PDA

View Full Version : Can TBS coverage get anymore biased?

xpress34
10-18-2010, 11:02 PM
Watching the Rangers / Yankees Series on TBS is really making me sick.

The announcers are all in love with The Yankees and treat the Rangers like they're just another stepping stone for the Yankees.

Other than giving Cliff Lee the due he deserves, the announcers were almost nonchalant in announcing the Rangers hits and plays, but when the Yankees got a hit, they sounded like they were jumping out of their seats.

Right now the Rangers are in a good spot... at minimum, they get the Series back to Arlington.

Apparently there is speculation that Girardi will pull AJ tomorrow and start CC on 3 days rest. If it backfires for the Yankees it could put them in a tailspin.

Hats off the Cliff Lee - 13 Ks! And if it hadn't been for the 9th inning Offensive barrage from the Rangers hitters, Lee probably would have come back out to go for another CG.

GO RANGERS!!!

- Chris

P.S. - Did anyone else notice Posada making the call for the Ump to check the ball after his bloop hit? The Ump checked it and tossed it right back to Lee...

LastingsMilledge85
10-18-2010, 11:09 PM
Can't imagine Ronny sides with the Yankees just from listening to him for years during the Subway Series, but I haven't seen too much of the ALCS then again who cares, the announcing is awful for the most part once the post-season commences.

jobathenut
10-18-2010, 11:10 PM
Wow chris i see it the totally other way.I thought for sure they all had a man crush on cliff lee.And never ever showed that strike zone thing when it comes to the yankees getting bad call.And when there is a questionable call against them they never show a replay.I guess its all about who you are pulling for as how you see things.But then i think all sports coverage on tv is just stubid and can't stand to listen to it.As they spend more time talking about stubid things that actually calling the game.See i am old enough when there used to a play by play guy and then a color or insight guy.But now it seems you cant tell whos doing who.When was the last time you actually heard a play by play on tv,thats alright i'll wait.Yeah it's been awhile proberly late 80's.Its all about silly stuff now like showing smoltz in the blimp with conan.It hurts to say that i dont agree with you on this as i always agree with you.But i guess that streak comes to a end my friend.

lakeerie92
10-18-2010, 11:10 PM
P.S. - Did anyone else notice Posada making the call for the Ump to check the ball after his bloop hit? The Ump checked it and tossed it right back to Lee...

Posada got jammed on that hit and I think he was under the impression he hit it with the pine tar part of the bat and was signaling to check the ball for pine tar. That isn't too uncommon.

xpress34
10-18-2010, 11:31 PM
Wow chris i see it the totally other way.I thought for sure they all had a man crush on cliff lee.And never ever showed that strike zone thing when it comes to the yankees getting bad call.And when there is a questionable call against them they never show a replay.I guess its all about who you are pulling for as how you see things.But then i think all sports coverage on tv is just stubid and can't stand to listen to it.As they spend more time talking about stubid things that actually calling the game.See i am old enough when there used to a play by play guy and then a color or insight guy.But now it seems you cant tell whos doing who.When was the last time you actually heard a play by play on tv,thats alright i'll wait.Yeah it's been awhile proberly late 80's.Its all about silly stuff now like showing smoltz in the blimp with conan.It hurts to say that i dont agree with you on this as i always agree with you.But i guess that streak comes to a end my friend.

Joba -

We must be talking about totally different announcers then my friend.

When the Rangers fell apart in Game 1, all they kept talking about was teh Yankees Machine and how disheartened the Rangers looked because they 'knew it was over' even before the Yankees took the lead...

When the Rangers turned it on in the 9th tonight, it was all about how the Yankee weren't worried because they 'know they will bounce right back in the next game', etc...

I fully admitted they gave Cliff Lee his due, BUT that wasn't because he's on the Rangers - that is ALL because he pitched for another East Coast team (Phils) last year and was lights out in the Post Season then as well.

Even tonight, when Lee gave up the walk, the announcers immediately perked up and started talking about the Yankees getting to Lee or something like that, but when talking about Hamilton's bomb off Pettite, they dressed it down as a (and I quote) 'MINOR blip' in his game. You think they were gushing on Lee??? They were sucking Pettite's man teets for all they were worth.

But I digress as I fell we will end up agreeing to disagree.

lakeerie92 -

On the comment about the Pine Tar - thanks for clarifying that my wife was on the phone at that point and I couldn't hear the broadcast

All I saw was him holding up his hand in what looked like a knuckle ball grip like he was saying Lee had cut or doctored the ball.

- Chris

jobathenut
10-18-2010, 11:33 PM
Yeah XPRESS-I think it's best to chalk this up to we agree to disagree-:)
Joba -

We must be talking about totally different announcers then my friend.

When the Rangers fell apart in Game 1, all they kept talking about was teh Yankees Machine and how disheartened the Rangers looked because they 'knew it was over' even before the Yankees took the lead...

When the Rangers turned it on in the 9th tonight, it was all about how the Yankee weren't worried because they 'know they will bounce right back in the next game', etc...

I fully admitted they gave Cliff Lee his due, BUT that wasn't because he's on the Rangers - that is ALL because he pitched for another East Coast team (Phils) last year and was lights out in the Post Season then as well.

Even tonight, when Lee gave up the walk, the announcers immediately perked up and started talking about the Yankees getting to Lee or something like that, but when talking about Hamilton's bomb off Pettite, they dressed it down as a (and I quote) 'MINOR blip' in his game. You think they were gushing on Lee??? They were sucking Pettite's man teets for all they were worth.

But I digress as I fell we will end up agreeing to disagree.

lakeerie92 -

On the comment about the Pine Tar - thanks for clarifying that my wife was on the phone at that point and I couldn't hear the broadcast

All I saw was him holding up his hand in what looked like a knuckle ball grip like he was saying Lee had cut or doctored the ball.

- Chris

Fnazxc0114
10-18-2010, 11:41 PM
I watch the game on mute then turn to mlb tv afterwards. I say start cc on short rest, he had a weeks rest in his first start and got treated like a red headed stepchild. I like how they are now underscoring tommy hunter as being a scrub. Aj vs tommy, i like our odds.Especially if AJ has to rely on his fastball. The best part about tonights game was watching all those fair weather yankees fans leaving the park early. How did aj do in the alds?:D

xpress34
10-19-2010, 06:45 AM
I watch the game on mute then turn to mlb tv afterwards. I say start cc on short rest, he had a weeks rest in his first start and got treated like a red headed stepchild. I like how they are now underscoring tommy hunter as being a scrub. Aj vs tommy, i like our odds.Especially if AJ has to rely on his fastball. The best part about tonights game was watching all those fair weather yankees fans leaving the park early. How did aj do in the alds?:D

Fnazxc -

I was going to mention the early 'exodus' as well. I guess those fans really have faith in their Yankees?!?! :rolleyes:

It was like watching Game 5 in Tampa all over again with how empty the seats were in the bottom of the 9th. I wish I ad that kind of money to buy not JUST a ticket to a game at Yankee Stadium, but a ticket to the LCS and be able to just give up on my team and leave early.

When I still lived in the D/FW area (Garland) going to the Rangers games, and even since I've been here in Colorado going to the Rockies games, I NEVER leave early just because my team is behind. I've seen too many amazing comebacks as well as many not so happy endings, but I got every $$ worth.

In 1995 at the Rockies Home Opener - the 1st 'Official' game at Coors Field after the Regular MLB players came back, I sat through 14 innings in cold ass weather with rain and sleet and was rewarded with Dante Bichette's 14th inning Walk Off blast - and the Blake Street Bombers were born.

I don't remember seeing The Ballpark @ Arlington emptying out when the Rangers were down to the Rays, but maybe the Rangers fans actually appreciate getting to see their boys play in October where many Yankees fans feel that they are OWED the Post Season experience because they have become spoiled. Just my .02, but I think there is some credence to it.

Let's see if the Rangers truly are the 'Road Warriors' and can keep the streak alive - 4 straight Post Season road wins.

- Chris

yanks12025
10-19-2010, 07:17 AM
Whats the point in staying at the game when your team is down by 8 runs(your fans would do the same if down by 8). Yes i would have left early also to bet traffic because i live three hours away and im not close to being a fair weather fan. I'm going to the game tonight and im worried one bit. The yankees are known for letting ok pitchers pitch like their a hall of famer and also AJ is going tonight.

P.S
You talk about fair weather fans, yet your fans only started showing up when you actually began winning games.

legaleagle92481
10-19-2010, 10:29 AM
For those of you who don't live in the New York area or who have not traveled here recently. If you drive to the game if you stay to the end you are facing utter gridlock and a very long time to just get out of the lot and onto the parkway to get out of the Bronx. When one works the next day and the game is going to end after 11pm, one does not want to sit in traffic until 2 am. It is the same at Jets, Giants and Mets games. Once the outcome appears certain everyone leaves to beat the traffic. No team is coming back down 8-0 in the 9th after being 2 hit all day.

sox83cubs84
10-19-2010, 10:37 AM
So...pro-Yankees bias ISN'T limited to the Eastern Sports Programming Network...

Dave Miedema

camarokids
10-19-2010, 10:37 AM
People have talked about other teams fans being fair weather and or bandwagon jumpers. Well it appears the $pankees fans are the same way.

The bottom of the ninth was only a few minutes long.

I believe someone ragged on the Rays fans for leaving early. Well here in the Great (:rolleyes:) City of New York you have the same thing.

I believe it is the same everywhere. Fans will leave early if their team is getting $panked !

camarokids
10-19-2010, 10:41 AM
Oh BTW, CC got his a$$ $panked in Game 1! Lucky for him & the $pankees, the Rangers bullpen sucked in Game 1.

So I am not sure why everyone thinks he will be some kind of savior???

Remember a few years back when CC was Brewer? CC came back to pitch on short rest in the playoffs and got $panked.

LastingsMilledge85
10-19-2010, 11:25 AM
For those of you who don't live in the New York area or who have not traveled here recently. If you drive to the game if you stay to the end you are facing utter gridlock and a very long time to just get out of the lot and onto the parkway to get out of the Bronx. When one works the next day and the game is going to end after 11pm, one does not want to sit in traffic until 2 am. It is the same at Jets, Giants and Mets games. Once the outcome appears certain everyone leaves to beat the traffic. No team is coming back down 8-0 in the 9th after being 2 hit all day.

Not the Mets...no one goes to the games ;)

Fnazxc0114
10-19-2010, 12:48 PM
I do know it was fun watching cliff lee shut down the 200 million dollar payroll. ONe decent hit all night from one of the best linups in the league. How did aj pitch in the alds? lol

Fnazxc0114
10-19-2010, 04:50 PM
Cliff Lees performance against the yankees
Salary 112.1 million
Career Hr Total 1908
AS Games 35
Silver Sluggers 23
MVP awards 3
Id say he overpowered one of the most potent offenses in the AL. CJ Wilson and Colby Lewis did the same. It pretty cool to see a team whos known in the past as being just hr hitters to being one of the most dominate pitching staffs in the AL

xpress34
10-19-2010, 06:12 PM
Salary 112.1 million
Career Hr Total 1908
AS Games 35
Silver Sluggers 23
MVP awards 3
Id say he overpowered one of the most potent offenses in the AL. CJ Wilson and Colby Lewis did the same. It pretty cool to see a team whos known in the past as being just hr hitters to being one of the most dominate pitching staffs in the AL

Those Totals are just LAST NIGHTS Starting Line Up for NYY!!!

xpress34
10-19-2010, 06:16 PM
Oh BTW, CC got his a$$ $panked in Game 1! Lucky for him & the $pankees, the Rangers bullpen sucked in Game 1.

So I am not sure why everyone thinks he will be some kind of savior???

Remember a few years back when CC was Brewer? CC came back to pitch on short rest in the playoffs and got $panked.

David -

Thanks for having seen the same game as me... all I heard from my friends was how the Yankees spanked Texas in Game One.

I think if Washington hadn't overmanaged and had allowed CJ a chance to pitch out of it - he gave up a HR and a dbl and was lifted with a 5 run lead - it might have turned out differently. On top of that, he kind of rushed his guys in the Bullpen to get ready and pitch and all and I think that just added to the sucking. Hell, he burned two pitchers that he let throw ONE pitch each??!?!

Anyway, tonight should be interesting to see what Hunter brings to his 1st start in Yankee stadium and which AJ shows up for the Yankees.

- Chris

gorilla777
10-19-2010, 06:23 PM
If Texas should actually the WS, I foresee things getting really obnoxious:rolleyes:

Thank goodness the Cowboys blow....

legaleagle92481
10-19-2010, 09:21 PM
Salary 112.1 million
Career Hr Total 1908
AS Games 35
Silver Sluggers 23
MVP awards 3

Thats slanted because the MVP awards all belong to Arod as do 600 plus of the homers and 10 of the silver sluggers. Also 24 of the all star games belong to Jeter and Arod. Most of their guys are 30 plus so you would expect their career stat totals to be high because they have played awhile to accumulate them. What is unsaid is Lee and Petite were even last night except for Hamilton's half swing home run which SI quoted Josh as saying he was fooled by the pitch and surprised it ended up being a homer.

ferro39
10-19-2010, 09:32 PM
those lots and lack of traffic lights coming out of them make for an abortion.

even the subways get jammed up after a game. during the summer, it's almost unbearable to be crammed down there with hundreds, if not thousands, of people

camarokids
10-19-2010, 09:42 PM
those lots and lack of traffic lights coming out of them make for an abortion.

even the subways get jammed up after a game. during the summer, it's almost unbearable to be crammed down there with hundreds, if not thousands, of people

maybe all the $pankee fans should just stay home then???

ferro39
10-19-2010, 09:53 PM
such is life when you play in an actual city and not the sticks, i guess :p

camarokids
10-19-2010, 10:14 PM

I was only kidding.

I think it happens all across the country. No matter the team, if the home team is losing, fans leave early....

Fnazxc0114
10-19-2010, 11:18 PM
typical response id expect from a yankee fan. Just because you live in the big city doesnt mean you have any class. Id rather live in the sticks in a big house as opposed to living in an apartment on a busy street.

Fnazxc0114
10-19-2010, 11:23 PM
Favorite part of tonights game was listening to how much trouble the rangers were going to be in because rivera was slotted to pitch the 8th and 9th. I guess the tbs dbags didnt see the rangers beat big mo in back to back games in sept. Legal as far as petite throwing a good game last night he did, but if he were still a big game pitcher he would not of given up that homerun. He got beaten by the better pitcher last night. Either way theres still a lot of baseball to play.

Fnazxc0114
10-19-2010, 11:24 PM
as far as the yankees fans exodus it started in the 7th in tonights game.

xpress34
10-19-2010, 11:26 PM
Rangers SPANK the Yankees... AGAIN... :D

Now the Yankees are actually hoping and praying they get to see Cliff Lee again... :eek:

TBS announcers seemed a little more excited fro Rangers plays tonight, but are already expecting that we will see 'classic' CC Sabathia tomorrow...

To bad it's an afternoon game tomorrow... I'll have to DVR it and listen on the radio...

GO RANGERS!!!

camarokids
10-19-2010, 11:34 PM
David -

Thanks for having seen the same game as me... all I heard from my friends was how the Yankees spanked Texas in Game One.

I think if Washington hadn't overmanaged and had allowed CJ a chance to pitch out of it - he gave up a HR and a dbl and was lifted with a 5 run lead - it might have turned out differently. On top of that, he kind of rushed his guys in the Bullpen to get ready and pitch and all and I think that just added to the sucking. Hell, he burned two pitchers that he let throw ONE pitch each??!?!

Anyway, tonight should be interesting to see what Hunter brings to his 1st start in Yankee stadium and which AJ shows up for the Yankees.

- Chris

Your welcome! Great game tonight! For the Rangers :D !

Even the talking heads said it tonight, about the Rangers bullpen blowing Game 1.....

So if you take away that lapse from Rangers pen. It would have been a sweep!

Any predictions for CC getting hammered tomorrow? and another early exit for the Yankee faithful????

xpress34
10-19-2010, 11:39 PM
Your welcome! Great game tonight! For the Rangers :D !

Even the talking heads said it tonight, about the Rangers bullpen blowing Game 1.....

So if you take away that lapse from Rangers pen. It would have been a sweep!

Any predictions for CC getting hammered tomorrow? and another early exit for the Yankee faithful????

I would love to see CJ get redemption (not that he pitched poorly) and be able to get the WIN tomorrow and close this thing out...

AND, the Giants beat the much vaunted Phils again today...

NOW, the TRIVIA question: If the Rangers and Giants face off in the World Series, they already share some MLB history. Do you know what it is?

Fnazxc0114
10-19-2010, 11:43 PM
first interleague game

xpress34
10-19-2010, 11:47 PM
first interleague game
WINNER!!! And a BONUS... 1st Interleague Pitch in that game was thrown to the Giants by then and now current Texas Ranger - Darren Oliver.

gorilla777
10-19-2010, 11:58 PM
Man, I guess they didn't need to win the WS for the obnoxiousness to start, I stand corrected.

Fnazxc0114
10-20-2010, 12:09 AM
What exactly is obnoxious gorilla?

xpress34
10-20-2010, 12:32 AM
What exactly is obnoxious gorilla?

I guess the fact that we are excited that our Rangers might actually be headed to their 1st WS??? (pretty good odds I would say at this point)

I thought obnoxious was the Spankee fans who always won't to go on and on about how mighty and invincible the Yankees are... and the Red Sox fans became just as obnoxious once they won the 2004 and then the 2007 WS.

But I digress. Gorilla must be Yankee fan who can't stand seeing other fans have moment of happiness.

- Smitty

xpress34
10-20-2010, 12:33 AM
I guess the fact that we are excited that our Rangers might actually be headed to their 1st WS??? (pretty good odds I would say at this point)

I thought obnoxious was the Spankee fans who always WANT to go on and on about how mighty and invincible the Yankees are... and the Red Sox fans became just as obnoxious once they won the 2004 and then the 2007 WS.

But I digress. Gorilla must be Yankee fan who can't stand seeing other fans have moment of happiness.

- Smitty

The BOLD part is a TYPO correction... oh for an edit feature!

Fnazxc0114
10-20-2010, 12:39 AM
Ubnoxious to me is not wanting to take my children to a playoff game at home against the yankees for fear ill be sitting next to a fist pumping guido. People who have no respect for others around them is obnoxious. That would include many yankees and red sox fans who come to the games in texas. I dont even go to those games during the regular season. Been to 4 playoff games this year and thats 4 more than ive been to before. Either way im pumped. As far as this series theres still a lot of baseball left to play, and cant wait for the first pitch tomorrow..

xpress34
10-20-2010, 12:42 AM

My father and his family were from NYC and New Rochelle and I have plenty of friends from Long Island (Massepequa [sp?], Lindenhurst, etc) so I know what traffic is like there.

I also know not all New Yorkers think NYC is the only 'city' because they've actually been to Dallas and Denver and LA and Chicago and other cities... I'm guessing you haven't considering your reference to playing in the 'sticks'.

But I digress. I started this thread because the coverage on TBS started out like every other National coverage that include the NYY - talking about how big an underdog any team not named the Yankees are.

Now, it is turning into a celebration thread for Rangers fans and apparently that doesn't sit well with fans of the Evil Empire. I'm sorry, but that's just too bad.

I am sorry that Tex got hurt tonight, but I am enjoying watching the Rangers shut down Tex and A$$Rod so far through this series.

GO RANGERS!!!

yanks12025
10-20-2010, 05:54 AM
I don't think im the only one here, but Fnazxc0114 and xpress34(your not a rangers fan, are you), but you guys are starting to give ranger fans a bad look. You guys think for once because your team will win that your top sh*t. If/once you beat the yankees in this series, you wont win the WS.

P.S
Just think of how bad the ratings will be for baseball if it's the Rangers and Giants in the world series, talk about bad for baseball.

xpress34
10-20-2010, 07:37 AM
I don't think im the only one here, but Fnazxc0114 and xpress34(your not a rangers fan, are you), but you guys are starting to give ranger fans a bad look. You guys think for once because your team will win that your top sh*t. If/once you beat the yankees in this series, you wont win the WS.

P.S
Just think of how bad the ratings will be for baseball if it's the Rangers and Giants in the world series, talk about bad for baseball.

WOW! Just like a Yankees fan. So because I'm a Rangers and Rockies fan, I should never want my team to go to the WS because the ratings will be bad?

That's how it comes of Yanks. So why don't we just shut down ALL the Teams that aren't named Yankees, Red Sox, Cubs, White Sox, Cardinals and Phillies? Or, we'll let everyone else play, but only allow those 6 to play in the WS for RATINGS.

Since you seem to have the same tunnel vision as most of the Sports Coverage in the US (East Coast Bias) you didn't notice how GOOD it was for baseball out West when the Rockies went to the World Series - I already know you'll say RATINGS because of Beantown. I'm talking about NEW fans and more people out here catching baseball fever. When they made the Playoffs again in 2009, and even the run they had this year that didn't end until 6 days before the end of the season, it added fuel to the fire.

I could give a $h*t if Yankees / East Coast Bias 'fans' will watch the WS if it's the Rangers / Giants. I have as much right as any fan to root for my team. I know plenty of people who won't watch if it's Yankees/Phillies because they are BORED of the same thing every year - and that includes me.

NEW blood in the WS is GOOD for Baseball - Ratings might suffer, but those markets and teams ADD new fans which means more ticket sales, more merchandise, etc and that's really good for ALL of Baseball.

And to say we're giving a BAD look for Rangers fans because we're beating the REIGNING WS CHAMPIONS (and beating is a kind way to put it - we're not 'getting by' in these games) - maybe I should remind you of some of your own posts (i.e Pot calling the Kettle black):

Hope Mauer is happy with the money because he's never going to win a ring. In reference to his signing with the Twins. I guess the Yankees can't have everything they want.

Yankees will be fine and before you know it they will be in first place. Tampa Bay can't stay perfect forever. Tampa didn't make the playoffs last year and that was with the same team also. In reference to Nick Johnson (YOUR THREAD) not deserving work.

The yankees will win. You said they wouldn't against the Twins but i knew they would. And they will do the same for the Rangers or Rays. In reference to MLB Playoff Predictions.

Those sound just like every other thing I hear from Yankees fans I know - we're unbeatable and we'll talk crap about any player that we pursue who doesn't sign with us. No other team is at our level. Guess what Jonathan Pappelbon is your kinda guy. When the Sox were going to face the Rockies in 2007 WS, his comment was , 'They're not even in our league.' Yes they won the series, but this was before Game One and the Rox had Spanked them in Interleague play already that year.

So because we're happy about our team - and even if it is the only time they've been here - we're just supposed to cowtow to Yankees and not say anything? Because if it was the other way around (and your earlier comments bear it out) you and the other Yankees fans would be bashing the Rangers way worse than anything Fnazxc0114 and I have said. We'd have to hear the whole 'storied' franchise, 27 WS, etc all over again - it's like a broken record man like you guys don't think anyone else knows what the numbers are.

Here's a question for you... see what kind of real BASEBALL or even YANKEE fan you are:

NO Yankees has ever made the 3,000 hit club (Jeter will be 1st without a doubt), BUT one MEMBER of the 3,000 hit club DID don Yankees pinstripes and play for them? Who was it and when?

Finally - and not trying to be mean, just honest here - I think this post says it all:

19 years old (almost 20), been collecting for 5/6 years. In reference to a POLL POST asking age and how long you've collected.

I'm coming up on 47 and I've followed the Rangers since their inception in 1972 (I grew up in Dallas) and since moving to Denver in 1991 I adopted the Rockies when they started in 1993. So I have an AL Team and an NL team that I have followed since the beginning.

I have 38 years of waiting for the Rangers to get to this point (TWICE as long as you've been alive) compared to your maybe 15 years of REALLY being a Yankee fan (guessing you were really aware of them around age 4 or 5) so excuse me if I'm a little too overbearing for your tastes. Now you Yankee and Red Sox fans know what it's like for everyone else ALL the time.

If you can't take it, then don't keep dishing it out when you're on top. As they say, what goes around, comes around.

I'll take your WS call with a grain of salt. You were wrong about the Rays winning the AL east and so far (not to jinx my boys) it looks like you're wrong about the Rangers winning the ALCS.

IF you want to talk $h*t, then you better grow up and learn how to take it as well.

I hope there's no hard feelings, but hey you opened the door - I just walked through and said my piece.

All the best -

Smitty

BULBUS
10-20-2010, 08:32 AM
I'm a Yankees fan living in NJ. The Rangers fans have every reason to be happy, except for one inning, they are kicking the Yankees a$!*. The Rangers are making the Yankees look silly.....and old. That being said, the Yankees are still good enough to force a game 7, I just don't see them beating Lee the way they are playing.

Would really like to see the Yankees get there again, but a Rangers Giants series would be interesting. It would be nice to see "new" teams playing, it would be good for baseball. I would watch a little bit.

-Chris

karamaxjoe
10-20-2010, 08:57 AM

Spoken like a true East Coast Yankee!.......that is brutal.

legaleagle92481
10-20-2010, 09:47 AM

P.S

I agree on the ratings. It will be like Phils-Rays another series noone watches. You gotta think MLB is hoping that Yanks and Phils come back. On days Lee and the Freak don't pitch except for Hamilton there are not many players who will get the casual fan to watch the games. Keep in mind also that games 3 and 4 are on Halloween weekend when alot of people are already doing other things.

xpress34
10-20-2010, 11:09 AM
I agree on the ratings. It will be like Phils-Rays another series noone watches. You gotta think MLB is hoping that Yanks and Phils come back. On days Lee and the Freak don't pitch except for Hamilton there are not many players who will get the casual fan to watch the games. Keep in mind also that games 3 and 4 are on Halloween weekend when alot of people are already doing other things.

Legal -

Again, I agree on the ratings - I'm a realist, I know the Rangers won't draw what the Yankees would, BUT what I am saying is the way yanks put it out there, he is basically saying if I'm a real baseball fan then I shouldn't root for my team because of RATINGS.

At least that is my perception of wht he said and I'm pretty certain I'm not the only one who read it that way.

That said, why do Yankees fans have to rain on other teams happiness and make it sound like the Yankees are the ONLY team that keeps baseball rolling???

Why do you think so many people HATE the Yankees and their fans? It's really not because of the winning - I like Mantle, Yogi, Ruth, Maris, Gehrig, Mattingly, Jeter, Rivera and even Berkman. It's because they (the fans) treat fans of ANY other team like $h*t constantly and they can't take it when it comes back on them.

Again, my .02 and I stand by it.

- Smitty

Fnazxc0114
10-20-2010, 12:47 PM
How are we giving rangers fans a bad look? Theres a reason i dont take my kids to games when the yankees are in town. They do have a bad look(the fist pumping guido look), but it is their overall lack of class that drives me crazy.

P.S

yanks12025
10-20-2010, 02:02 PM
Legal -

Again, I agree on the ratings - I'm a realist, I know the Rangers won't draw what the Yankees would, BUT what I am saying is the way yanks put it out there, he is basically saying if I'm a real baseball fan then I shouldn't root for my team because of RATINGS.

At least that is my perception of wht he said and I'm pretty certain I'm not the only one who read it that way.

That said, why do Yankees fans have to rain on other teams happiness and make it sound like the Yankees are the ONLY team that keeps baseball rolling???

Why do you think so many people HATE the Yankees and their fans? It's really not because of the winning - I like Mantle, Yogi, Ruth, Maris, Gehrig, Mattingly, Jeter, Rivera and even Berkman. It's because they (the fans) treat fans of ANY other team like $h*t constantly and they can't take it when it comes back on them.

- Smitty

I didn't try to make it sound that way dealing with the ratings. I was just saying i think that the ratings will be bad with those two teams. And we as Yankee fans get treated like sh*t alot more than others. And i'll be happy if the Giants or Phillies win the world series, just not happy if the Rangers do because i cant stand acouple of their players(Hamilton is the biggest one). And how are the yankees classless. I'm sorry we dont have ten different uniforms, or flying monkeys or rags you wave around.

Fnazxc0114
10-20-2010, 02:12 PM
yanks how can you not like the mvp of the 2010 season?

Fnazxc0114
10-20-2010, 02:12 PM
The yankess themselves have lots of class, probably one of the most professional team in baseball, it is their fans who lack class.

camarokids
10-20-2010, 02:15 PM
[quote=yanks12025;221873 And i'll be happy if the Giants or Phillies win the world series, just not happy if the Rangers do because i cant stand acouple of their players(Hamilton is the biggest one). [/quote]

How can you not like Hamilton? He has class. You don't see him jumping up and down after hitting a home run, do you? He walks to the dugout and then sits down after being congratulated by his teammates.

On the other hand, look at the $pankees, they cry all the time. Aroid, Posada (pees on his hands), Burnett (needs another tattoo) and others...... Arod is enough for me NOT to like them.....

ferro39
10-20-2010, 02:21 PM
a bunch of you can rip on the yanks and their fans, but the minute i make an obvious joke, a bunch of you get defensive. boo hoo.

my point still stands: getting home from the stadium, especially after an ALCS game (never mind @ like midnight on a monday or tuesday night) is a daunting task.

i dont pretend to know how things are in texas, so some of you shouldnt pretend to question the motives behind people who leave an all-but-decided game at close to midnight on a weekday night...especially if it's never taken you 2-3 hours to travel 30 miles home.

yanks12025
10-20-2010, 02:28 PM
It's his whole story, he's called a "Hero" yet he was still a drugy. There are tons of people in this world and I know acouple that have battle through drugs and have become great people, yet none of them are called heros. What about the people that battle back from disease's, not a one gets credit because their not a famous person.

ferro39
10-20-2010, 02:30 PM
How can you not like Hamilton? He has class. You don't see him jumping up and down after hitting a home run, do you? He walks to the dugout and then sits down after being congratulated by his teammates.

On the other hand, look at the $pankees, they cry all the time. Aroid, Posada (pees on his hands), Burnett (needs another tattoo) and others...... Arod is enough for me NOT to like them.....

how?

probably one of the same reasons why a lot of people hate yankees fans: because of the copious amounts of crap that their fans have been talking this entire series.

it's not cool when our fans do it and it's not cool when rangers fans do it either. it's basically an ugly cycle, which results in a bunch of people unnecessarily getting their feelings hurt on message boards.

and barring a massive choke job, the rangers deserve to go to the WS. i wish them well (anyone but philly!). outside of basically 1 inning, they have handed us a royal a$$ kicking.

no sh1t talking here

Fnazxc0114
Why were the fans roling out last night in the 7th? I have no idea what it is like in the NY and have zero intentions of ever finding out.

gorilla777
Most of those Texas fans just peeled off their Romo jersey to jump on the Ranger bandwagon. And if you think Red Sox and Yankee fans are bad, then Billy Bob Cowboy Fan at least operates in the same neighborhood of boorishness, if not worse. And Billy Bob now has a hand claw Rangers shirt with the tags still hanging off it.
I do see that this xpress guy has been carrying the flag for some time and that should be commended.
We had few Angels fans (that would admit it) around here until late '02 when they all became "long-time loyal supporters" Such is sports in America, land of front-running.

gorilla777
10-20-2010, 02:31 PM

C'mon David, you're better than that buddy!

Fnazxc0114
10-20-2010, 02:32 PM
It has been a good series. Today is the biggest game in rangers history, and i hope it works out good. something to point back at the east coast bias. Last night on mlb tv harold reynolds said he thought the rangers were the hottest team in the playoffs right now. The guy sitting next to him said with a straight face i don think they are hotter or a better team than the phillies. I guess that guy hasnt watched the nlcs.

kellsox
10-20-2010, 03:19 PM

Ummmmm.....have you seen hamilton's tatoos???????? Not much better

Fnazxc0114
10-20-2010, 03:40 PM
Regardless of what happens in todays game the highlight of the game happened in the top of the 1st. It was the chant of "yankees suck" in their own ballpark. Got to love those rangers fans.

gingi79
10-20-2010, 03:58 PM
Let's get back on track with the thread here.....

Play by Play announcers and Commentators are suffering from the same vicious and painful disease that the "Blog-osphere" suffers from. Thinking that because they are paid to talk out their behinds, that they should.

Let me break off a piece of truth for you. Failed athletes and ego-driven catchphrase whores have ruined sports on TV. If guys like Vin Scully aren't calling the game, save some sanity, hit mute and do the play by play and commentary yourself. Do it out loud. Ignore the look from your wife, the annoyance from your kids and the cocked head from your dog. Call it honest, "That pitch call sucked more than Paris Hilton at the Emmy's"

"He was out by 2 feet. Get your head out of your behind. If I wanted crap like that, I'd squeeze your head"

"Call the cops on this Ump and report a mugging"

People in sports can't shake the feeling that they know the game and they are so much smarted and understand it much better than we simpleton fans. Joe Morgan suffers from Foot in Mouth Disease. The game passed him by 30 years ago. Great player, condesending prick as a commentator.

But take my advice. Mute the game once and call it. You'll honestly think when you unmute, that some drunk yuppie is doing the same damn thing.

LastingsMilledge85
10-20-2010, 04:01 PM

I certainly don't like the Yankees, but could you imagine if Hamilton played for them and all the "hate" or "dislike" would go with him? It's just because of the Yankees money and past that goes with their current hate. Honestly what has A-Rod done now not to like him, what has Jeter ever done not to like him? Again, I strongly dislike the Yankees and their players, but what really have they done lately? Nothing, they even have been losing and still gaining hate.

camarokids
10-20-2010, 04:20 PM
C'mon David, you're better than that buddy!

all in fun, my friend....

camarokids
10-20-2010, 04:29 PM

I know, your right about JH, AJ has them on his back and I don't want to know where else :eek:.... what is up with all the tattoo's and MLB players? Make them look like trailer trash.....Who is the guy with a tat on his neck? Just crazy....

I actually like Jeter, but all the off field stuff of arod just makes me roll my eye's.....

LastingsMilledge85
10-20-2010, 05:12 PM
I know, your right about JH, AJ has them on his back and I don't want to know where else :eek:.... what is up with all the tattoo's and MLB players? Make them look like trailer trash.....Who is the guy with a tat on his neck? Just crazy....

I actually like Jeter, but all the off field stuff of arod just makes me roll my eye's.....

A-Rod's antics I find comical, yeah he's incredibly obnoxious and is a must to dislike but that's who he is and who he always will be. On another note several players have neck tattoos, including Carl Crawford, Felipe Lopez and Ryan Roberts to name a few. Once they get to certain parts of the body and the amount, the Commissioner's Office will have them wear mandatory sleeves like what Justin Miller has to do.

Fnazxc0114
10-20-2010, 05:22 PM
Gorilla id rather be a billy bob as you put it as opposed to a fist pumping guido. I could give two craps about the cowboys. Gorilla there nothing wrong with you being a fair weather yankee fan. If they had the same history as the rangers then i am sure you would be an even bigger fair weather fan than you already are.

Most of those Texas fans just peeled off their Romo jersey to jump on the Ranger bandwagon. And if you think Red Sox and Yankee fans are bad, then Billy Bob Cowboy Fan at least operates in the same neighborhood of boorishness, if not worse. And Billy Bob now has a hand claw Rangers shirt with the tags still hanging off it.
I do see that this xpress guy has been carrying the flag for some time and that should be commended.
We had few Angels fans (that would admit it) around here until late '02 when they all became "long-time loyal supporters" Such is sports in America, land of front-running.

LastingsMilledge85
10-20-2010, 05:28 PM
Side track on the game but has anyone, primarily Rangers fans, that Matt Treanor keeps changing his uniform number from 15 to 20 to back to 15 again? I just find it odd that I player can keep changing his number throughout the course of the season and into the post-season.

Fnazxc0114
10-20-2010, 05:32 PM
As ron washington would say "That how he do it"

gorilla777
10-20-2010, 06:08 PM
Gorilla id rather be a billy bob as you put it as opposed to a fist pumping guido. I could give two craps about the cowboys. Gorilla there nothing wrong with you being a fair weather yankee fan. If they had the same history as the rangers then i am sure you would be an even bigger fair weather fan than you already are.

If you are saying you are a Billy Bob, then good for you. I am not a guido and you probably offended a few people by using that term. I am also no fair weather fan, pal. I have been a fan probably longer than you have been around. Your childish attitude is a joke and your posts prove that point as well. Make sure you know what you are talking about before spouting off.

Fnazxc0114
10-20-2010, 06:30 PM
Gorilla poor little you . You dont think you offended anyone by calling rangers fans billy bob's? Remember gorilla no matter what happens in this series keep your fist pump strong. Yankees played a good one so far today, and if they keep it up looks like its coming back to the sticks.

Fnazxc0114
10-20-2010, 06:40 PM
"Land of front running" that explains why your a fair weather yankee fan. I would never root for the yankees. I guess watching the game tonight it proves traffic doesnt matter if your winning. Shows how poor your excuse was for why the fair weather fans cleared out the other nights.

kellsox
10-20-2010, 06:41 PM
The fact that this thread has carried on so long with so few comments made about the initial title speaks volumes about the state of this site- no one is home... this should have been locked a while ago and the personal mud continues to fly about fist pumping and billy bobs....
Its a different place than it was a year or 2 ago and not for the better. Great collectors that regularly posted are no longer heard from. No sign of an auction for a year. A new selling format that has been talked about for a while has not materialized despite an announcement made 3 months ago stating that it was coming "soon". Oh well........just a few observations
k

ferro39
10-20-2010, 06:43 PM
not to interrupt your trolling, but the 4pm start has a lot to do with that

plenty of time to get home and get to sleep

gorilla777
10-20-2010, 06:57 PM
"Land of front running" that explains why your a fair weather yankee fan. I would never root for the yankees. I guess watching the game tonight it proves traffic doesnt matter if your winning. Shows how poor your excuse was for why the fair weather fans cleared out the other nights.

Keep talking, it is only cementing you as an idiot. Again, get your facts straight. I never made any comments about traffic in NYC; that was another member. I do not live in NY either. My reference about front running was about Angels fans a few years ago.

gorilla777
10-20-2010, 07:00 PM
Gorilla poor little you . You dont think you offended anyone by calling rangers fans billy bob's? Remember gorilla no matter what happens in this series keep your fist pump strong. Yankees played a good one so far today, and if they keep it up looks like its coming back to the sticks.

Little kid is overly sensitive about things.

And someone else made a comment about the sticks. Again, read the facts before you spout.

Fnazxc0114
10-20-2010, 07:19 PM
How am i trolling? Usually trolls dont frequent the same forum for the amount of time i have this one. Fero you sure your not the troll?

not to interrupt your trolling, but the 4pm start has a lot to do with that

plenty of time to get home and get to sleep

ferro39
10-20-2010, 07:35 PM
i mentioned the "sticks" and i was joking...and if i wasnt clear enough for some people, i said as much earlier today. call me biased, but i would venture to say that labeled ny'ers as a bunch of guidos is way more offensive than referring to arlington as the sticks

as for trolling, i tried to explain a couple of times why people would leave the game early, but again, it was only met with more cries of ny'ers being fist pumping meat head guidos and how you cant take your kids to yankees games because we're a bunch of savages

i dont know. ive been going out of my way to be civil in this thread, but everything falls back on guido this or guido that. i would actually hope you are trolling because if you're not, you just come off as incredibly offensive

Fnazxc0114
10-20-2010, 07:38 PM
Either way im not too excited about teh series coming back to texas. Its going to hurt the checkbook. Of all the rangers games i have ever been to when they played the yankees i have never sat next to one of their fans that wasnt an obnoxious jerk. Wonder why it is so hard for the yankees fans to show the same class the yankees do? Especially since odds are those so-called fair weather bandwagon fans have never been to Yankee stadium.

yankees506
10-20-2010, 07:41 PM
keep your fist pump strong.

Im just gonna say the only people who "fist pump" live in jersey, we have a tradition of raising our bats here in the Bronx. just fyi

Fnazxc0114
10-20-2010, 07:44 PM
If i offended you i apologize and i wont refer to NY fans as guido's from this point on. The stadium realy is in the middle of nowhere, it is about 20 miles from dallas and 30 miles from Ft. Worth. That may not sound far but the majority of the fans are north of those areas. I hate driving an hour plus to get to the game and 2+ hours to get home but it has never caused me to leave a game early. Even if i wanted to my wife who is a rangers homer wouldnt let me. Referring to the area of the stadium as being in the sticks and using the term billy bob implies red neck, etc. Its the same crap anybody from texas who has travelled abroad has heard their whole lives. If you cant take comments it would be best not to dish them out. But, like i said i wont use the term guido anymore.

i mentioned the "sticks" and i was joking...and if i wasnt clear enough for some people, i said as much earlier today. call me biased, but i would venture to say that labeled ny'ers as a bunch of guidos is way more offensive than referring to arlington as the sticks

as for trolling, i tried to explain a couple of times why people would leave the game early, but again, it was only met with more cries of ny'ers being fist pumping meat head guidos and how you cant take your kids to yankees games because we're a bunch of savages

i dont know. ive been going out of my way to be civil in this thread, but everything falls back on guido this or guido that. i would actually hope you are trolling because if you're not, you just come off as incredibly offensive

Fnazxc0114
10-20-2010, 07:47 PM
I guess raising bats is better than what gets raised in texas. They hand out CHL's here about like DMV does drivers licenses.

Im just gonna say the only people who "fist pump" live in jersey, we have a tradition of raising our bats here in the Bronx. just fyi

yankees506
10-20-2010, 07:52 PM
Back to the topic, the coverage is terrible, i liked chip caray last year, he has a "joe buck" type voice that is made for big games (yes he makes mistakes, so do you and i). It seems to me like ernie (stick to the other bball) johnson is waiting for the rangers to do the yankees in.

Fnazxc0114
10-20-2010, 07:55 PM
I think for any fan that is used to hearing their guys for 162 games any change sucks. Worst part is our play by play guy is gone next year so it will be somebody new.

ferro39
10-20-2010, 09:12 PM
vin scully should just call every game

xpress34
10-20-2010, 09:13 PM
I didn't try to make it sound that way dealing with the ratings. I was just saying i think that the ratings will be bad with those two teams. And we as Yankee fans get treated like sh*t alot more than others. And i'll be happy if the Giants or Phillies win the world series, just not happy if the Rangers do because i cant stand acouple of their players(Hamilton is the biggest one). And how are the yankees classless. I'm sorry we dont have ten different uniforms, or flying monkeys or rags you wave around.

Yanks-

PLEASE show me below where I ever used the word 'classless'. Never came out of my mouth and definitely not written by me in my post either. I reserve that word for people and issues I really can't stand. Even in a heated debate like this here I wouldn't drop to that level about sports or people who follow/support their teams.

Are Yankees fans a Pain in the @$$? In my opinion yes - for the exact reasons I posted in my post that I also quoted below.

Again, if that wasn't what you meant, I understand - but can you see where the way it was stated it could be perceived that way?

- Smitty

Originally Posted by xpress34
Legal -

- Smitty

xpress34
10-20-2010, 09:23 PM

GO-Rilla :)

Yes, I have been a Rangers fan since the start. I was a JR Ranger in 1973, 1974 and 1975... went back to D/FW for the 1st games at the new ballpark.

(Side note here to Yankees fans - the 1st game at the Ballpark was an OLD TIMERS game sponsored by Upper Deck. I got to high five THE MICK as he made his way around the park in a Corvette Covertible as he was the Honorary Captain of the AL Old Timer's team. Sadly it was also The Mick's LAST public appearance in Yankees pinstripes before he passed away the following August of 1995)

Anyway, thanks for noticing that I am not a bandwagon guy here - but can we please keep the topic on post about the Rangers/Yankees ALCS. Not pretty and not making yourself look good draggin in the NFL (Cowboys) just to get people hot - or hotter here. Just some friendly advice.

- Smitty

xpress34
10-20-2010, 09:37 PM
I certainly don't like the Yankees, but could you imagine if Hamilton played for them and all the "hate" or "dislike" would go with him? It's just because of the Yankees money and past that goes with their current hate. Honestly what has A-Rod done now not to like him, what has Jeter ever done not to like him? Again, I strongly dislike the Yankees and their players, but what really have they done lately? Nothing, they even have been losing and still gaining hate.

Lastings my man...

I don't hate Jeter (see earlier post), but I do dislike the Yankees. Why do I HATE @$$Rod... I laid that out in another post on another thread here sometime back....

Has to with him being a back stabbing, greedy, self indulgent diva. Yeah, that about covers it in basic terms.

The long and the short - after becoming a FA from the Mariners and signing with Texas, he's in the 3rd year of a CONTRACT he AGREED to... now, Tom Hicks is no saint and obviously an idiot sports owner (or rather former). When Hicks wanted to send him to Boston, he said he wanted to stay and HONOR his contract (also stating he did NOT want to move to 3rd - Boston had Nomar in his prime then). Rangers award his Loyalty by naming him the 1st Captain EVER in Rangers history. (Sundberg never was, O'Brien never was, Bell never was, etc) The next week, the Yankees decide to throw a flyer out Texas' way and @$$rod can't WAIT to bolt (honor your contract?) and even OFFERS to swap positions and go to 3rd for his (now estranged) buddy Derek Jeter. The all the other crap that happened after - capped by his 'IT'S ABOUT ME - NOT MLB' announcement of his new contract with NYY DURING Game 4 of the 2007 World Series. He can't even respect the game to let the series finish first?

So yeah, in a nutshell, that is why I HATE him. That will never change. And with his admission of Steroid use (and I'm sure it was more than just the Texas years) his 600 HRs are a JOKE. His 50+ years in Texas and even many of his 40+ might have been high 20's to mid 30's without the juice. I have no more respect for him than I do Bonds - and I don't respect Bonds at all.

You asked why people dis-like him, there's my reasons.

All the best -

Smitty

yankees506
10-20-2010, 09:39 PM
Break it up fellas please, lets give this one more try! does anyone know who has the ws? Please lord not T(he)B(alony)S(station)

xpress34
10-20-2010, 09:58 PM
Alright... now that I've covered the other topics posted today, my hat is off to the Yankees for battling back today.

I didn't get to see the game (it started at 2pm here in Denver and some of us do have to work for a living) but heard some of it on the radio (ESPN 1600 AM - Denver) and it sounds like the Rangers did themselves in with bad plays and such, but - again - hats off to Yankees pitching. 13 hits for Texas and they could only get 2 runs?

I honestly didn't think it would end with 3 in a row in NY, but I do think that Friday will be a different Rangers team than today. They will be energized by their fans and by the prospect of setting up Cliff Lee to pitch Game 1 of the 2010 WS.

As I have said many times here - and elsewhere - although there are teams I dislike (Yankees, Red Sox, Phillies), I am a fan of the GAME even though I root for the Rangers and the Rockies.

I have ONE tattoo - and it's NOT the Texas T or Rox CR it's:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v738/xpress34/DSC00472.jpg

Right below my neck where the MLB logo sits on Jerseys. I chose the Stars and Stripes version for TWO reasons - LOVE of COUNTRY (I am a disabled Vet - 12 years USAF) and LOVE of GAME.

I never meant to start name calling - so you 'Guido' and 'Billy Bob' name calling DAs (and I don't mean District Atty) - so PLEASE cut it out.

There have been some good constructive posts here, but some are just mean and spiteful.

All I ask is that you THINK before you speak (or write).

Thanks -

Smitty

xpress34
10-20-2010, 10:01 PM
Break it up fellas please, lets give this one more try! does anyone know who has the ws? Please lord not T(he)B(alony)S(station)

Yankees -

MLB in order to make MORE revenue has THREE MLB contracts for ASG and Post Season:

MLB ASG Home Run Derby - ESPN
MLB ASG - FOX

ALDS - TBS
NLDS - TBS

ALCS - TBS
NLCS - FOX

WS - FOX

And congrats to your Yanks for fighting to stay alive today.

xpress34
10-20-2010, 10:13 PM
vin scully should just call every game
+1

And for every team. They should clone him.

Personally, I think that when Vin's time comes, they need to rename the Ford Frick Award to the Vin Scully Award.

I never met Frick, but what I've heard and read, he was a very petty man who looked down on those he felt were 'below' him - look at what he did to Maris when he was chasing Ruth's record. It was a petty and selfish act - especially in his position as Commissioner - because he was friends with Ruth and was Ruth's 'ghostwriter' on his auto-biography.

I have met Vin twice (including the Rockies last home stand this year) and he is still as nice as ever to anyone who wants to talk with him.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v738/xpress34/scan0011.jpg

The picture is from like 5 years ago, but I just got Vin to sign it AND he signed another baseball for me as well.

Fnazxc0114
10-21-2010, 12:02 AM
watching mlb tv tonight the guys had the line "giants steal another from the phillies" I guess saying they got outpitched and outhit wouldnt of played into their obvious bias. Should be a good matchup in fridays games.

xpress34
10-21-2010, 06:47 AM
I never meant to start name calling - so you 'Guido' and 'Billy Bob' name calling DAs (and I don't mean District Atty) - so PLEASE cut it out.

That should read - 'I never meant for this thread to start any name calling." Not me personally, because I don't think I've called anyone a name here - except for maybe @$$rod... :D

BULBUS
10-21-2010, 08:20 AM

Sorry, but as a New Jersian, I had to go back to this post. Fist pumpers do NOT live/come from NJ. Those clowns you see on "Jersey Shore" are NOT from NJ. They are from Staten Island (which is NY), and NY. People watch that show and think thats how people from NJ are. The fact is that we call them "Bennies" and they take over the Jersey Shore every year.

And every team has their obnoxious fans.

-Chris

Fnazxc0114
10-21-2010, 12:17 PM
xpress you realy hurt my feelings when you called me a da. lol Hey im going to wait and see how this series plays out before i send the stuff i picked up for you. Got you an extra program cups and towels. Hope we move on and i can send some WS stuff along as well.

xpress34
10-21-2010, 01:07 PM
xpress you realy hurt my feelings when you called me a da. lol Hey im going to wait and see how this series plays out before i send the stuff i picked up for you. Got you an extra program cups and towels. Hope we move on and i can send some WS stuff along as well.

Fnazxc -

Glad you understood where I was coming from. Just trying to 'dose the flames' from the fires that were sparking up...

Thanks so much for putting together the Rangers 'CARE' package for me.

I honestly wasn't expecting the win going into yesterday. The yanks pitched us hard on the pitches they had to make. 13 hits and only 2 runs? That says a ton about how well they induced flyouts and double play grounders.

I do feel confident about Colby tomorrow - especially knowing a win sets up the rotation for the WS perfectly with Lee ready for Game 1.

I have an MRI on my knee tomorrow at 12:30pm (Denver time), so I'll be sitting around after waiting for the game to start and wearing this jersey:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v738/xpress34/DSC04587.jpg

or this one:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v738/xpress34/Memorabilia/Jerseys/Ryan932.jpg

or this one:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v738/xpress34/Memorabilia/Jerseys/RyanBP2.jpg

or this one:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v738/xpress34/Memorabilia/Jerseys/Xpress34Blue.jpg

or this one:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v738/xpress34/Memorabilia/Jerseys/Xpress34White2.jpg

DAMN I can't decide!!! :D

All the best -

Smitty

P.S. - do you ever go to Spring Training? If not, you should. Surprise is probably the MOST fan friendly (Ranger side at least) that I have ever been to. So even though I don't get to Dalas much any more, I do get my Ranger fix in early in the season!

Fnazxc0114
10-21-2010, 02:41 PM
The wife and i went a few times before we started having kids. They are almost old enough to enjoy the trip. Funny thing is the wife and i were talking of planning a trip for next year. It is a blast and the last time we went was in 06.

xpress34
10-21-2010, 05:27 PM
If you decide to go, let me know. I do Spring Training for at least a week EVERY year, so I will be there again this year!

- Chris

xpress34
10-23-2010, 09:57 AM
I loved watching Hunter go over and SOAK that Sager guy from TBS in the clubhouse after the game last night! Too bad he wasn't still wearing one of those ugly sports coats he likes to sport!

Fnazxc0114
10-23-2010, 01:10 PM
my wife and i laughed our rear off because tommy had devil eyes while doing it. Reminded me of my two year old when he does something he knows he probably shouldnt be doing.

Fnazxc0114
10-23-2010, 01:21 PM
xpress we have tickets for the WS so ill send you a program from that and whatever they are giving away. Ill get everything out to you after the series is over.

xpress34
10-23-2010, 04:51 PM
xpress we have tickets for the WS so ill send you a program from that and whatever they are giving away. Ill get everything out to you after the series is over.

Fnazxc -

You are the MAN!!! Enjoy the WS!!! That is the only Series I couldn't afford a ticket for when the Rox went in 2007.

All the best -

Smitty

xpress34
10-23-2010, 11:47 PM
If/once you beat the yankees in this series, you wont win the WS.

P.S

Yanks -

Not trying to pour salt in the wound, but thought this article was interesting based on your statements:

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-alcsratings

- Smitty

sox83cubs84
10-24-2010, 02:50 PM
Well, no more man-crushes on the Yankees from TBS....we now have Fox doing a Yankee-less World Series (the best kind;) ).

Dave Miedema

LastingsMilledge85
10-24-2010, 03:48 PM
Anyway you slice it FOX is still awful. They don't know the teams and in some instances, don't know the game.

Fnazxc0114
10-24-2010, 06:39 PM
As long as erik karros is nowhere near the states of ca and tx when the series is going on ill be fine. If you didnt know anything about him or his career if you listened to one of his broadcast you would think he was a hof'er who never made a mistake.

gingi79
10-24-2010, 08:27 PM
As long as erik karros is nowhere near the states of ca and tx when the series is going on ill be fine. If you didnt know anything about him or his career if you listened to one of his broadcast you would think he was a hof'er who never made a mistake.

Thank you saying that! I listened to that putz during the Giants/Braves series and he was just brainless in his commentary, obviously referring to press releases about Heyward and Posey rather than seeing them play.

I'm a Braves fanatic and I love me some Jason Heyward but Buster Posey played often enough to make judgments about him that were based on stats after August. I'll argue for my guy over Posey all day with Giants fans but no matter who wins, we all do as Baseball fans having them in the sport. Karros bashed Posey and praised Jason as a clutch player but when the chips were down in Sept/Oct, Posey came through and Heyward struggled a bit.

Eric Karros is an obvious one time wonder who was a talented but not spectacular MLB player. His commentary is biased and flawed. In other words he is just as useless and incompetent as every other "expert" raping our ears on tv and radio today.

sox83cubs84
10-24-2010, 10:48 PM
At least we won't have to deal with Joe Morgan on the coverage. That guy makes Karros look humble.

Dave Miedema