legaleagle92481
10-21-2010, 03:16 PM
The results were:

TO
Haynesworth
Romo
Sanchez
Eli Manning

as NFL's top five overrated players, anybody have any thoughts? Who do you think is most overated/underated in NFL?

I think Eli is the most underrated. Check his stats he is on pace for 300 plus tds and 40,000 plus yards and has a Super Bowl MVP. Those are HOF numbers. He also is on the verge of annual Pro Bowl status now that McNabb is declining and Farve retiring likely after this year. If his name were Eli Smith people would appreciate and view him much differently. He is not Peyton but then only a handful if that ever, ever were.

I think the most overrated is Andre Johnson. The guy is almost 30 and his numbers are nothing special beyond the last two years. Plus he has scored precious few tds which is not how a truly great wideout performs i.e. Moss, Harrison, TO, Rice, Carter, etc. all scored double digit tds year after year. He has never done so. People say he is a future HOFer but to have numbers anywhere close to the guys in there or even the guys awaiting getting in ie Tim Brown, Andre Reed and Carter he is going to have to at least double his career td total in his 30s and rack up about 500 more catches. Plus he has never even played in the playoffs so it is not like one can cite postseason stats to help his case.

BULBUS
10-21-2010, 03:47 PM
I totally agree with you on Eli. As a long time Giants fan suffering through the likes of Brown, Kannell, Graham, ect., I appreciate Eli very much. He might not have the phsyical ability of his brother or some other QB's in the league, but there are only a couple of guys that I would replace him with. He has the football smarts and he makes plays.

-Chris