PDA

View Full Version : Whatever happened to...

kellsox
10-16-2010, 06:48 AM
GUU Auctions
the GUU store
the new selling format mentioned several times over the last few years and most recently a couple months ago?
k

ChrisCavalier
10-16-2010, 01:47 PM
There is a team, consisting of GUU members, a few of our moderators, developers and others that is working on developing a new marketplace for the site. Things are progressing well and we will be providing updates as we get gain more visibility in terms of an actual launch date.

At this point, I would say there is really no need to ask a whole lot of questions as we will be providing updates when we are ready and those updates will likely answer any questions you might have.

Sincerely,
Chris

BostonSportsFan
10-16-2010, 04:33 PM
There is a team, consisting of GUU members, a few of our moderators, developers and others that is working on developing a new marketplace for the site. Things are progressing well and we will be providing updates as we get gain more visibility in terms of an actual launch date.

At this point, I would say there is really no need to ask a whole lot of questions as we will be providing updates when we are ready and those updates will likely answer any questions you might have.

Sincerely,
Chris

Mr. Cavelier, I see the above response could you tell us if there are any future plans to run another Game Used Universe Auction like your past fall auction from last year or has this new platform that we are all so eagerly anticipating replaced that format?

I am sure that I speak for all the other members of Game Used Universe who would much rather consign higher quality items to your well established platform instead of auction houses such as Lelands and Robert Edward Auctions.

Although I personally have never purchased or consigned to the Game Used Universe auctions in the past, I have heard nothing but great praise for the marketing efforts and overall quality of the auction format.

Hopefully we will see another future GUU auction in the not too distant future.

Joe

ChrisCavalier
10-22-2010, 12:19 AM
Mr. Cavelier, I see the above response could you tell us if there are any future plans to run another Game Used Universe Auction like your past fall auction from last year or has this new platform that we are all so eagerly anticipating replaced that format?

I am sure that I speak for all the other members of Game Used Universe who would much rather consign higher quality items to your well established platform instead of auction houses such as Lelands and Robert Edward Auctions.

Although I personally have never purchased or consigned to the Game Used Universe auctions in the past, I have heard nothing but great praise for the marketing efforts and overall quality of the auction format.

Hopefully we will see another future GUU auction in the not too distant future.

Joe
Hello Joe,

Thank you for your post and sorry for the delay in responding. To answer your question, we are actually planning a somewhat new and innovative format for the site that we believe will be the most advanced in market in terms of weeding out suspect merchandise and helping buyers discriminate between legitimate and the questionable items. We believe this platform will be an enhancement to other platforms that have been, and are being, used.

To be clear, as has always been the case, our goal is not to sell as many items as possible. Our goal is to create a process where buyers can make informed decisions about items of interest and a marketplace that does not predispose itself to questionable items.

Again, we will be providing more information as the development progresses but I can tell you I believe our team is creating something buyers and sellers are really going to like. Sorry I can't provide more information right now but I can tell you I think this is going to be very exciting for the hobby.

Thank you once again for your patience and we look forward to trying to do all we can to make the hobby better for everyone.

Sincerely,
Chris