PDA

View Full Version : Last game of the season...Game used Bonanza???

lehmsbobby
10-02-2010, 02:52 PM
Hey guys so i am heading to the Giants Padres game tomorrow, and if the giants win today and the braves win the padres are ousted, and they will probably not make the playoffs.

Thus after the game the padres will probably be done for the season. Do the players usually give away a lot of their gear after the last game. Any stories of this?

LastingsMilledge85
10-02-2010, 03:52 PM
Typically toss their caps into the stands, but if the Padres lose a heart breaker and don't make the postseason...then I wouldn't even bother.

OaklandAsFan
10-02-2010, 05:09 PM
back in the day players used to go crazy, I have seen them throw their hats, and batting gloves into the stands and go get all the bats that are in the dugout and hand them out.

Nowadays with the market where it is and these guys all having contracts good luck getting anything besides a wristband or batting glove.

For the A's, in the early 2000's they used to give out a ton but the last few years Jack Cust was the only guy to do anything and he would wait until everyone had gone but the core group of season ticket holders that sit in Sec 119 and come back out with about a dozen bats to hand out.

kudu
10-02-2010, 05:42 PM
Hey guys so i am heading to the Giants Padres game tomorrow, and if the giants win today and the braves win the padres are ousted, and they will probably not make the playoffs.

Thus after the game the padres will probably be done for the season. Do the players usually give away a lot of their gear after the last game. Any stories of this?

Weird thing is, if the Padres win today and Braves lose today, then the Padres lose tomorrow and the Braves lose tomorrow, both Giants and Padres could be celebrating going into the playoffs, on the same field. ;)

lakeerie92
10-02-2010, 06:24 PM
Weird thing is, if the Padres win today and Braves lose today, then the Padres lose tomorrow and the Braves lose tomorrow, both Giants and Padres could be celebrating going into the playoffs, on the same field. ;)

That isn't right, if the Braves and Padres lose tomorrow they are tied and go into a one game playoff.

kudu
10-02-2010, 06:44 PM
Thats right, my mistake. I was thinking their records were tied prior to todays games.

Dach0sen0ne
10-02-2010, 06:53 PM
The Tigers have already started the sale of home stuff, BP jerseys, pants and jackets. I'm sure more stuff to come. Hopefully I can pick up something good. :D

Chris78
10-03-2010, 12:08 PM
My experience this past season in the minor leagues:

Lehigh Valley Ironpigs (9/6) last game...some players gave away hats, batting gloves, some bats, etc., and they did lose this game in 12 innings. I did not get anything, but there was some stuff given away. Definitely more than the last two games mentioned.

Harrisburg Senators (9/11): Several hats were given away after their playoff loss, Chris Marrero gave away about 7 or so cracked bats that were his, Devin Ivany gave away some batting gloves, etc. I did get a cracked bat, a hat, and one batting glove, along with the lineup card and a carbonated copy of the Altoona Curve lineup. My best game ever for game used as well.

Greenville Drive @ Lakewood Blueclaws in Championship game(9/18): I was at both sides. Greenville Drive did not give away anything that I saw and it was really crowded at the dugout. Lakewood Blueclaws I got to this side afterwards and did not get anything, but a lot of players were gone by then. Saw some bats and batting gloves given away. It looked like the bat boy got a game used hat from a player as well, but remember I did not see everything.

Altoona Curve @ Trenton Thunder in Championship game(9/18): Trenton lost this game so I was on their side first. Went to the 5 bullpen pitchers to ask for hats and came away empty. Went to the opposite side of the Trenton dugout and Austin Romine threw a batting glove up behind me. Saw a few bats were given away, batting gloves, but not a lot of stuff. Altoona was still celebrating and got over there in time. A few players threw their hats and maybe a few batting gloves, balls, bat or two, etc.

In my opinion, a lot of this depends on luck and being in the right place at the right time. If the player recognizes you that would help as well. I only did well at one of the four games, but did very well there. The other 3 games were disappointments. The Atlantic League playoffs did not work out for me to have the final opportunity and my only chance today was to go to Baltimore against Detroit, but I elected to watch the NFL instead.

Chris

LastingsMilledge85
10-03-2010, 05:34 PM
Adam Dunn handed out two bats today that appeared to be game ready.

Klattsy
10-03-2010, 11:39 PM
The Tigers have already started the sale of home stuff, BP jerseys, pants and jackets. I'm sure more stuff to come. Hopefully I can pick up something good. :D

G'day mate, do you know if there is any Brad Thomas stuff available? I was waiting on an email from Mark but haven't got one yet...

Thanks,
Mark.

geoff
10-04-2010, 02:44 PM
Some Orioles Players gave away Game Used Hats And Undershirts after Sundays Game.Josh Bell gave away 2 Game Used Pairs of Batting Gloves on Saturday Night after He hit Batting Practice.

Thanks
Geoff