PDA

View Full Version : Lyle Alzado Signed G/U Denver Broncos Helmet

NYRangers
10-10-2010, 05:48 PM
For your consideration is an authentic game used Denver Broncos football helmet, manufactured in June 1978 as indicated by the heat stamp inside, with 1976 also ink stamped inside, and with decal numerals #77 applied to the rear and #77 written inside in marker. The helmet has a vintage autograph of Lyle Alzado on one ear pad. The helmet comes with an LOA attributing it to be a game used and autographed Lyle Alzado Broncos helmet. The LOA was written and signed by Doug Allen (formerly of Mastro and currently of Legendary Auctions). It appears in all respects to be a genuine Alzado lid from the Orange Crush era but I asked another authenticator to look it over. He agrees that it is an authentic game worn Broncos helmet manufactured in June 1978 but it is his opinion that the decal numerals and the inked 77 inside were applied more recently and the helmet is not Alzado’s. So it comes with Doug Allen’s LOA but I consider the other guy to be the true gold standard.
There you have it. A genuine, heavily worn Denver Broncos helmet from Denver’s first golden era at Mile High Stadium, signed by Alzado and attributed by LOA to be a game used Alzado helmet. It will make an incredible additional to your football shrine. Figure about 20 bucks for UPS ground shipping.
$500 O/B/O

NYRangers
10-10-2010, 05:50 PM
I can be reached at:
dmzeverg@ptd.net

NYRangers
10-18-2010, 07:05 PM
Back up.
Some nibbles but no bites yet!

NYRangers
10-28-2010, 08:34 PM
Now's your chance.