PDA

View Full Version : Benefit Auction For Ncaa Hockey Equipment Manager

olsone21
10-02-2010, 10:19 AM
NCAA COLLECTORS, HERE IS A CHANCE TO HELP ONE OF COLLEGE HOCKEY’S GOOD GUYS, AND BID ON SOME GREAT NCAA AND PRO HOCKEY GAME WORN JERSEYS AND MEMORABILIA. CHRIS GARNER, HOCKEY EQUIPMENT MANAGER AT THE UNIVERSITY OF MINNESOTA, DULUTH IS CURRENTLY BATTLING MDS (MYELODYSPLATIC SYNDROME), FORMERLY KNOWN AS PRE-LEUKEMIA. CHRIS WAS DIAGNOSED WITH THIS DISEASE EARLIER THIS YEAR AND IS CURRENTLY WAITING ON A POTENTIALLY LIFE SAVING BONE MARROW TRANSPLANT. IF CHRIS DOES NOT RECEIVE A BONE MARROW TRANSPLANT, THE RISK OF HIS CURRENT BONE MARROW TRANSITIONING INTO AML (ACUTE MYELOGENOUS LEUKEMIA) WOULD BE EXTREMELY HIGH. FORTUNATELY, A DONOR MATCH FOR CHRIS WAS FOUND IN JUNE OF 2010 AND CHRIS HAS BEGUN THE TRANSPLANT PROCESS AT THE MAYO CLINIC. THE BONE MARROW TRANSPLANT IS A VERY EXPENSIVE PROCEDURE AND CHRIS MUST BARE SOME OF MEDICAL COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH THE PROCEDURE ALONG WITH THE COSTS OF RELOCATING TO ROCHESTER, MN FOR THE TREATMENT UNTIL HE IS CLEARED TO RETURN TO WORK AT THE DECC (UMD’S HOME RINK) AND MOVE BACK HOME TO DULUTH.

JEREMIAH MINKEL, ST CLOUD STATE HOCKEY EQUIPMENT MANAGER, MET CHRIS WHEN THEY WERE BOTH STUDENT ASSISTANTS AT SCSU AND THEY HAVE BEEN CLOSE FRIENDS EVER SINCE. JEREMIAH HAS PUT TOGETHER AN ON-LINE AUCTION THAT WILL BE STARTING OCTOBER 23 TO RAISE FUNDS TO HELP OFFSET CHRIS’S MEDICAL COSTS NOT COVERED BY INSURANCE. HE IS ACCUMULATING A VERY IMPRESSIVE LIST OF SPORTS AND ENTERTAINMENT MEMORABLIA AMONG OTHER THINGS TO GO ON THE AUCTION.

INCLUDED IN THIS ARE SOME IMPRESSIVE NCAA AND PRO HOCKEY MEMORABILIA AND JERSEYS. THE NCAA DIVISION I COMMUNITY HAS RALLIED AROUND CHRIS’S CAUSE AND CURRENTLY JEREMIAH HAS RECEIVED A GAME WORN, GAME ISSUE, OR UNNUMBERED JERSEYS FROM 40 DI PROGRAMS, WITH COMMITMENTS FROM SEVERAL MORE. HE HOPES TO HAVE AT LEAST ONE JERSEY FROM ALL 57 DI PROGRAMS TO AUCTION. OTHER HOCKEY ITEMS COMING IN ARE A VARIETY OF STICKS AND GAMEWORN JERSEYS,FROM THE PEORIA RIVERMEN (AHL), SOUTHERN MINNESOTA EXPRESS (NAHL), AND AUTOGRAPHED JERSEYS FROM THE PORTLAND WINTERHAWKS (GAMEWORN “C” JERSEY, TEAM AUTOGRAPHED), COLORADO AVALANCHE #9 SAKIC, AUTOGRAPHED BY MR. SAKIC), AND A 2009-2010 WASHINGTON CAPITALS TEAM AUTOGRAPHED PRACTICE JERSEY.

THE FULL DESCRIPTIONS AND PICTURES WILL BE ON THE SITE AND I WILL POST AGAIN ON SPECFICS OF THE AUCTION SITE ITSELF AS THE DATE IN OCTOBER GETS CLOSER AND WE GET ITEMS FINALIZED.

justinbittner220
10-02-2010, 12:08 PM
Keep me updated!
justinbittner220@hotmail.com

Calstheman
10-02-2010, 02:33 PM
Please keep me updated also. My daughter is a junior @ Cornell U. and a member of Pep Band for the Big Red. Would love to bid on Big Red jersey for this benefit.

Mike Dean
mdean@grimberg.com

olsone21
10-17-2010, 10:09 PM
One week left before Chris's benefit auction debuts on www.obermanauction.com As of Sunday evening, there are 70 NCAA jerseys now that have been donated, representing 49 out of 58 DI teams, including 10 new additions donated by a jersey collector, and two more from D1 programs.

Brown university has sent a second jersey, this one a mens home game worn with nameplate, and Northeastern has contributed a game worn road jersey NOBR

With sincere thanks to a fellow collector, these jerseys will also be up for auction:

Alaska Fairbanks Home #30 Fish
Bowling Green Home #13 "A" Meloche
Bowling Green Road #5 Bronson
Michigan State Road #28 NOBR
Colorado College Home #14 Cromarty
Denver U. Home #22 "A" Kurulak
Boston U. Home #9 Weston
M-Lowell Road #19 Potacco
Maine Alt #13 Hopson Alfond patch
PC Women Road #4 Matthews

Other new arrivals are two Minnesota Wild team
autographed practice jerseys, an Everett Silvertips (WHL)jersey, plus several more game used NHL sticks.

Check out the Chris Garner Support and Benefit Page on Facebook, there are three short video clips (the one one left side under video's with UCONN showing has good individual shots of many of the jerseys.) covering much of the donated items and telling Chris's story.

Thanks, Scot Olson Sauk Rapids, MN

jobathenut
10-17-2010, 10:50 PM
Are there any u of minnesota gophers hockey items????

olsone21
10-18-2010, 12:32 AM
Yes, Two: Home 18 Chucko Goood Wear, And Home 8 (womens) NOBR, Light Wear.

Here Is The List Without The Newest 12 Jerseys Described Above.

Team H/r # Nameplate Wear/other Info

Air Force Home 2 Nobr Light Wear
AIC Home 11 Nnob Good Wear, Repairs
Army Gold 35 Kassel Goalie, Good Wear
Canisius Home 10 "a" Churchill Good Wear
UCONN Home 33 Nobr "c” Heavy Wear,repairs
UCONN (w) Road 24 Nobr Light Wear, Women
UCONN Road 35 Nobr Goalie, Light Wear
Holy Cross Road 24 Nnob Good Wear
Mercyhurst Road 24 Martin "a" Heavy Wear
Mercyhurst Home 19 Nobr Light Wear, Women
Niagara Black 4 Nobr Medium Wear
RIT Orange 4 Nnob New
Ferris Red 25 Riley Good Wear, Repairs
Miami Home 33 Nelson Light Use/gi
MSU Road 22 Nobr Light Wear
NMU Road 6 Fernandez Light Wear
Notre Dame Green 20 Lucyk Light Use
Notre Dame Gold 18 Rankin Light Use
Ohio State Home 9 Nobr Light Wear
Ohio State Road 23 Nobr Light Wear
Ohio State Gray 3 Bartkowski Good Wear
WMU Black 12 Nobr Good Wear
Clarkson Home 7 Tamblyn Good Wear
Colgate Home 12 Nobr Good Wear
Cornell Home 15 Greening "c" Ex Wear/repairs
Harvard Home 7 Nobr Good Wear
RPI Road 36 Morissette Light Wear (poss Gi)
SLU Road 31 Spadaccini Goalie, Poss Gi
Union Road 17 Bergeron Good Wear
Boston Col Home 24 Lombardi "a" Ff Patch Great Wear/repairs
Boston U Road 2 Kielt Light Use
UMass Road 6 Kessler Heavy Wear
Mass Lowell 18 Cey Good Wear
Merrimack Yellow 3 Nobr Good Wear/repairs
UNH Home 7 Charlebois “c” Good Wear/2 Repairs
Providence Black 51 Nobr Light Wear
Vermont Road 25 Higgins Light Wear, Vt Flag
Bemidji Home 7 Orban Light Wear Cha Patch
CC Home 21 Sweatt Good Wear
Denver Home 37 Nobr Light Wear, Us Flag
MTU Black 23 Nobr “a” Very Good Wear
Minnesota Home 18 Chucko Good Wear
Minnesota Home 8 Nobr Womens Light Wear
MSU-M Road 27 Peterson Light Wear/?gi
UMD Road 32 Staylock Goalie,good Wear,auto
UNO Home 24 Nobr Good Wear/10+ Repairs
UNO Road 24 Nobr Good Wear/7+ Repairs
UND Black 8 Martens Light Wear
UND (w) Home 5 Nobr Light Wear, Women
SCSU Home 37 Olson Heavy Wear
SCSU Red 19 Lasch Good Wear/repairs
Wisconsin Home 18 Nnob Game Issue

Non Game Worn/game Issue

Alaska Blue N Nnob
Michigan Home 9 Berenson Auto'd On Back #
Brown (w) Home N Nnob Screened
UAA Gray N Nnob Nye Frontier Classic
UAA Green N Nnob Ak Governors Cup
UAA Yellow N Nnob Us Flag

jobathenut
10-19-2010, 02:21 AM
Thanks for posting back to my question.I am really interested in the chucko game used u of minnesota mens hockey jersey.My brother is a huge mens gophers hockey fan and i would love to get this for him.Where can i bid on it.And find out other details about this auction-thanks

olsone21
10-19-2010, 07:56 AM
The auction starts on-line on Sunday, October 24, 2010 and runs until November 8, 2010. The auction website is: www.obermanauction.com (http://www.obermanauction.com) Pictures of the jerseys along with description of use, etc. will be there along with bidding instructions. All D1
jerseys will have starting bids of $125.00. There will also be a shipping charge of $10 for one jersey, and then combined shipping if a buyer has more than one item. Again, information will be on the website when the auction goes live. Good luck and thanks! Scot

olsone21
10-21-2010, 07:29 PM
The NCAA jerseys are now up on the auction website www.obermanauction.com (http://www.obermanauction.com). More items will be loaded as we get closer to the start time of 9:00AM CST on Sunday, October 24. The auction will end at 8:00pm CST on Monday, November 8, 2010. Good luck everybody!

jobathenut
10-22-2010, 11:41 PM
Thanks for all the information.I am going to go on the site and see if they take money orders.As usually its credit cards only on things like that.I really want to get that jersey for my brother but $125 is pretty spendy even though i know its worth it.But what are the chances i would win it for the opening bid of it.But i wanted to thank you for all the answers you have given me.thanks-

olsone21
10-23-2010, 09:51 AM
Thanks for all the information.I am going to go on the site and see if they take money orders.As usually its credit cards only on things like that.I really want to get that jersey for my brother but $125 is pretty spendy even though i know its worth it.But what are the chances i would win it for the opening bid of it.But i wanted to thank you for all the answers you have given me.thanks-

No problem, the instructions for registering, bidding, paying, etc. are all on the web page. Good Luck!