PDA

View Full Version : Favre is looking for a way out

Bravesfan
10-14-2010, 11:15 AM
Seems to me that Favre is looking for a way to fade away without admitting it.
All this talk about his elbow and how he may not be able to play looks to me like a good exit plan.

LastingsMilledge85
10-14-2010, 11:45 AM
Well, he just did sustain an injury in practice...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMywHFojUtY&feature=related

Bravesfan
10-14-2010, 12:11 PM
I bet if he sits out a game or two that he will retire. He has too many problems off the field right now.

legaleagle92481
10-14-2010, 12:19 PM
I predict he retires rather than miss a game if the team continues to lose . He is hurt but that has never stopped him before and him with an injury still tops a healthy Tavrais Jackson. He is done after this year no matter what anyway so why break the streak to return for a few extra games of playing out the string in a playoff-less season. He came back to get 500 tds and 70,000 yards lets face it who wouldn't if they were that close. Noone has ever reached either before and the world is obessed with round stats numbers and now he has gotten there. The NFL investigation is not going to be a factor, if they find anything there they will drag their heels until he retires at which point he is no longer a league employee and not subject to the conduct policy.

Bravesfan
10-14-2010, 12:24 PM
I really dont think the league will drag their heals on this. A large part of the fan base is women and after the Rothisberger incident I don't think they want anyone to think they in any way condone this type of behavour. The league will do what it can to save face, no matter who is in the way.

Jags Fan Dan
10-14-2010, 12:42 PM
This is an interesting theory, and I can't say I disagree with it. It would make a lot of sense for him to get out now, go and try to salvage his marriage (if possible) and get out of the spotlight once and for all.

cjclong
10-14-2010, 03:29 PM
Saw a cartoon of Farve sitting at a press table saying,"Its been thrilling and exciting and I hate to quit..." and aide sitting next to him saying," Brett, you can't retire from a sex scandal."

both-teams-played-hard
10-14-2010, 04:53 PM
Cel phone photo of "little" Brett Favre:
http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/2946/lilbrettfavre.jpg

sox83cubs84
10-15-2010, 03:55 PM
Diva Favre insists on being the center of attention in the NFL the entire offseason...hope he enjoys being the center of attention now, for this.

Dave Miedema

AWA85
10-15-2010, 05:08 PM
Deanna Favre issued a statement regarding Brett's texting today, informing people that "the explicit photos were meant to be sent to me, but in staying true to Brett's form, they were intercepted."

Jags Fan Dan
10-15-2010, 06:03 PM
Some funny ones on here!:D Nice one, Adam!

Bravesfan
10-15-2010, 11:01 PM
Lol :d

otismalibu
10-16-2010, 06:14 PM
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb110/otismalibu/Favre1.jpg

jake33
10-18-2010, 07:17 PM
Living in Wisconsin for over 26 years, I can say there have been rumors of favre cheating that this state has elected to be quiet about.

Well think about this though, if MARRIED who you were dating when you were 14 and then made over $200 million and became a national icon, do you think you would cheat on your wife? Hate to say it, but don't think it is an unreasonable thing at all.

legaleagle92481
10-18-2010, 09:25 PM
Living in Wisconsin for over 26 years, I can say there have been rumors of favre cheating that this state has elected to be quiet about.

Well think about this though, if MARRIED who you were dating when you were 14 and then made over $200 million and became a national icon, do you think you would cheat on your wife? Hate to say it, but don't think it is an unreasonable thing at all.

I agree. I would say most athletes cheat. Of you married guys on here (which I admit I am not) if you had millions of dollars in the bank and hordes of young women who looked like they belonged in a Victoria's Secret fashion show throwing themselves at you day after day for years and you spent long streaches of time living in hotels away from your Mrs., wouldn't you at least be tempted to cheat? Please noone answer that on here not looking to be the cause of anyone's divorce lol. Part of the deal of being a Mrs. Superstar is hubby will cheat. The wives know about it or suspect it but live with it and most of it never comes out. These mistresses know they have to be discrete and often go from player to player and in the process the players lavish gifts on them. The wives cheat as well noone cares about it so it doesn't make the news.

MLB_Authentic
10-18-2010, 10:08 PM
Looks to me like he was looking for a way in. :D

Bravesfan
10-19-2010, 01:26 AM
Just because you can do something doesn't mean that you should do it.
I take my marriage very serously. I believe that God takes it seriously too.