PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone read SCD anymore?

worldchamps
11-28-2009, 11:37 AM
I just got my latest SCD...there are 8 pages of women's purses...collect.com has an auction of early 1900's purses.

I was very happy to see them give Coaches Corner the boot, but to fill those pages with this crap is going to put me back on the cancel my subscription list.

sox83cubs84
11-28-2009, 02:00 PM
I just got my latest SCD...there are 8 pages of women's purses...collect.com has an auction of early 1900's purses.

I was very happy to see them give Coaches Corner the boot, but to fill those pages with this crap is going to put me back on the cancel my subscription list.

You mean there are still people who subscribe to SCD?:eek:

Dave M.
Chicago area

metsbats
11-28-2009, 02:17 PM
The only purse which could possibly generate any interest amongst any of us on this forum would be this one.

David
11-28-2009, 05:18 PM
As a midwestern bow who wears Levi's jeans, tennis shoes and mismatched socks, I once went to an auction of items belonging to fashion designers Albert and Pearl Nipon. It blew my mind what a handkerchief could sell for. A single vintage Tiffany or Hermes handkerchief would sell for like $5,000. The one neat thing was the Nipons owned a great vintage magazine collection, and I bought that.

Jeffredsfan
10-02-2010, 09:16 AM
I need to take a quick poll of my fellow collectors. My subscription to SCD is about to expire and I'm curious to know if anyone still reads it. I would like to place a display ad in it for buying game used / game worn jerseys with the name ALEXANDER on the back - but I don't know if I would be reaching the appropriate people.

I used to enjoy SCD back in the day (pre-internet / pre-eBay) because that was where the "stuff" was. Well, there and at the decent card shows. I still find SCD enjoyable and it kills about 30 minutes of idle time for me. I just don't know if I would be wasting my money placing an ad. Any comments / help would be appreciated.

rjdgonebats
10-02-2010, 10:02 AM
I do and have been a subscriber for over 25 years. Like they say,"It aint what it use to be" but it really is the only game in town and I still enjoy getting it,though not as much as I use to.Some nice articles every so often and worth the read,albeit a quick one at that.

Swoboda4
10-02-2010, 10:51 AM
Honestly,I get it if I see it on the newsstands or card store shelves and the frequency is twice a year.It's ads are so redundant that there's no sense buying the next issue. Believe it or not ,this Forum has largely replaced SCD in many facets of the hobby.
Are they on line like local papers?

Lokee
10-02-2010, 11:37 AM
no.

joelsabi
10-02-2010, 12:19 PM
no.

isnt this them?
http://www.sportscollectorsdigest.com/GeneralMenu

Fnazxc0114
10-02-2010, 12:41 PM
I cancelled my membership last year.

Tallyman77
10-02-2010, 01:59 PM
SCD used to be as thick as a McDonalds quarter pounder with cheese, but along came the internet and that burger turned into a Ritz cracker. My subscription expires in January 2011 and that's it for me. It's basically all on the internet anyway. :)

-Walt

Evergreen7777@att.net