PDA

View Full Version : Please help with this SAM bat question??!!

jon_8_us
07-31-2006, 05:30 PM
I just saw in a post about a Travis Hafner game used SAM bat for sale that it has a Wilson logo underneath the name and that SAM bats that are used in games must have this sticker.Is this true??I have two Manny Ramirez SAM bats from this year and neither have the sticker that is spoken of.And both have excellent use.Any help would be great.Thanks guys
jon

jon_8_us
07-31-2006, 05:43 PM
Here are the pics of the two different bats from this year.No Wilson sticker
jon

astros*bats
07-31-2006, 06:39 PM
I believe that these Wilson stickers were only on Sam bats for a little while. I think that Wilson purchased Sam Bats and the Rideau Crusher was replaced by the Wilson logo and then switched back. Hopefully someone else can help out.

allstarsplus
07-31-2006, 06:53 PM
Wilson never actually bought SAM bat. Wilson had previously entered into an agreement with Sam Holman, president of Sam Bat, to be the exclusive
distributor of their bats.

I am not sure if this is still in effect.

allstarsplus
08-01-2006, 09:00 AM
Letter from Sam Bat:

Wilson never at any point owned Sam Bat, they were solely our US distributor for Sam Bat's the same way Baseball Express and other companies are now. Any of the bats which were sent to Wilson, had their logo on them. Since we have discontinued our agreement with Wilson, that logo is no longer put on any of our bats.

Thanks!
Kyla Mason
Office Administration
202 Rochester St.
Ottawa ON K1R 7M6
(613) 724-2421 / Fax #(613) 725-3299

Birdbats
08-01-2006, 09:07 AM
I think 2004 was the transition year when Sam bats started displaying the Wilson label. I have a couple bats from early that season (Matt Morris, manufactured 4/12; and Jason Marquis, manufactured 5/19) that don't have anything under the player's name. But my Marlon Anderson bat (manufactured 8/4) has "Wilson" under his name.

I think the Wilson label was on Sam bats for most, if not all, of the 2005 season. Seems the Wilson label got larger from 2004 to 2005 (looks small on my Anderson bat compared to most 2005 bats I've seen).

2006 Sam bats again have "Rideau Crusher" under the player's name, as they did prior to having "Wilson." Both Pujols bats I've handled (manufactured 2/3/06 and 3/13/06) were Rideau Crushers.

Jeff
http://www.birdbats.com