PDA

View Full Version : question about Yankees 2010 game worn jerseys

costas
10-21-2010, 06:31 PM
collectors, do any of you know how many sets of jerseys Yankees players wore this season, and when did they change into new sets? thanks.

shafrancollectibles.com
10-21-2010, 07:59 PM
As far as I can chime in, in relation to the home pinstripes, there are no exact set dates but a full set was taken out of play after the home opener and then Steiner got their "regular guys" jerseys after several homestands - Jeter, Gardner, Swisher, Tex, Robertson, Mo, Joba and a couple others. Another full set was taken out of play after the 9/26 last home regular season game.

From the use on the 2010 jerseys taken out of play after the last home game that I have personally handled, the rest of the players/coaches seemed to only use one jersey all season.

Again, I am only speaking based on my personal research and cannot verify this with 100% accuracy on a player-by-player basis.

costas
10-21-2010, 08:06 PM
thank you shafrancollectibles.com. was this also the case with the road jerseys?

legaleagle92481
10-21-2010, 08:45 PM
Road jerseys: After the season opener (in Boston) those jerseys were taken out of circulation and sold by Steiner. For the regulars they are taken out of circulation similar to the home jerseys. As far as how many jerseys a guy wears I think it depends on the player. Arod is not a regular Steiner guy but wears several of each jersey a year and Steiner currently is selling a few of his jerseys. Which player are you curious about in particular? You should ask Effrain Reyes (the Steiner rep on the board) he would know more than anyone.

salmon
10-22-2010, 07:01 AM
I have a road game used jersey that was MLB Authenticated June 27, 2010 versus the Dodgers. I'm new here do players go through a new jersey every series? Also does the MLB Authenticated sticker go on before the game and the players wear the items with the sticker while they play or is it placed on after the game?

allstarsplus
10-22-2010, 08:59 AM
I have a road game used jersey that was MLB Authenticated June 27, 2010 versus the Dodgers. I'm new here do players go through a new jersey every series? Also does the MLB Authenticated sticker go on before the game and the players wear the items with the sticker while they play or is it placed on after the game?

Welcome to GUU. To answer your first question, typically the answer is no, especially with the Yankees. Some star players on other teams I have seen go through a jersey per homestand. I got a pair of players pants this year in Set 11 so I think the star players on many teams have the flexibility to wear fresh uni's. The proof is usually in the wear on the jersey. I see way too many light use or no use out there which then becomes the issue of, is it game issued or worn very little.

On your 2nd question, I have never seen them sticker the jersey before the game and I think that is because when the players sweat and move around the holograms may not stick properly or chip with damage, however the MLB authenticators have used invisible dye on jerseys before a game to identify after the game.

salmon
10-22-2010, 09:06 AM
Welcome to GUU. To answer your first question, typically the answer is no, especially with the Yankees. Some star players on other teams I have seen go through a jersey per homestand. I got a pair of players pants this year in Set 11 so I think the star players on many teams have the flexibility to wear fresh uni's. The proof is usually in the wear on the jersey. I see way too many light use or no use out there which then becomes the issue of, is it game issued or worn very little.

On your 2nd question, I have never seen them sticker the jersey before the game and I think that is because when the players sweat and move around the holograms may not stick properly or chip with damage, however the MLB authenticators have used invisible dye on jerseys before a game to identify after the game.

Hello allstarsplus, thank you for the warm welcome. Do you know if the Yankees only wear two sets of jerseys a year, with one set being before the All-Star game and another set following (including the playoffs?). Also, the jersey I have was MLB Authenticated on the same day they played the Dodgers, does this mean the jersey was unwashed? Thank you and have a good day.

costas
10-22-2010, 10:51 AM
okay thanks guys, what about the "core four" Jeter, Rivera, Pettitte and Posada? I'm guessing their jerseys are the more sought after ones, do they wear more sets then the other players?

allstarsplus
10-22-2010, 11:05 AM
Hello allstarsplus, thank you for the warm welcome. Do you know if the Yankees only wear two sets of jerseys a year, with one set being before the All-Star game and another set following (including the playoffs?). Also, the jersey I have was MLB Authenticated on the same day they played the Dodgers, does this mean the jersey was unwashed? Thank you and have a good day.

I would call Matt Freedman at Steiner Sports and ask him about the game used Yankees jerseys as they are exclusive on them. He probably can answer most of your specific questions.

His number is 617-999-2870

ereyes
10-22-2010, 11:06 AM
If you follow what shafrancollectibles.com stated you would have part of your answer. The only thing he left out was that the same thing goes for Road jerseys.

1 full set home and road - opening day
1 full set home and road - last home/road stand
10 players jerseys throughout the rest of the year mostly home and most of the time after each homestand with on occasions running multi home-stands

salmon
10-22-2010, 11:29 AM
Wow thank you ereyes for providing that information, players get 12 jerseys a season? Do they get all the jerseys at the start of the season and they are hung in the locker rooms? Or are players given one jersey at a time, worn then it's collected to be sold by Steiner, then given a new one for the next series?

My MLB Authenticated jersey says it's from the June 27, 2010 game against the Dodgers so does this mean it was only used for this game, or possibly other game prior to? Thank you and have a good day.