doubt they would have been very family friendly. Its funny on other boards San Fran fans are pretty classy people, too bad it doesnt translate to this one.