PDA

View Full Version : My Latest Pickup...Brooks Conrad Glove

Dewey2007
10-10-2010, 07:11 PM
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r245/bubbareds/joes20sholeyglove.jpg

camarokids
10-10-2010, 07:23 PM
Cool pick up, Gotta love Vintage stuff. Glove looks very old.

I wonder if that's how they come up with the saying, "he must have a hole in his glove"?

Do you know what year it was made?

Rob L
10-10-2010, 07:52 PM
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r245/bubbareds/joes20sholeyglove.jpg

Classic. Dude has to be on suicide watch tonite!

AWA85
10-10-2010, 08:06 PM
At first I thought it belonged to somebody on my beloved Reds team, but it shows signs and characteristics of Conrad and would guess you could photomatch it to tonight's game.

hiramman
10-10-2010, 08:52 PM
Ya'll are all just cold blooded.

kylehess10
10-10-2010, 09:21 PM
I've never in my life heard Turner Field go from as loud as I've ever heard it to as quiet as I've ever heard it within 2 seconds.

Bondsgloves
10-10-2010, 09:33 PM
I've never in my life heard Turner Field go from as loud as I've ever heard it to as quiet as I've ever heard it within 2 seconds.

You should of been at At&T Park Friday night when Ankiel hit the homer. Same thing!

schubert1970
10-10-2010, 09:35 PM
Conrad training video. "Oley!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ccUDrB_8jQ

Bravesfan
10-10-2010, 09:41 PM
I guess that is why is a 30 year old rookie.
Horrible feeling watching him miss that grounder. :(

camarokids
10-10-2010, 09:49 PM
Cool pick up, Gotta love Vintage stuff. Glove looks very old.

And I thought you were serious about the pick up. I did not realize who Brooks Conrad was till coming back and reading the new posts.....:o

kylehess10
10-10-2010, 09:54 PM
I planned on buying all of Conrad's game worn home jerseys once the Braves sell them later in the year. I believe my mind has changed.

metsbats
10-10-2010, 10:08 PM
I think Mr. Conrad should change his first name.

LastingsMilledge85
10-10-2010, 10:25 PM
Well, over the past two season Conrad has had his heroics for the Braves, I guess he was due sometime to give it back.

spartakid
10-10-2010, 10:30 PM
Wow, I was rooting for the Giants, but you just feel for the guy, man that sucks...:(

calgrad1999
10-10-2010, 11:12 PM
That's the holy grail for any Giants collector. He's contributed more to the victory than practically any of the other players.

Easily the MVP for the Giants for the NLDS.

calgrad1999
10-10-2010, 11:21 PM
Is this God's way of making up for Candy Maldonado and Jose Cruz Jr?

legaleagle92481
10-10-2010, 11:44 PM
I blame Bobby Cox it is time to sit the guy. Now it is a mental thing and he is not exactely Rod Carew or Joe Morgan with the bat so I can't see what they miss by sitting him and it is obviously bringing down the whole team.

Dewey2007
10-11-2010, 12:47 AM
Yeah Conrad had a very rough game and overall series for that matter. I haven't followed the Braves this season but it seems that their defense has exactly been gold glove quality this year. I hope the guy can bounce back from it and doesn't let it affect the rest of his career.

As an A's fan I know how it feels everytime I see Jeremy Giambi not sliding in Game 3 of the 2001 ALDS against the Yankees.

TNTtoys
10-11-2010, 12:53 AM
Brooks Robinson he is not...

sox83cubs84
10-11-2010, 03:37 PM
It think the one he's been using the last 8 games or so was made of granite...:D

Dave Miedema

mdube16
10-11-2010, 04:11 PM
In the big picture of things, this isnt all that historic. The braves most likely are the 8th best team of the 8 playoff teams and he cost them a game. The Reds couldnt pick up the ball either.

Manram
10-11-2010, 04:53 PM
I figure he is going to move infante to 2nd and start glaus at 3rd????

AndersonAuthentics
10-11-2010, 05:15 PM
I figure he is going to move infante to 2nd and start glaus at 3rd????

They announced that around noon today. Cox had to do it, it is all mental now for Conrad and he would have surely heard the displeasure of the fans were he to start today.

sportscrazy13
10-11-2010, 05:36 PM
Conrad should of never been starting in the first place. Glaus should of started third.

Conrad is a great pinch hitter late in the game... that's about it!

gingi79
10-11-2010, 09:00 PM
I can not remember a time a player has gone from hero to goat so quickly. Of course this series has had like 7 close calls that could have gone either way. In other words, it could already be over with either team winning if the questionable call goes the other way.

The Prado and Chipper injuries are the difference in this series. I think the Braves have some of the best pitching in baseball and to call them the worst of the 8 teams makes no sense. They were the best team in Baseball before the Phillies suddenly all came off injury.

What is the difference anyway? Does anyone think the Phillies are going to lose more than 1 game next round? I'd say losing to the Giants or Braves next round would be even more inept than the season the Mets lost the NL East when leading by 7 games in September. Halladay is the best pitcher in baseball, they have hitters who can kill you at every position, they are well coached and have experience.

Of course I am rooting for the Rangers and the Braves because MLB seems to have been the Phillies and Yankees and then everyone else. I'd love to see Bobby sail off into the sunset with this unimaginable WS victory. Barring the Phillies loss every guy named Roy, they are fighting to get swept.

Bravesfan
10-12-2010, 12:08 AM
As a long time Braves fan and Chipper Jones fan I must say that Prado was a much bigger loss than Jones.
I can't wait till next year when Heyward is more polished and we have Freddie Freeman at first. Freeman is going to suprise some people with his maturity and poise.

mdube16
10-12-2010, 11:57 AM
Vegas odds to win the World Series when the playoffs started:
October 7, 2010 (Las Vegas, Nevada) –

Betting odds for the 2010 MLB playoffs . . .

World Series Betting Odds:

Philledelphia Phillies +250 (29% chance)
New York Yankees +370 (21% chance)
Tampa Bay Rays +550 (15% chance)
San Francisco Giants +1000 (9% chance)
Minnesota Twins +1150 (8% chance)
Texas Rangers +1250 (7% chance)
Cincinnati Reds +1600 (6% chance)
Atlanta Braves +1800 (5% chance)

kylehess10
10-13-2010, 07:17 PM
A friend texted me yesterday saying she was at Turner Field trying to get some autos from players after they cleaned out their locker. I asked if anyone ever gives out equipment since I've never been at Turner Field for locker cleanout day and she said she's never seen it happen before.

An hour later, she texted me again saying Brook Conrad came out and gave out a bat to everyone outside, as well as his last 2 game worn hats.

Despite his horrific game, he's such a great guy and I think he deserved the standing ovation during NLDS Game 4

lakeerie92
10-13-2010, 08:38 PM
A friend texted me yesterday saying she was at Turner Field trying to get some autos from players after they cleaned out their locker. I asked if anyone ever gives out equipment since I've never been at Turner Field for locker cleanout day and she said she's never seen it happen before.

An hour later, she texted me again saying Brook Conrad came out and gave out a bat to everyone outside, as well as his last 2 game worn hats.

Despite his horrific game, he's such a great guy and I think he deserved the standing ovation during NLDS Game 4

Traffic was so bad after game 3 I decided to go around to the player lot after game 4 and get some autographs. When Brooks came out he signed for everybody and looked everyone in the eyes and thanked them for all of their support. The Braves would have never even made it to the playoffs if it wasn't for Brooks. I hope he comes back.

As for autographs that night it was a good night. Moylan, Venters, Conrad, Dunn, Infante, Ross, Ankiel, Hanson, McCann, and Heyward all signed for everyone out there. In fact Heyward was out there so long I didn't realize he was still at the gate signing 15 minutes later. He signed until no one else put anything in front of him.

kylehess10
10-14-2010, 12:32 AM
Traffic was so bad after game 3 I decided to go around to the player lot after game 4 and get some autographs. When Brooks came out he signed for everybody and looked everyone in the eyes and thanked them for all of their support. The Braves would have never even made it to the playoffs if it wasn't for Brooks. I hope he comes back.

As for autographs that night it was a good night. Moylan, Venters, Conrad, Dunn, Infante, Ross, Ankiel, Hanson, McCann, and Heyward all signed for everyone out there. In fact Heyward was out there so long I didn't realize he was still at the gate signing 15 minutes later. He signed until no one else put anything in front of him.

unfreakinbelieveable. I've heard that Heyward hasn't signed at all this season! This is the first season though where I haven't been to the player parking lot. I used to be there 5 hours prior to gametime and I'd stay 2 hours afterwards as well. I've gotten so much out of autographs though. This season was more for being a ballhawk for me.

lakeerie92
10-14-2010, 11:09 AM
unfreakinbelieveable. I've heard that Heyward hasn't signed at all this season! This is the first season though where I haven't been to the player parking lot. I used to be there 5 hours prior to gametime and I'd stay 2 hours afterwards as well. I've gotten so much out of autographs though. This season was more for being a ballhawk for me.

Ross, McCann, Hanson, and Ankiel all rode together and pranked the fans waiting. They all came out late and stood in an almost empty parking lot talking. Then they all got in the car and ignored the fans except to say not tonight that they were going home. They pulled the car around to leave and stopped in front of the gate and they all got out and signed.

It was the only night I went out there all season and I wasn't going to get any autographs, but Infante stood there signing so long that I finally decided just to have him sign a ball I had, then everybody else came too and signed. It was cool because by the time everybody started coming over to sign there were only 10 or fewer people out there so you could actually hold a conversation with they players too. I tried to get Heyward to sign my ball ROY but he laughed and wouldn't do it.